Snelling Staffing Services Summit / Bad service

1 4 Chatham RoadSummit, NJ, United States Review updated:

I have been registered with this company for a few months now, and on occasion would go on their web site to look for job opportunities. One day a friend of mine contact me to inform me that the recruiter assigned to us left the company. I called to confirm and found it was true and was told that a new recruiter will call and introduce themselves. No one called. I felt ok about that. Things can happen.

Today I called because I saw another position on the web site and found that I again have to come into the office for another face to face interview. WHY???

They have my resume and my application. I dont understand why I have to waste gas to come into the office for another face to face for a company that I am already registered and have all of my information.

The Office also will not forward my information to the job I was interested in until I come to that face to face. I agreed to come in but now I am having second thoughts.

With the gas prices going up. I need to really save my gas money for an interview not for this face to face.

Va

Comments

• W8
      3rd of May, 2011

These employment agencies must have a quota to meet about the # of people they have a "face-to-face" with or something. I run into this ALL the time and then NEVER hear from them. Good news though...if I would win a lottery or something so unlikely they should be ready for a discrimation suit because this is the normal result and I have been listed with over 15 agencies and never hear from them. What a waste of time doing the face-to-face with them since they NEVER contact you after...

• Pa
      7th of Jun, 2013

Snelling in Summit in a scam oriented, awfully run chop shop- do NOT apply there- the owners are 'know-nothing' leaches looking to scam $0.12 an hour to be able to pay for their overhead. The place is an absolute joke.

• Na
      25th of Oct, 2013

Dear Valerie, I used to work for this company ten years ago, and can only say, that it is not typical that when a recruiter leaves that your resume/computer file is passed onto the next recruiter. Their software system is top notch and does a lot of great matches candidates to clients visa versa. I can tell you from past experience and as a former Recruiter for more than 18 years, that another's person's impressions, comment can help a new person, as every person is unique and there's no two people who are made equal, with that being said, I have to meet each person face to face to put a face to a resume, as it is to your benefit. Personal contact is extremely important in the placement field, as the Employer pays a recruitment service to do all the screening prior to, and its impossible to work with a person who you have not personally met and put a face/image to database/resume. I maybe repeating myself.. However, before I would take long trip, I would ask them, if your skills / resume match a particular a job posting, and also ask what the likelihood of them (your new recruiter) in assisting you.. I have done thousands of placements, temporary, temp to hire and permanent placement and I believe strongly that honesty is the best policy, and if I didn't feel I could help you, I would tell you and explain why and coach the candidate on how to search on their own and what they maybe lacking. Now, not everyone likes to be so direct, but if you are not working, I would strongly advise you meet the temporary division. I'm confident anyone working in that department can give you the guidance, and or help you may need. Alot of the candidates that our team met, I would say at least 35% or 40% ended up finding a permanent job either in that company or from networking on their own once placed into another company via connections...
    The temporary staffing managers are trained very well as well as the permanent side of the business, I used to work more in the temporary division, so I know the staff in that dept are top notch, not to say your new recruiter isn't just as great, but I know it is a lot easier on a company to try before they buy.. Its human instinct.. I hope this helps, I would give them a call, and if you didn't meet with the temporary division ask to see both departments that day, but again, ask them to look at your resume and database profile to see if you match anything currently and or if they can help you at all...
    Naomi