Snuggies Blanket / Unauthorized charges

1 PO Box 3179Wallingford, CT, United States Review updated:

I saw the ad on television for the Snuggies wraps and thought they would be ideal for sitting around the house. When I called in to order them, I was taken through several processes; kind of a bait & switch. By the time they got done adding who knows how many charges, these 2 blankets wound up costing me over $45. No invoice accompanied the blankets and the customer service number listed would not go through.

Li

Comments

• La
      24th of Dec, 2008

If you had waited a few weeks - you would have found them in stores at half the TV price. Yes HALF the price - Why - because they are not giving you anything for free as they claim - they charged you for it.

One rule of thumb with anything you see advertised - they sell ad time to anyone willing to pay for it - NO ONE CHECKS FOR LEGITIMACY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES!

So it is up to you the consumer to check it out yourself

26th of Dec, 2008

I also purchased the snuggie blanket wrap and by the time I was done ordering my order went from two blankets to six blankets and a charge of $145.00 I could not go back to change my order and could not refuse the package as it was just left at my door. There was no packing slip/invoice or return information. Every number I called gave me a "how to order". I would definitely stay away from this company - they are not worthwhile.

4th of Jan, 2009

i WAS WONDERING WHY MY CREDIT CARD HAS NOW BEEN CHARGED FOR THE SNUGGIES SET (3) i ORDERED 4 WEEKS AGO...THEY ARE XMAS GIFTS AND i HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THEIR ARRIVIAL ... BUT EVERYDAY I CHECK MY CARD ACCOUNT TO SEE IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADDED AND NOTHING CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL ON THIS ISSUE

• Th
      5th of Jan, 2009

I ordered six sets of the blankets many weeks ago and did not received them in time for Christmas. I paid $89.50 postage and handling when I purchase the items but when the items arrived today there was a COD charge of $50.76 cents. There is no way to contact snuggies personnel in person and they do not reply to emails. What I thought was a good deal is now overpriced prodcuts and very poor customer service.

7th of Jan, 2009

getsnuggie.com = SCAM. These guys are Scammers. I can't find any contact info (email or phone number) to cancel my order. All their systems are automated so that you cannot cancel before they charge or ship your order.

They never showed what was being ordered until order is already placed. There is no screen to confirm the order. As soon as you put in the shopping cart, the order is placed!!!

STAY AWAY!!!

28th of Jan, 2009

My blankets were delivered nearly one month after the order was placed, but I still have not received the two book lights that were advertised as included with the order. As others have noted, there is no contact information by which you can work with a human being, and the online bait-and-switch routine took nearly fifteen minutes before they informed you that your order would be delivered in four to six weeks -- long after the Christmas for which I was ordering it.

• Aj
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Yes, I got ripped off tooooooooooooooooo. Price was for $14.99 and ended up paying $91.00. total ripoff

• Cy
      4th of Feb, 2009

Thank you all for your comments. I was watching the Today show, and I was going to order the snuggies. Thank God for your comments. I'm not going to order them now.

Thanks
    Cyndi

• Ju
      5th of Feb, 2009

Well, we refused shipment as our credit card company wouldn't let the order go thru Jan 2, 2009 when we discovered how much they were charging in shipping charges. Then they recharged on Jan 21. The shipment came. The guy was very snotty to me on the phone but we did get our whole refund. What you have to do is call UPS to get the blankets picked up in the original packaging and put refused on it and then contact your credit card companies. And dispute the charge and provide the tracking number to show proof it was returned. But watch out. The day after we got our credit card refunded our Paypal account got hacked into. Co-incidince or not???? Your tracking number on the box will be the same tracking numb er showing it went back.

• Fr
      25th of Feb, 2009

This response is exactly the same situation that has happened to my mother-in-law who is in her late 70s. I have been trying to get through to these folks without success. This is shameful to take advantage of a customer like this. They automatically sent a second set to our home whichwas to be a gift for my daughter and I, which now we have four and only one set was originally ordered and my mother-in-law has now been charged $35.00 for the first set and $45.00 the for second set. I cannot get through to a live person. The following complaint is exactly what happened to us, no receipt nothing. Does any one have any suggestions as to how we can get a refund and send these back. Thanks frantad322@yahoo.com

• Ca
      23rd of Nov, 2009

i DID NOT ORDER 2 SETS OF BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. I NOW HAVE 8 SNUGGIES WHICH THEY GLEANED MY CREDIT CARD FOR. CANNOT GET A PHONE NUMBER FOR THEM, CANNOT SEND THEM BACK BECAUSE THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY "NO" SHIOOING PAPERWORK OR RECEIPT WITH THE GOODS. I NOW HAVE 8SNUGGIES, NO ONE TO GIVE THEM TO BUT THE HOMELESS (WHICH IS FINE WITH ME, AND MY HUSBAND IS VERY ANGRY AT ME FOR ORDERING WITH THE "SNUGGIE COMPANY" WHO CHARGED ALL BUT $4 OUT OF OUR CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT. THEY WENT FOR IT ALL.
    IS THERE NO FEDERAL ENTITY THAT CAN PROSECUTE THE COMPANY FOR FRAUD?

• Jg
      29th of Apr, 2010
    Snuggies Blanket - one size does not fit all as advertised
    snuggies blankets
    Circleville
    Ohio

they advertise these snuggies blankets one size fits all. not true. my girlfriend weighs 200 lbs. and i weight 225 lbs. i bought 2 of these snuggie blankets and they didnt fit either one of us. we lost the receipt. so i cant take them back. i tryed to get a hold of the company with little succe
    success. so how do i get my money back.

jason grabill

• Tx
      29th of Apr, 2010

Just like anything that you buy off TV (usually a bad idea), keep calling and keep calling.

• Du
      29th of Apr, 2010

Well I'm around 230 or so, and my snuggie fits just fine. you're obviously just a sweaty fat ### that needs to drop some ###ing weight, then maybe your snuggie would fit. weight watchers works wonders mother###er.

• Tx
      29th of Apr, 2010

### Irish, this is what I mean.

200 lbs isn't ###.