Solo Communications Voice Mail / Fraudulant Charges

ESDI is billing my local telephone carrier (Verizon) on behalf of Solo Communications. Solo Communications states that I signed up for voice mail on my home phone. There are two problems with this. First, I've never even heard of them, let alone signed up for their services. Second, the telephone number I supposedly signed up for voice mail on is my DEDICATED FAX LINE. Verizon has agreed to block further charges, but so far I have had no luck getting charges removed and/or refunded by ESDI or Solo Communications. ESDI flat out told me that they'd note my displeasure, but would do nothing to stop future billings. Solo Communications has yet to return my call. I this is not resolved, I will file a fraud report with my local police agency.

De

Comments

• Co
      19th of Jun, 2010

i received an email saying i had sign up for solovoice voicemail and i was like what?when? i never heard of this company. and it says they will bill me 12.95 to my phone bill...and how did they get my land line home number? they say thats my pin. i never heard of this people before...wtf

• Jj
      30th of Jul, 2010

I received a charge on my ATT bill stating that SOLO COMMUNICATIONS was charging me in the amount of 12.95. When I contacted them they stated that they were a third party billing company that charges for the use of an 800 number voicemail. I informed them that I had no clue of them and why they were billing me. She issued a credit and stated that it was requested through www.employ-e.net.com. This is a ficticious website that doesn't even exist. The rep got pissed when I told her that and hung up on me. This company is a rip off!!! And to top that off, she stated that it would take up to two billing cycles before the charge would be credited back to my phone bill. PLEAS BEWARE!!!

• St
      20th of Sep, 2010

How is it that his compasny keeps charging people fraudulently and there is nothing that can be done to stop them? They have lied to me several times about refunding charges, but they keep recharging my account every month.

• Dg
      18th of Nov, 2010

Honestly... this is not just the SOLO or ESDI, but the phone company, Verizon, Centurylink, and others major companies are at fault. By do allowing this they have become the intermediate on their behalf and that is what allows these predators to exist.
    My phone is just for the internet and was getting charged for voicemail. LOL!!! Not real funny tho!
    Verizon and other companies that allow this to happen and allow these charges appear on their bills, UNCHECKED, should be ashamed of this.
    It is a disgraceful and shady business practice.

• Be
      18th of Jan, 2011

I'm another person on this long list of people being charged by my phone company by a third party billing service (my phone company ATT) I called att and they say they will remove THIRD PARTY BILLING but the money i have already paid to this FRAUDULENT COMPANY CALLED SOLO COMMUNICATIONS is not coming back to me, my advice is to call your phone company and tell them you want to remove THIRD PARTY BILLING from your regular phone bill.

• Gi
      7th of Jun, 2011

Yes I also just noticed a 14.95 per month charge for Solo Communications?? Mine states Fax service on my Verizon bill? I don't even own a Fax? I am pissed that they basically committing fraud and Also Verizon is allowing this to occur? Now I have to waste my time fighting this mess by trying to reclaim my money and getting this removed from my bill! Why isn't this company out of business? Shouldn't I have signed some type of agreement? It appears from the LARGE number of complaints listed for this company that they are not help accountable for this and continue to thrive off our backs