Software-hq.net / Deception in Advertising and Product

Software-HQ claims to provide software, but actually provides free trial samples you can get from the manuafacturer for free.

I found the site by gooling Corel Paint Shop.

Thought I was ordering Paint Shop, but instead got a free tiral which I could have gotten at Corel for free; I got a 3 year membership in Software, -HQ for $37.85; $17.88 for a download accelerator, whatever that is; and download protection for $14.97, whatever that is.

These charges were never itempized or shown on the screen and the only way I got this itemization is by requesting the charges from software-hq.net.

Am working on a class action lawsuit in Federal Court against this entty and possible RICO litigation. Need the actual name of the company, and its address.

Im you can help please let me know.

Comments

• Ry
      6th of Mar, 2009

The company's address is listed as 6434 Bay Cedar Lane, Bradenton, FL 34203-7161.

• Ry
      6th of Mar, 2009

i called them on their scam and told them i was contacting my lawyer and this is what i got back. don't know what to think of it

Dear Customer,

Per your request we have voided your membership. This charge will not post to your account. Since this charge was already authorized by your bank or credit card company, you will see it listed as a pending charge to your account. The charge will not post! The pending charge will be released back to your account by your financial institution within 2-10 business days.

Thanks,