Software-HQ / false Advertisment

Hamden, CT, United States Review updated:
4.3
I did an internet search for Adobe reader for me to install. Because they use Adobe in their sub-internet address I was under the impression that it was a one time fee from Adobe. It turns out that it was not!
I called the following Monday to discuss the misunderstanding; I was greeted by an uninterested, rude and incompetent individual who refused to listen to my reasoning and refused to let me speak to her manger. She would not discuss what services I had been charged for nor would she comment on if I would be re-billed (Next year and there after)
She completed the phone-call by hanging up on me. I subsequently emailed the customer service department asking if they condone such poor customer service. They followed up by providing further incorrect information.
See attached response:

Dear Customer,

We reviewed your call and it was not just as you had explained it. First, the representative did express to you what the charge was for, your email stated she didn't. Secondly, she repeatedly told you that you'd need to contact support online for any questions you had regarding your purchase. We apologize if you had an issue, but your account does not include phone support.

As stated on our website, membership fees are non-refundable. You are able to access the benefits available through your membership for the length of the service you selected. Once your membership expires, the service will discontinue. You will not be re-billed. To view our complete refund policy, visit our site at https://www.xtremetransactions.com/refund.html

Thanks,
Software-HQ Support
Ju

Comments

Jo
  18th of Nov, 2008
Software-HQ seeks to sell trial copies of sofware that you can get for free from the manuafacturer.

They charge a hefty price for this service, and you won't even know you've been charged.

I found the site by gooling Corel Paint Shop.

Thoudht I was ordereing Paint Shop, but instead got a free tiral which I could have gotten at Corel for free; - a 3 year membership in Software, -HQ for $37.85 which apparently buys 3 extra years of a chance to spend money withe them; t; $17.88 for a download accelerator, whatever that is; and download protection for $14.97.00

These charges were never shown on the screen and the only way I got this itemization is by requesting for software-hq.net.

Am working on a class action lawsuit in Federal Court against this entty and possible RICO litigation. Need the actual name of the company, and its saddress.

Any such information would be appreciated.
Ba
  24th of Sep, 2009
I have also been scammed by Software-HQ. I see that this was posted almost a year ago. Can you give an update of what followed? Did you file a lawsuit?