Sona Med Spa Laser Hair Removal / Burns!!

1 6075 Poplar Ave, Suite 202Memphis, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: (901) 683-8220

DO NOT GO HERE.. UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET BURNED!!
I got a promotion deal on laser hair removal where you buy 1 area and get 2 areas free. So, I bought a package of 6 treatments for legs and received 2 other areas (also six treatments) for free. I started my laser hair removal treatment by get my arms done first. It felt a little uncomfortable but the person who was doing it said it's normal so I didn't think much of it. A few days later, I started my treatment for legs. Apparently, the person performing the procedure was not paying attention to what she was doing even after a asked twice to stop. The pain was so unbearable that I had to push her hand away twice but she kept going down my leg. Fortunately, I got her to stop after I told her I couldn't handle it anymore and she only did one section of my leg.
The manager and technician made it seem like it was no big deal even though I was in extreme pain. I couldn't let anything touch the burns so I was wearing shorts in the middle of winter!!
It's been several months now and no one will call me or meet with me after several attempts. I've already paid my money in full and still have not received a response to get my refund. DO NOT GO TO SONA MED SPA. The owners are both idiots and I don't know how they are still in operation.

Ni

Comments

• Sk
      30th of Jun, 2009

I'm glad I came across your article. I had a very similar experience with the exact same Sona Med Spa. I am a 30 year old male and after consulting with one of the owners about having hair removal on my face because of some foliculitis I had they said it would work great. They told me that after 5 treatments I should just have a few stray hairs left and they would help me out on the rest of the treatments, but it shouldn't take many. "LOAD OF CRAP!" I asked right up front how long will it take for me to fully recover after a treatment. She told me 3 days tops. Well I work in the public eye and let me tell you my face was so bad it was embarrassing. All of my lymphoids were swollen. I called them up and she said "o that is normal it should go away in a few days." I looked like a Monster and thats no joke! Well it lasted a MONTH! I had to use my vacation time. I went back and tried to show one of the technicians pictures I had taken and she didn't even want to look @ them. After my 5 treatment and ALL of my vacation time used up over a two year period I went in to see the Dr. He now informs me that he can't promise me how many it will take. They gave me 2 more treatments and I still have a full beard. Just a heads up after the 5 treatments they will not call you or offer any help. You have to push them. I was desperate for help w/ my foliculitis, but all I ended up getting was the run around and a lot of embarrassing pain. Waste of Money and time! Stay Away!

• El
      11th of Apr, 2016

WOW! We need to stop these people!!!