Sonic Cash / Fraud

1 1187 Arnhem LnCreedmoor, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 9196988046

I have been receiving several calls from some foreign guys claiming they are trying to collect a debt owed to Sonic Cash and that they are from the Department of Financial Crimes and if I do not pay the money I will be arrested possibly at my place of employment. I have asked for an address or to send me a copy of the crimes any kind of documentation and they cannot supply me with anything. They are going my the names of Anthony or Michael Walker. They have even called me at work and told people that it is a family emergency and told my supervisor that I wanted for several criminal charges (which could have cost me my job) I have told them several times that if they cannot supply me with some kind of legal documentation then I would send no money, I put a fraud alert on my credit about three months ago that only lasts for 90 days once those 90 days were up the calls started again so now I have placed and 7 year fraud alert on my credit, they have my social and everything. The last time they called I assured them I knew it was a scam and that if they really worked for the US government I was sure that someone with an American accent would work there and that they would know that I am currently married and no longer have the same last name, I have yelled and cussed them and threatened them with lawsuits and they continue to call. I don't know what to do...

Comments

16th of Oct, 2008

Gotta call from these guys also, they threatened me saying that I owwed $5000 to someone called soniccash and that if I didnt pay they felt sorry for me, said they were gonna send someone to my house to "deal with me". After researching I found the real soniccash company and was informed this is a fraudulant call, A scam being run from the middle east trying to get money from us. Sonic cash advised me to call 989-497-0580, which ended up being Homeland security. ANyone who recieves a call from these guys should report it to them as they are trying to close in on these jerks.

• Cb
      30th of Oct, 2008

I just received a call like Angela received, this company claimed that soniccash.net was bringing a suit against me and wanted my attorney's name and number. It is scary because they had my name, social security number, work and cell phone number and also said that they had an affidavit to read the proceedings, and when I asked what company he was with, he just said it was a processing center for sonic cash, and when I told him he was full of ###, he hung up on me. The number he called from was (626) 551-2386. Heavy accent, definitely foreign, probably of middle eastern decent. So be careful out there, and do call the number for Homeland security so they can shut down their operation. 989-497-0580

• Je
      5th of Nov, 2008

I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL JUST LIKE THE OTHERS. THEY ALSO HAD MY CELL PHONE NUMBER, WORK NUMBER, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. THEY FINALLY WERE ABLE TO GET ME ON THE PHONE AT WORK. THE GUY THAT WAS ON THE PHONE TOLD ME HE HAD A AFFIDAVIT TO READ TO ME AND SAID THAT I OWED 2700.I EXPLAINED TO HIM THAT I DID NOT HAVE THE MONEY, HE TOLD ME THAT THE WERE GOING TO FILE FEDERAL CHARGES AGAINST ME AND COME TO MY WORK AND ARREST ME. HE SAID AT THAT POINT I NEEDED SOMEONE THERE WITH ME WITH THE MONEY TO BAIL ME OUT. OR I COULD SETTLE WITH THEM FOR 1200. I EXPLAINED TO HIM I WAS A SINGLE MOM AND THEN HE THREATENED TO CALL SOCIAL SERVICES AND HAVE MY CHILDREN REMOVED FROM THE HOME, BECAUSE I ENGAED IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. HE DID GIVE ME HIS NAME WHICH WAS A HISPANIC NAME BUT I TOLD HIM YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE MIDDLE EASTERN. I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH HIS SUPERVISOR AND HE WAS TELLING ME THE SAME THING. THEY ALSO CALLED AND SPOKE TO MY MANAGER AND TOLD THEM THEY WERE MY SUPERVISOR AND THEY WERE GOING TO COME TO ARREST ME. I DID RECEIVE A BILL AT ONE TIME FROM THIS PLACE SO I CALLED AND TO BE HONEST THE GUY I TALKED TO ON THE PHONE SOUNDED JUST LIKE HIM HEAVY ACCENT. AND AS OF RIGHT NOW I AM PAYING A 500.00 LOAN THAT I BELIEVE IS MY DEBT BUT NOT SURE. AND NOW I BELIEVE THIS IS FRAUD

• Kf
      26th of Nov, 2008

Holy crap! Me too. I was like who are these people? They are talking about arresting me on and on! HA! I love I found this here.
    Thank YOu!

• Qu
      12th of Apr, 2010

I got this call too, and they have my social security number. They are a total scam from India, I spoke to Homeland Security today. Put fraud alerts on your credit report and bank account IMMEDIATELY! If they call again, tell them you are reporting them to the Secret Service.

They will not say what company they represent unless you harass them for it, I tried several times and they kept hanging up. I finally got some one to say "Cash Net USA" who I actually had a loan with. I told him that loan was settled, then they changed to "Sonic Cash, " whom I did not ever have a loan with. As soon as I said this, they hung up again. I called the Secret Service, then called them back to tell them. Of course, they hung up.