Snow Guys Enterprises / Bad service

Snow Guys Enterprises
33006 Seven Mile Rd. #201
Please warn people not to use this business. We paid for snow plow services and they did not come as promised. I called to complain and was threatened with a lawsuit and verbally assaulted. I did a Google search and found out they have over 35 unanswered customer complaints through the Better Business Bureau. They have also been written as one of the Top WORST companies in Michigan on Angies List publications.

A  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It is obvious that the person who bothered to respond to the above complaint is the owner of the "business." Don't worry, you are not an idiot, the owner of "The Snow Guys" uses insults, threats, and abuse to communicate with others. He cannot communicate like a professional because he is not one.

I did my research before I signed his "contract." There were no negative comments on the internet at that time. You would have had no idea of what his idea of "doing business" entails.

"What goes around, comes around."
N  5th of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i was a snow contracter hired to work for them and still have not bin paid by them for last season and when they did finally write me a check...turns out it wasnt worth the paper it was wrote on
N  21st of Feb, 2011 by
Worst snow service removal I ever had. Not only they show up two days late but when they do show they srew up your lawn by plowing 10 feet beyond their own orange markers. They are not availoable to answer phone calls shielding themselves behind a recorded message stating that " Removal will take three times longer than usual".
A  25th of Feb, 2011 by
OMG!! If I would have read all these reviews I never would have signed up with them!1 Both my fiancee and I have their service- and they have yet to get either one of our driveways correct this year! We both paid extra to have our walkways plowed- I have had to call every time! These past few days I have not been able to reach them by phone or email and my walkways have yet to be done. In Birmingham it is the law and I know I will be getting a ticket- which I will forward to the snowguys along with my contract!!! It is the WORST customer service as well as service itself!!! DO NOT USE THESE GUYS- THEY WILL LIE TO YOU AND TELL YOU THAT THEY HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE- BUT THEY DON'T!!! I hope they go out of business since they don't care about their customer- I just watched the channel 4 piece and I am glad that people are being warned!! We gave them not one, not two- but about 8 times to get it right- and each time they failed!!!
A  26th of Feb, 2011 by
Really wish I had found these reviews prior to signing the contract. They don't show up, then they turn off their phones and you're only able to communicate through email, which is fine, except they don't respond for 48 hours. The woman on the phone lies and when confronted tells you how long she's been in the business and how many people complain about ridiculous things. Don't EVER sign up with this company.
A  27th of Feb, 2011 by
also a resident of birmingham, of all the storms we had this year, they came over night twice and the rest of the times either they came in after 48 hrs or sometimes 72 hours and 3 times they did not show up at all. I cannot even count how many times I contacted them about the issues, either their lines are busy most of times or they never follow up on voice mails. Many residents that signed with them in my neighborhood has similar complaints. Unreliable and unprofessional company.
A  28th of Feb, 2011 by
Had similar experiences to the ones posted above, except that they never responded to my numerous calls and emails. Do Not employee these people for either snow or lawn service. They are a broker and hire others to do their work. They never stakes my driveway, so even when they did come they did not ploy the entire drive. And whoever did the removal, left much for me to "fix." I tried to cancel on 3 occasions, never heard from them. Just the other day I received a contract in the mail for lawn service. I'm about ready to send them another email. They must think we would sign another no service contract.
It's time to report them to the BBB.
N  6th of Mar, 2011 by
My complaint mirrors all of the others. This is the first winter I contracted this snow removal company to clear my driveway in Birmingham. They have been nothing but a disappointment. They show up 24 to 36 hours after the snow fall has stopped and when they do plow, they invariably leave a good deal of snow for me to clear myself. They can't seem to figure out where the driveway starts and the grass ends. They have ignored my emails and are never available by phone. I used them because they're price was competitive... it wasn't worth the savings.
N  6th of Mar, 2011 by
I am so frustrated of this company lies and disrespectful resposnse. Hey guys, since a lot of people have the same complains, why do'nt we file a law suit as a group (all of us) against the owener of this company. Anybody has the effort or experience to do so!
my email: bq22@hotmail.com
A  7th of Mar, 2011 by
This is my first season trying this company out and I agree with above comments. They refused to plow on Friday (3/4/11) claiming that not enough snow fell in Rochester Hills though the Oakland Press reported 2.5 inches - a half inch above their 2 inch threshold to come out. I was told today that (conveniently) ALL their trucks are in for maintenance and I can forget about getting my driveway plowed today (3/7/11) - STILL covered in snow. They usually come out 48-72 hours after snow has ceased coming down and they are full of excuses the rare times you do get a hold of someone by phone to complain. They also try to cheat customers fudging how many times they have plowed your driveway in a season to claim that the customer has hit their 9 visit limit in the season..they've maybe been out 6-7 times and apparently they're done working!!! Don't employ this company if possible, they are the WORST!! They are obviously trying to get paid without doing the work they promise to in the contract.
A  15th of Mar, 2011 by
I just received a bill for 4 service calls over the contracted 10 calls. They state they came multiple times on 5 different dates. The only time they came was in the middle of the night, 2 or 3 in the morning. I was home all day most of the days they state they came multiple times and I never saw them only heard them in the middle of the night. I just got through on the phone and was told it is not the number of times they come out but the degree of difficulty to remove the snow. So 5 minutes to remove snow counts as a triple visit. When I told her that I didn't understand why I was charged for a triple visit for a 5 minute visit, she told me I was rude and hung up on me. I never raised my voice until she told me I was rude and then I certainly did get rude w/ her. Do NOT use this company!!!
A  16th of Mar, 2011 by
They advertise early morning service but generally show up late afternoon or evening. I got billed for 14 calls although they showed up only 6 or 7 times. 3 of the times I had already shoveled it myself since they come so late in the day. So during the second heavy snow I shoveled it myself and was still billed for 3 trips. $99 is too good to be true. Probably useless to call.
N  23rd of Mar, 2011 by
Did anybody get out of extra bills? Is anyone going to court over there terrable service? For those who contacted the Better Business Bureau, what did they say?

My experience is similar. We should get together.
N  13th of Apr, 2011 by
I just wanted to write that we had the same exact experience. We just received a bill for an additional $105.00 after they hardly ever came to our house to remove the snow. They claim they came 3 times in one day when they didn't even show up once on that day. All of your above comments depict exactly what we went through this winter. They are a terrible Company who give terrible service and even worse they fabricate bills and lie. No matter how good they sound I would NEVER recommend using the Snow Guys. Not only that but when I would call to complain about the service no one would return my phone calls and rarely would they show up to plow my driveway. They did however return my phone call about the bill and the woman I spoke to would not give me her name nor the owner's name. She yelled at me and then hung up the phone on me. What kind of customer service is that???
N  22nd of Apr, 2011 by
Hey, they are the cheapest! Only $100/season to plow your driveway. I'd fire that expensive service you have now. They are just ripping you off. Besides, if it didn't snow last winter you would have got yourself a bargain!
A  25th of Apr, 2011 by
Thes guys are the worst in the world. Stupid lady Donna in front desk, does not have manners how to talk to customers. I hope somebody will shut their doors, I think we all should do it by educating our working citizens about their scam.
A  26th of Apr, 2011 by
Take there snow blades shove-up in their ###. I hate them, worst people in the world and their service forget it. They are not snow guys they are SCAM GUYS
A  30th of Apr, 2011 by
BE CAREFUL of these people. Their business practices are not right to the consumer. They operate through a post office box and their phone number is voicemail. The only way they want to hear from their customers is through email so that they can ignore you. Several phone calls and days after a storm you MIGHT get a reply if they are so inclined.

Their billing practices are questionable. They will offer you a number of service calls for the season at a package rate and then at their own discretion claim that if it is a stronger storm, while they only make one call to your home, (as much as a day after the storm is over) will count it as more than one service call. But you won't realize it until they make some wildly arbitrary decision and send you an end of season bill conveniently claiming that you underpaid by their view.

They've even been seen on local tv shows for problems with the way they conduct business.

Be careful! Have an attorney read their contract before you sign it. and MAKE CHANGES! In fact, do yourself a favor...save yourself the grief and go elsewhere. It's not worth it.
A  23rd of May, 2011 by
I cancelled for lawn service on April 20th and still don't have my refund. The lady that answers the phone is the rudest person I have ever spoken with in my life. I did file complaints with the Better Business Bureau as well as the States Attorney Generals Office. They have to be stopped.
N  8th of Jul, 2011 by
this is beyond the worst company i have ever delt with-ONE EXCUSE AFTER ANOTHER-i cut my own lawn 7 times-i will file a complaint with the BBB- these people just don't care all they want is your money for services they do not perform!