SoLow.com / unauthorized monthly purchase

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

I took a survey on facebook and started received stupid texts on my cell phone. A few weeks later, I saw my Verizon bill was higher than it usually is, and I haven't changed my usage. Come to find that I had "purchased" some kind of monthly service with solow.com. Never heard of them but they were charging me $9.99 a month. I also discovered another bogus "purchase" on my Verizon bill for sendmemobile.com. I didn't authorize that either. Make sure you check your cell phone bill very carefully.

Comments

• Dg
      17th of Jul, 2009

I don't use my cellphone for text messaging as I have a company issued Blackberry. I haven't used my cellphone number on line at any time. My latest Verizon bill had 3 separate charges for $9.99 each from SoLow.com, Sendmemobile.com and MobileContent.com. I have no idea how they got my phone number. After numerous phone calls and emails, I have received refunds from all but SoLow. They are refusing to answer my emails and I am threatening legal action with costs. I will be forwarding a complaint to the Better Business Bureau later today.

• Ph
      17th of Jul, 2009

Also got tagged for a $9.99 monthly recurring charge, described on my bill as "PREM_SMS 23687 23687 solow.com." Like austingrrl, I vaguely remember taking some silly survey on Facebook which resulted in getting a couple of SMS texts. I thought nothing of it, since nothing in the language indicated I was subscribing to any sort of service. I only found out when I scanned my bill more closely. I suspect like many people, I have a rather large monthly bill covering many handsets and a datacard, so a $10 difference doesn't necessarily stand out.

The lesson: Be careful when you connect the web to your SMS inbox in any way--you never know what you might be signing up for, even inadvertently.

29th of Jul, 2009

I was Tricked by these ###S thought I was checking out a job and I this ### ###.

• Ck
      4th of Aug, 2009

I just discovered the 9.99 on my bill again. I found it two months ago and texted "stop". Didn't work.

• Dr
      8th of Aug, 2009

these jerkoffs tried to get me for the 9.99 crap this past month as well. Verizon graciously removed the charge. To avoid further problems I blocked all "premium" texts from my number. These crooks need to be shut down!!!

• Mm
      20th of Aug, 2009

Same thing happenned to me, I called Verizon and got the charges dropped from my bill. They also told me if you text stop to the text you will still get charged the $9.99. I am filing a complaint on fcc.gov and suggest everyone else do the same.

• Mo
      27th of Aug, 2009
    SoLow.com - unauthorized charge on my cell phone

I received my Verizon phone bill, and realized my bill was too much. I called Verizon and was told that solow.com had charged me for something that I unknowingly signed up for.
    Verizon will not remove the charge. It was for $9.99 for one text message!!!
    There has to be some way to stop this type of thing happening. It's stealing!

• Pe
      3rd of Sep, 2009
    SoLow.com - Unauthorized Cell Phone Billing
    Robert Plumlee
    Nevada

These people started billing my Verizon account without autorization. I called Verizon and the will not back the charges out of my bill. I called Solow.com customer service and there is no option to speak with a living bieng, just a message that states "A customer service representative will return your call" This is a scam, there are no services associated with the bill.

• Cr
      5th of Sep, 2009

Here is the slowlow turnoff service.

"SoLow Games, including premium games, for $9.99/month. To stop receiving the security code confirmation text messages or to cancel a service at any time, text "STOP" to 23687. "

Hope this helps.

• Bl
      14th of Sep, 2009

My son got into something on his cell, this is a horsecrap deal. Write your congressman, but he is in Bermuda on a free trip from solow so don't expect much.

• El
      14th of Sep, 2009
    SoLow.com - texts
    Wisconsin

I am a senior citizen with a cell phone and do not have texting as a service. Yet I have $22.97 extra on my bill from texts coming in from I didn't know where. I am on a budget and think this is very disrespectful for a company to send you things you didn't sign up for and now I have to pay the bill...I wish someone would do something about this. I see alot more problems out there and still nothing is done? Gramma on a budget.

24th of Sep, 2009

Just got my verizon bill, and have an unauthorized charge from solow.com as well. How does one stop the charges?

24th of Sep, 2009

I took a survey on facebook and started received stupid texts on my cell phone. A few weeks later, I saw my Verizon bill was higher than it usually is, and I haven't changed my usage. Come to find that I had "purchased" some kind of monthly service with solow.com. Never heard of them but they were charging me $9.99 a month. I also discovered another bogus "purchase" on my Verizon bill for short codes 256-92 and 654-654. I didn't authorize those either.

• Al
      9th of Oct, 2009

Even I took an IQ Test on some website. Its my company mobile number I gave. Do they charge me for that... If so is there any way to block them?

• Al
      9th of Oct, 2009

Guys I have done somuch research and found a way to stop messages. I texted “STOP” to 23687. u should text not call. And got the following message.

SoLow: Sad 2 see u go! We canceled ur membership. U will receive no further messages or charges. 8774023687 for help. Txt GAMES to 23687 to come back anytime!

I hope it wont charge me anymore…

• Mr
      19th of Nov, 2009

I have had this 2 months in a row and very upset...how do we stop this????

• Pa
      2nd of Dec, 2009
    SoLow.com - cell phone charges
    solow.com
    11811 Percheron Road
    Garden Grove
    California
    Phone: 714-534-0523

Unauthorized and annoying text messages every day charged to my Verizon account. I am a brain cancer patient that wanted to find out
    if I any IQ left after surgery. I am a premium Verizon customer as it is, $190 per month. Verizon should help block these mess's.

• Nr
      6th of Jan, 2010

Dont log in, call or text. they will charge you $9.99 or mor...for nothing!

• Ni
      16th of Jan, 2010
    SoLow.com - test messages on my cell phone
    solow
    Lincolnton
    North Carolina
    solow.com

they keep texting my cell phone and i don't know why. i did not contact them or ask for this. it is a constant texting problem from them and my phone co. charges me for each text message. please make them stop. linda

• Pi
      17th of Jan, 2010

I am in the process of trying to get the charge removed from my bill from solo.com. The guy I talked to said I will be charged for the previous month and also for discontinuing the service. I'm currently waiting to talk to his manager, and I think everyone who has this problem needs to contact their service provider and do the same. Eventually the providers will discontinue paying these people when they start to see we aren't going to pay for this. Also I will complain to the better business bureau and suggest you do too.