Solutions Reward/Smart Living / Account Withdrawals

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

Since December, 2008 I have been victimized by unauthorized automatic deductions in the amount of $14.95 per month from my business checking account. Originally the debits were made by an entity entitled Smart Living. This month it changed to Sol Reward. My bank cannot block the charges but did give me a phone number. The company appears to be Solutions Reward. I have no idea what it is. They promised to cancel my "subscription" and refund the latest deduction of $14.95. I don't believe them.

Ma

More Solutions Reward/Smart Living Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pr
      22nd of May, 2009

I too have deductions from my checking account entitled "Solutions Reward." I found an e-mail address and tried to have them stopped but it has not worked. I'll call my bank and get the phone number. Thank you!!!

• Pa
      5th of Jun, 2009

OMG...I just noticed this charge coming thru on my debit accout as well...Same thing, $14.95 from Sol Reward...Do you happen to have the number handy?

• Jd
      24th of Jul, 2009

This company has been charging my Visa account $14.95 monthly without any authorization.

• Li
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I too found unauthorized charges of $14.95 per month on my debit card and just called the company. They immediately offer to refund me for two months of charges and i said this was not acceptable. They then offered four months and again i said this was not acceptable that i wanted all 8 monthly charges to be refunded and asked to speak with a supervisor. They then put me on hold and the same customer service rep cam back on the line and indicated that she had authorization from her manager to refund the 8 charges. so insist that they refund all charges and don't take no until they do!

the number is 877.674.8273

• Ki
      8th of Sep, 2009

I just discovered today that I have been receiving the same unauthorized charge of 14.95 on my debit card too - for the past 7 months. I actually first googled the most recent phone number used in the most recent charge, and found posts about fraudulant charges from a different but similar company called Easy Saver. When googling the other number that was in connection with the charges when it first began, I came across this post - as well as the company name Solutions Rewards. I am completely OUTRAGED that no one has managed to put a stop to these companies, and that websites/other companies still do business with them!!! I called their number today, but with no luck because of the holiday. I will take your advice though and not take no for an answer when I call tomorrow. I am unbelievably angry.. over a $100 worth charges this has added up to!

• Ki
      8th of Sep, 2009

877-674-8273 is the number that was on my bank account, as well as 877-564-8538 most recently. I have been victimized by these scammers too for the past 7 months! I am calling both numbers to try and get the 7 months refunded tomorrow, be firm with them and demand the charges be refunded!!

17th of Nov, 2009

The company that signed you up for this subscription is www.solutions.com! I was also scammed by them!

• Pt
      3rd of Dec, 2009

When you place an order through www.solutions.com, they have great products, a popo up that offers free shipping comes on, and if you accept then you get an e amil saying about the rewards. STAY AWAY FROM THIS POP UP. Good I read this blog since I had no idea of who was solutionsrewards, their page is Out, so I call and cancell the subscription. I will have to wait to make sure they do not charge me.

• Ko
      11th of Dec, 2009

I called and got the same exact result as the first post(Lizbeth) Just stay strong and they will refund your money. Just mention BBB and they will cave... Thanks Lizbeth!!!

Jim

• Dd
      20th of Jan, 2010

Same story. 2 months. We are just starting the complaint process. It started with an order from Solutions.com. Boycott that company!

• Ka
      9th of Mar, 2010

I got billed under the names of "Solution Rewards" and "Casual Living" for $14.95 per month. I called them at 877-674-8273 and demanded ALL of my money back. After haggling for a while, they did refund all of my money.
    The way I got into this was by giving my email address while I was purchasing an item. Supposedly somewhere in fine print it says that be giving your email address, you agree to join the "club" to receive discounts on your next purchase. From that month forward you are billed $14.95 per month.

If you also had unauthorized charges to your account, good luck.
    Kay

• Up
      31st of Mar, 2010

Can you please furnish me with the telephone number of Solutions Rewards? They are charging me almost $15 per month, too. For nothing!
    Thank you. Please e-mail me at wordcop99@comcast.net.

5th of Apr, 2010

I too have had this charge charged to my credit card for several months.

• Ba
      9th of Apr, 2010

I, too, got scammed into joining this when I ordered from Solutions - I have sent two emails to Solutions who say they are not responsible, but the responsibility is with Encore. I just sent an email to customercare@email.marketinginternational.com demanding they cancel this so-called subscription. Yes, I will boycott that company in future.
    Barbara

• Tf
      27th of Apr, 2010

just got off the phone with the 877-674-8273 number. i am getting reimbursed for 12, yes 12 amounts of 14.95!! i was unaware of this charge being credited to my account. i explained that i was unaware and the lady was understanding and said i will be credited back the 179.40 (i love run-on sentences). if they are raping you of 14.95 every month call this number, explain that you were unaware of their whole membership and your money will be returned to you.

• Ka
      29th of Jun, 2010

Wow. I just got off the phone with Tanya at the 877-564-8538 number. I have the same story as described above. I ordered something from Solutions.com and apparently signed up to get something off my next purchase. I apparently did not see the fine print (i.e., signing up for a 14.95/mo. fee. A year later I am doing a financial analysis for my family and find this recurring billing for SOL rewards. I asked my husband (his card)
    "What's this?" He said, "I don't know." I didn't know either. I called up to find out who they were two weeks after my hubby -- they offered him a two month refund. They said that's all they could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she can only offer a 6 month refund. I am livid. She essentially said it was my fault because I didn't find it on my credit card, and I will admit to some stupidity. However, it was not on my card, and I didn't find out until a year later. I reminded her that it's up to the business to be honest, and me to be smart. Argh.

5th of Apr, 2011

My bad experience with Solutions began In July, 2009. They say that when I placed an order that I signed up for their rewards service - something I would never do - and that they sent me the rewards packet with coupons and notices. But if you are wondering why I have paid them $14.95 a month for 18 months - two reasons: Bank of America would not stop the payment; I had to do that directly with the company, I did not know who was billing me. My bill said it came from ENCORE MKTG $14.95; the only information I had was a phone number: Merchant Information: 1-877-674-82 MD - but when I dialed the number I either got no answer or a series of passing me on to someone else, until it disconnected; one time I got a message saying that the number was incorrect and it would cost me $4.95 to get the correct number. But then it gave me the correct number, but that one disconnected before I got to a person.
    I told an agent with Bank of America whose card I had used to place the order my experience, and he agreed to get the company on the line with him and me. It turned out to be something called Solutions Rewards which I had never heard of.
    Solutions seems to be a good company with a very bad Rewards company that is costing them customers. The woman said I signed up for Solutions Rewards when I placed an order and then sent me a packet of coupons and an agreement to continue to pay this fee. IF I received anything like that I do not remember it at all, and IF I had received it, I would have canceled it. When I realized I was being billed, I tried to cancel it, but could not find the merchant as I said.
    Anyway as of today I am off that account, although I see from previous complaints, I really need to check that; and I have canceled my catalogue to Solutions. I hope some action can be taken, as I lost over $260 in this craziness.

Anne M.

11th of Apr, 2011

I am in the same boat as all the others-I did call and got a cancellation number and they are going to reimburse $59.60. Scammers as far as I am concerned will never buy from Solutions again

Anna M, Ohio

• Na
      7th of Nov, 2011

You caught yours early - I didn't catch on until after 9 months of being charged $14.95! I also never signed up for anything - it started, I now realize, with a "test" of $1.95 the day after I ordered online at solutions.com - it's not the same thing. On my bank statement, solutions 800-342998 8 OR is the legitimate business (I think!), and Solutions Rew888-354632 4 OR is the bogus "membership." I guess I'm too busy - it happened to me last year, too - I've learned my lesson! Last year they did pay the refund in two payments, and they say they will this year, too. They do "haggle" with you, very politely with proper British accents, and even though they see on your "membership record" that it is "cancelled, " it apparently doesn't stick. Definitely a scam - unfortunately, I won't order from last year's online florist anymore, and I won't order from solutions catalog online either.

• Na