Song Tickets / Charged me for 2 day event tickets sent me one day tickets

I was looking for tickets to Pinks All Out ay Z-Max Dragway in Charlotte NC for the April event. It starts on Friday and runs the weekend. The tickets were to be a gift for my husbands birthday. I went to Coast to Coast Tickets website found the tickets I was looking for and was directed to a seller. I purchsed 4 tickets for what I thought was the weekend event, Friday and Saturday from Song Ticketing. My purchase price plus fees was $262 dollars. What I received were 2 tickets for the Friday event with a face value of $30. I immediately tried to contact Song ticketing to no avail by phone. I contacted Coast to Coast who completely blew me off, repeatedly even thouh theu have a "money back guarantee". After many attepmpts by phone and several not so nice emails I finally got a call from Song Ticketing and was refused a refund but did get my other 2 $15 tickets. So be careful when dealing with either company.

Ed

Comments

• Mo
      2nd of Jun, 2010

Yep, they're a ripoff. It works like this:

You have some event you want to see, so you google it. MyCityRocks or SongTickets or some other [censor]ed domain name appears and claims to be some kind of grass-roots ticket exchange.

They're not.

I paid $141 for tickets with a face value of $68. Right after the purchase, I checked ticketmaster. I got the same tickets as the ones available at the same time for the face value.

To add insult to injury, they immediately bought the tickets and then printed them out on a home-quality INKJET printer!! So, for 2x the price, I don't have ticket stubs to keep after the event. I only have some idiot's office-depot printer paper and crappy image of my tickets. LOL! What a sham operation!

DO NOT BUY FROM SONGTICKETS.COM or MYCITYROCKS.COM!! Go straight to ticketmaster; yes their fees suck, but it's better than getting raped by SongTickets.com

I think these guys are ripe for a class-action lawsuit... any lawyers out there want an easy payday? I'm in. I am so in.

• Wi
      26th of Jul, 2010

Similar thing happened to me. I ordered two 62 dollar tickets but got two 31 dollar tickets, and they charged me $159 for them. When I tried to get a refund they wrote that they sold them in a secondary market and could charge whatever they wanted, regardless of face value. I explained that they let me choose the best seats, but then put me in the second to last row! This is BS and I am challenging the card thrugh American Express.

• Sr
      12th of Nov, 2010
    Song Tickets - Ticket rip off
    Song Tickets

I made my origional post in March of this year and am still so angry about being ripped off I just want to be sure others are aware that the 2 comapnies I named in my origional complaint are a complete rip off!!

don't give them your money!! Be aware that the tickets will be of better quality and cost less if you go to the site for the venue or the event you want to attend. Beware and read the webpage before entering your credit card information. If I can prevent even one person from getting ripped off by these crooks I will be happy.

• Jj
      5th of Dec, 2010

what to do? I just ordered the tickets from Mycityrocks, before I saw this...

16th of Apr, 2011

Just got scewed by song tickets!!! paid $35 a ticket and found out that they could have been bought for $10, with a $31.48 shipping and handling fee. Hope that the roof falls in on them!