solar energy store / Faulty Generator Order [protected]

1 5/110 Station Road, Seven Hills, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 0296209011

I purchased a 4.4kva generator on about the 22 February 2012. After numerous phone calls and being left on hold for up to 40 minutes at a time, They could not provide a tracking number and the excuse was that they deal through a broker and he had the number. I asked why that person could not get the number from the broker . But no the broker wouldn't give him the number.
On 16March 2012 I came home to find the generator at the door, no paperwork. No Tax Invoice.

I followed all the instructions regarding the oil etc and started the generator, it didn't sound right and was running rough so I took the generator to an electrician to have it tested. $70.00 later I found out that the generator was fluctuating between 180- 240 volts and the electrician said don't use it it will burn everything. out.
I then contacted the company and spoke to Ray in the Customer (NON) Service Section and told him the story. I said that I wanted a replacement or a refund. He said he would speak with his supervisor and ring me back. OF COURSE HE NEVER DID.
After a few more amails to them threatening to take legal action got an email from Sales and the email said "thanks for your email,
what is your order number, how can I help you"
I sent another email and said that if you received the email the order number was on that email and to contact the Customer service section and sort the matter out.
I have not had any response since that time
I have a copy of all the emails sent to that company and record of all conversations and the name of the person I had them with.
I intend to also make a complaint with ASIC

Comments

• Br
      25th of Jul, 2012

100% true I have the same trouble with 2kva generator still waiting its in the hands of fair trading now ;should have bought a honda.

• Be
      29th of Jul, 2012

We had the same problems. Could never speak to the manager when we asked to and never received phone calls back. We got onto both Consumer Affairs and Current Affair. After A Current Affair contacted them we finally got a refund cheque but no reimbursement for the freight to send it back like they said they would do. We are going to let everyone in the caravaning fraternity know what they would have to contend with if they deal through these people. Don't yoju yhimk this willm make a good topic for Happy Hour.

• Be
      29th of Jul, 2012

The above comment was scrambled. The last sentence should read Don't you think this will make a good topic for Happy Hour?

• Sh
      14th of Aug, 2012

Look at www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au they issued a public warning about solar energy store

• Al
      21st of Aug, 2012

i would like to say that i purchased a generator and fridge freezer at the perth caravan and campiing show in march 2012 paib in full 4 days later they took my money and havent seen diddly squat from t5hem. it is now in the hands of the dept or fair trading in NSW but their communication is hopeless and i would advise all to steer clear of them A Tigges Perth

• Si
      28th of May, 2013

I am still waiting on money that solar energy owes me for labour hire they have refused to pay me even though i have a signed contract with them this is for peoples wagesthey are the worst company and trade under many different names some of there products are not to australian standards. George Sukolski the owner has been fined by the parramata court for selling products online not to australian standards he has a press release about him under fair trading saying aviod dealing with him and his businesses anyone having problems with him should contact fair trading so they can investigate more. avoid this company solar energy