Social Tool KitCredit Card Fraud

1 Review updated:

Seeing an ad on a google site on "How to make money on the internet" being offered by Social Tool kit, I thought I would sign up for their 3 week trial offer. Seemed simple enough. Have a look at the product, if I didnt like it I could simply cancel it.
After only 12 days I decided I was not interested in their product.
I attempted to call their [protected] number to cancel my membership.
There was only an answering service. I left detailed message that I was not interested in their product and that I wanted my membership cancelled and that I was well within my 3 weeks to cancel. No one ever returned my call.
I tried several more times leaving the same type of message about cancelling my membership. Still no reply.
I also attempted to e-mail their [protected]@socialtoolkit.com email address.
I only received an automated reply indicating a staff member would review my email and contact me.
No one ever contacted me.
I finally called my credit card company to find out if they have billed my credit card. They have billed my card.
I also found out that at least 5 or 6 other companies have started billing my card as well. So obviously Social Tool Kit is part of a much larger organization which has shared my information and these other companies are now fraudulently billing my card as well.
I have informed my credit card company to cancel the card and I have filled a complaint against Social Tool Kit with the fraud division of the credit card company.
I will also be following up this complaint with the Canadian RCMP police.

More Social Tool Kit Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• 4t
      Aug 13, 2009

Had the same experience with them. They only responded when the specter of a PayPal dispute and registering a complaint with the BBB was raised. Phone messages - left several, as Randy did - went nowhere, just as he described. So I emailed the link on the front of their website.

So far, they have only cancelled the membership, not refunded the unauthorized fees.

In my case, I reviewed not this program but something called Google Money Master. The pitch was that I could review GMM for 21 days, but it turned out to be 6 days before they charged me... and it wasn't GMM who charged me, but another name entirely!

GMM, I discovered through unauthorized, fraudulent charges, had 3 subsidiary programs -- none of them actually named Google Money Master.

The groups I have had to contact to cancel unauthorized membership fees are: Google Revolution, Product Resource Club and Social Toolkit.

Only Social Toolkit has the same company name as the product -- the others do not, so it takes a bit of sleuthing to find them. Check your credit card or PayPal statement for the phone number. In two of three cases, I wound up speaking with an overseas call center that had clearly dealt with my kind of call before. Firmness about the cancellation was how I got the charge reversed. The first two picked up the phone; Social Toolkit managed to squeeze out two charges by ignoring repeated phone messages.

The behavior of marketers signing people up to expensive monthly continuity programs after a very brief review period (6 days is NOT 21 days, friends), not letting them know that there is a decision to be made and hoping that they'll "overlook" the charges for a few months, and then making it hideously difficult to opt out is really disingenuous in the extreme.

~ DL

• Wh
      Aug 24, 2009

I just found a similar charge on my atm account, as an out-of-work person this is a problem! I will not tolerate this!

• Cs
      Aug 28, 2009

My experience was identical to Randy's listed above. I am a struggling single Mom who just wanted to suppliment my income. I immediately realized that this social tool kit was not for me and tried to call and cancel it. I received a voice message. I contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute to the charge and discovered several other companies (SBA Track Online, Kind remind Pro) were also charging my card including small foreign transaction charges. This occured last month and then I received this months statement and there is another charge from social tool kit. Now I have to contact my credit card company again to not only file a dispute but change my credit card number so there are no reoccuring charges. This is unbelievable to me. How can they share credit card information? I am scared to order anything using my credit anymore. I will take Randy's advise and file a claim with the fraud division and anywhere else I can. Hopefully, we will prevent this from happening to anyone else. Cindy

• St
      Nov 10, 2009
    Social Tool Kit - unauthorized charges / refusal to reverse charges
    P.O. Box 5962
    Peoria
    Illinois
    Phone: [protected]

Unauthorized charges. No audio available as proof. Refusal to reverse charges. Rude, insulting and unprofessional employees. Refusal to provide information in order to lodge a complaint. I had 28 unauthorized charges to my bank acount from from fraud activity. I filed a police report, signed an affidavit with my bank and closed the account. The company employee accused me of lying, stating that she had no intentions of issuing a credit and that she is sure that I did indeed authorize this and simply don't want to pay my bill. I am seething at that intimation and am prepared to do whatever it takes to see that employee disciplined or terminated, after making a formal apology to me. I will not tolerate false accusations and assaults on my integrity. This is beyond my comprehension that a company can do business like this and be successful. I supposed I'm not surprised to find entire websites dedicated to complaints about this company. I intend to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Illinois Attorney General's Office and the Google Corporation requesting that this company be investigated, forced to implement policy changes, be assessed fines or penalties, be dropped from Google's data and ultimately shut down. I am drafting a letter of complaint to the CEO of the company with copies to the above listed agencies. It is obvious that this company reguarly uses deceptive business practices and has no interest in doing business legitimately. The agents that need to be reprimanded individually are Melissa in Customer Service...and I use that phrase very loosly (she refused to give me her last name or employee number) and her supervisor, Chris, (employee #807).

• Ju
      Nov 21, 2009
    Social Tool Kit - Un authorized charge
    Social Tool Kit

Like others I found a $44.95 charge on my credit card account.I had canceled the account in time and got confirmation by Email that it had been canceled.My original deal was with The Internet Profit House and I never made a deal with Social Tool Kit. I also did not authorize to have my credit card used by any other company then the one I contracted with and had a cancellation clause.I know it was my stupidity to do this but since I have found that all these outfits are scams and for a long time but don't understand why the authorities have done nothing.There are plenty of reports against them but no action.

• Do
      Dec 07, 2009

i did, nt authorized or sumit

• Bu
      Dec 12, 2009

I wish you the best of luck with this social toolkit. I tried to get one month's charges off my credit card--the company sent my credit card company lots of paperwork so they put the charges back on. I will never order online again. Had same thing happen with some click sell go which I never ordered.

• Bu
      Dec 12, 2009

Never answer your phone for anyone saying they are from a Grant either.

• We
      Mar 13, 2010
    Social Tool Kit - Fraud, scare tactics
    775 West 1200 North, Suite 200A
    Springville
    Utah
    Phone: [protected]
    socialtoolkit.com

I had problems with this company when I signed up for a $2 cd on how to make money on ebay. I received the cd, I also cancelled within 14 days like the trial stated. I had a confirmation number but still got charged by two different companies. I called again and asked them to reversed the charges on my credit card after arguing with them. I was told the charges would be reversed and again was given a confirmation number. After all that, they were still charging me. I called the disputes department at my credit card company and told them what happened. I had to send my cc company a letter with all the info. They did get some of the charges reversed for me. Now, after I thought everything was taken care of I get a phone call today from a collection agency on Social tool kits behalf. They are telling me that I owe them over $300 dollars since I signed up last July but if I take care of it today I can clear it up for a small payment of $79. I am pissed! I called my credit card company and had them put a block on my cc. Social Tool Kits hasn't tried to charge my cc, so I'm guessing that it's a scare tactic that they are using to try to get more money from me. Since my cc company got involved I'm guessing that they can't actually charge my card. I hope! My intention is to have my cc number changed on Monday. There's no way I'm letting anyone charge me for something that was taken care of months ago.

• Ra
      Mar 16, 2010

Wendy, I had to exact same experince with this company. When I first signed up it was looking into getting a grant for school. That was back in July 2017. Last week I got a call from a collection agency stating I owe the 300 dollars for not paying the monthly bill all of last year. This is the first time they EVER contacted me. I have no bills that was ever sent to me OR a CD of software. The one GOOD thing that I did do I have a temporary Visa credit card i paid the $2 with. It saved me a WHOLE lot of trouble or I would have been in your same boat.

• Ra
      Mar 16, 2010

I totally agree with you.

Apr 03, 2010

I've done a lot research into this company... http://www.elementgeek.com/2017/03/25/socialtoolkit-com-is-a-scam/

Apr 03, 2010

Apr 05, 2010

Same here... but I got my money back finally! http://www.elementgeek.com/2017/03/25/socialtoolkit-com-is-a-scam/