Solar Lights / No website to re-order!

In the package of solar lights I purchased is this nice little stuffer that says - glass broken or missing parts - need help? And it has the website of www.gpwarranty.com - well guess what? There is no website except these accepting complaints. There is a 800 phone number listed which I will have to try to call on Monday. I will also give the email address a try - if not - I am taking the receipt out of the trash and returning the whole thing.

Comments

• Br
      18th of Dec, 2006

I had the same experience. They should fix their website at least put a not that says the site is down or something. What a pain. I bought a Hampton Bay Plaza ceiling fan and it has broken lights out of the box. I can't even get support from their site. They better fix it up when I call them today on the phone. Good luck to all you other people looking for that www.GPwarranty.com website.

• Be
      1st of Jan, 2007

Solar light bought at Home depot, bought 4, and one isn't working, return the following day for an Exchange, second one not working either. Piece of paper from the product have this web address www.gpwarranty.com, could not find anything about it.

• Re
      31st of May, 2007

I bought the stupid solar lights for the landscaping and as night fell i noticed six burned bright blue and six burned yellow (same style fixture) i checked them and the led bulbs are different!

Don't buy Chinese all they make is crap!!! And since they are on the other side of the world they are laughing their a**es off at us for buying their crap!

• Di
      10th of Jun, 2008

Well... it is two years later and they are still putting slips of paper in fan boxes with the address of www.gpwarranty.com printed on them... and it still doesn't work! There is a toll free line that is open the convenient hours of 9am-4:30pm M-F (just when everyone is hanging ceiling fans that they bought at Home Depot). I counted myself lucky; it was the last box in the store... now I wish they were sold out!

DO NOT BUY HAMPTON BAY PRODUCT!!!

20th of Jun, 2008

I purchased 8 fence lights & 2 of them were broken.
    There is a slip inside saying DO NOT RETURN MECHANDISE TO STORE but instead to get in touch with you!

WELL NOW WHAT????

Carol

• El
      5th of Jul, 2008

I too got skunked. I just bought a solar tiki light. I put it in the yard and waited for the sun to do it's thing. The light doesn't work and I've given it a week to gather plenty of sun light. It has been very sunny all week and no light. The on switch for the light causes the light to flicker but it won't stay on. I think I will take this junk right back to Home Depot and stop using my Home Depot credit card for one full year. I did it before I can do it again. I get points for my debit card anyway. This is what free trade gets you!!!

• Ra
      11th of Oct, 2008

Yes to all of the aforementioned. I purchased Hampton Bay solar landscape lights (model number 27107) from the Home Depot today (10/11/2008). The website, www.GPWarranty.com, leads to "The King of Fans." All 10 of the lights worked well as dusk and then night descended. My wife went out to look, came back inside and advised that "the one in front of the burning bush is not on." Yet when I had went out earlier, all were on. So I went back out, a total of three were not working. I went out a few moments later, and a fourth was out as well. I acknowledge that it was late afternoon when I put them out, therefore I will reserve judgement until tomorrow evening. However, based on the comments on this site, I do not hold out too much hope.

• Al
      18th of Oct, 2008

what a peice of junk.could not agree more with everyone else.Mine were on then suddenly went off. bought them at home depot, another crap store.better off supporting your local hardware store, if there are any left.

23rd of Dec, 2008

They were wonderful to me??? I TALKED TO MR. GONZALEZ AND HE SENT ME FREE BALLAST, REMOTE, AND RECEIVER FOR MY HAMPTON BAY...HIS PRIVATE NUMBER IS 800-330-3267

23rd of Dec, 2008