Software-HQ.com / Unwanted software

1 NV, United States Review updated:

I wanted to buy Avast anti-virus on line. This company Software-HQ.com falsely advertised as Avast then directed me to buy free software as a membership misleading me to place an order thinking it is Avast but turned out to be only membership to programs like DAP, Speedbit...etc. I tried to contact the company but could not log to the web they directed me to do which is:http://www.software-hq.net/members/logon.asp
I never wanted to buy this memebership but their way of placing the Avast misled me to buy that sily memebership.

Js

Comments

• Rk
      22nd of Feb, 2010
    Software-HQ.com - undisclosed fees
    software-hq.com
    California

first, after being fished from a search for p[articular software, i was guarenteed the software and a year of some kind of software updates for a particular price. i signed up, did NOT get my software but was signed up for the software updates at three times the price listed. in addition, when i promptly cancelled, i was charged a $5.99 processing fee that was also not listed before i signed up...

• Da
      10th of Jul, 2010
    Software-HQ.com - Avoid dealing with this ppl
    Software-HQ.Com
    San Antonio
    Texas
    Phone: 210-363-6659

i paid for three years subscription to Software-Hq. As a member to have access to the finest music software avaible, along the world class technical support.I was told i could be able to download today best internet software.

• Li
      9th of Aug, 2012
    Software-HQ.com - Avoid dealing with this ppl
    Software-HQ.com
    software-hq.com

This site came up as an override when attempting to download "Quicktime". I have subsequently read where it pops up when attempting downloads from a number of legitimate sites. They offer a download service that asks for credit card info and then does not download your request and you cannot access the website as posted on their thank you email. The bank will not reverse the credit card transaction thank you what can I do from here?