Snuggie / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:

This appears to be a total scam - after placing my order; instead of charging me for 1 snuggie and getting the second for just shipping and handling, they charged me for 2 snuggies and $47.70 in shipping and handling!! After trying to contact the Customer Service department numerous times, I realized there is no Customer Service department linked to the telephone number provided on the web site.
Ca

Comments

Co
  5th of Jan, 2009
After viewing the Snuggie adds on TV I went online to order expecting the advertised buy one get one free. I actually anticipated ordering six snuggies. The website presented the buy one get one free info, and I submitted the order for two of a particular color at $19.95 for the first one expecting the second to be free. When I submitted my credit card information, the site immediately responded with order received and that the total charge was over $90...$29.95 for each of the two snuggies and $31.80 for shipping. The customer support number just rings busy.

Avoid this site like the plague. I will of course be canceling the charges on my credit card and just hoping that the cc information is secure.
Vi
  14th of Jan, 2009
I ordered two Snuggies as per the advertised sale which was: Buy one Snuggie with free book light for $19.95 plus $7, 95 p&h and receive second snuggie w/ free light for $7.95 p&h. I received three Snuggies and when I received my credit card statement on 1/3/09 I was billed $132.55 wit a tel # 800-566-2888 NY. I am now contacting my credit card company for a resolution.
Jo
  16th of Jan, 2009
Information that I have located.

Scott Boilen, CEO and president of Allstar Products Group, the company that makes the sleeved fleece. From a lookup on the trademark term "Snuggie".

Allstar Marketing Group, LLC LTD LIAB CO NEW YORK 4 Skyline Drive Hawthorne NEW YORK 10532

Contact info at http://www.allstarmg.com/contact.html or 914.347.7827

Hope that the above helps everyone. Spread the word if others need help.
Jb
  22nd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Snuggie is scamming people and they need to be stopped. I got a bank notice of my account being deducted $70.40 and called the bank. I did not authorize or order from snuggie yet they charged my account fraudulantly. My bank reversed the charges a month ago. Then after I filed the fraud case against snuggie through my bank, I receive a box with 4 snuggies with no return slip, address for them, or even a number to contact them. I tried calling the number on t.v. and internet and it is all automated and can't reach anyone on this matter. This company should be shut down! I warn anyone who has unauthorized charges to file a fraud report with their bank or credit card company! If snuggie wants their merchandise back, then they should put up a printable return address label with free shipping on their web site. I did not order the snuggies nor do I want to keep the merchandise I received from this fraudulant company. The Snuggie company needs to respond to comsumer complaints. On their add they even say 30 day money back guarantee. However, they do not send with their snuggies any return slips or information on how to send merchandise back or a number to contact someone from their company on complaints of unauthorized charges, dissatisified with product, or any other consumer complaints or questions. Consumer affairs needs to warn consumers against this company and fine them for their illegal practices.
Ke
  10th of Feb, 2009
My credit card was used to charge 198.+ for Lulu Press Inc. I used the 800 number to place the order. Had to stop my debit card. The 800 number is not secure. I could not contact a person at either Company.