Solo Mobile / Worst ever

This is an ongoing issue that started with Solo since July 19th, 2010. Solo has put me on a spending cap of 125.00 to start and because of Solo's crazy billing system and the total lack of being able to see your account details I had reached the spending cap at which time Solo suspended my service. Solo does not send you a text message or an email or any kind of warning that you are reaching your spending cap then all of a sudden your account is suspended and your penalized for hitting the spending cap limit.

This has happened now 3 times and my spending cap has now been lowered to 75 per month. I have not paid a bill late yet I have been penalized 3 times now.

The customer service is the absolute worst. I called to complain about the situation and when I was not able to get through to the Rep I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. The Rep put me on hold and then made up some BS about the supervisor not able to take the call. It turns out that she never escalted my issue to a supervisor, she only spoke to a help desk personel. When I asked for the name of the General Manager for Solo Mobile, I was told she could not give me that information.

Also my billing date is on the 15th of the month, however when I spoke to a rep on Aug 19th I was told she could not give me details of the account as the bill has not been generated, even though my billing date is the 15th of the month. Solo can't get their billing correct but they can suspend your account at the drop of a hat without any paper backup or without notifying you before hand.

Another issue is if there is a spending cap on an account for 125.oo how the hell did Solo let the bill get to over 200.00? If there is a spending cap then when your account hits 125.01 a notice or text message should be sent and limit services that would cause the additional usage time. Suspending a service you fully paid for is WRONG on every level of business.

I will never recommend Solo Mobile to anyone and as soon as I can end my ontract with them I will and never use Solo Mobile or Bell. WORST BUSINESS PRACTICES EVER!

Le

Comments

• Be
      29th of Dec, 2010

I have been trying to get solo to send me a last bill. I ended by plan with solo on Aug. 28 and I have been waiting for a bill. I have talked to 7 representatives and I have given them my address and there is still no bill. It is now Dec. 29 and I have called again - waiting on the phone for 63 min. trying to get a manager. I will never deal with this company again. I now have Koodo and I get my bill in the mail and they take the payment off my credit card. There is no extra fees and it is the same every month. Solo/Bell need to be stopped. Advise: Go to Koodo for your phone and cancel BELL/SOLO

• Ny
      10th of Jan, 2012

SOLO MOBILE ARE THE WORST THEY ARE THEIVES, SCAM ARTISTS, EVERY MONTH I SPEND HOURS OF MY TIME ON CUSTOMER SERVICE YELLING AT THEM I JUST GOT OFF OF THE PHONE WITH THEM SO HALF MY DAY IS GONE SO I DONT HAVE TIME TO GIVE SPECIFIC DETAILS, I MOVED HERE AND EVERYONE WARNED ME ABOUT THEM BUT I SOMEHOW GOT SUCKERED INTO SIGNING A CONTRACT WITH THEM, THEY ARE THE WORST, TAKE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD FRAUDUENTLY, THEN SAY I HAVE A CREDIT ON ACCOUNT THEN SOMEHOW I OWE HUNDREDS OVER WHAT THE CREDIT SHOULD BE, NOW I WANT TO CANCEL MY SERVICE AND THEY WONT EVEN LET ME THERE IS NO RECORD OF MY CALLS, ITS INSANE I HOPE THE PLACE NEVER MIND IF I WROTE IT GOSH IT WOULD GET ME IN TROUBLE, JUST DONT EVER EVER EVER GO WITH SOLO EVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRR

• Be
      28th of Sep, 2012

I have the very same problem you have suffered - I came back to Canada last October 7th, 2011 and my nightmare started when I signed up with Bell (ended up I was put to Solo Mobile). They told me I can have free mobile if I signed up two-year contract, but when I actually signed the contract, I was charged $40.00 for the mobile on top of the one month of pre-charge. Started Oct. 15th, I have been chasing my monthly bill each month, but only can get it download until the end of the month, then I was charged for late payment. It was not until Feb. 2012 someone told me on the phone that they will not charge me late payment if the check can arrive before the 14th of the month. In March 2012, they suddenly charge me for $130 and cut down to $104.80 when I called in to argue. They put down a lot of numbers that I don't even know who it belongs to, but they insisted the computer recorded it and that cannot be wrong. I decided to have the landlord to hook up a home line in my room with Shaw in April 2012 and don't use mobile since. Then sicne May 2012, they don't process the check on time and charge me for late payment and block my phone. I have to pay for the monthly of $21.00 up to May 2013 as I was bined in that two-year contract. Can I go to any government office to ask for the protectioin of my rights? Please advice if you should know how we can find the justice and have Solo Mobile to do proper business. Many thanks!

• Da
      21st of Apr, 2013

Hi l have solo mobile pre paid cards. l did not get a pre paid card for 2 months with no notice from them that l would be suspended. So l had already bought a pre paid 75.00 card and when l went to activate it they told me l could no longer active that card. l tried calling back 5 times and still the same answer. Can anyone tell me what l can do as l am now probably out 75.00. They have now cancelled my account.

• Ha
      10th of Nov, 2013

Solo Mobile for me is a very big SCAM, i NEVER USED THEIR SERVICE, but they still charged me monthly even though was cancelled by them automatically, when you call customer service, an ununderstandable indian accent english that sucks, and they are very bad in solving problem issues .

They have charged my credit card without my even my knowledge, and now dont know what to do !!!

I dont know to whom should I complain, money has been withdrawn out of my CC .
    GOVERNMENT SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT