SnappyMusic.com / Fraud and scam!

United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-807-8277

Beware of SnappyMusic.com... I joined on 03/21/08. I'm not sure what "service" they provide. The software that you get to download is Limewire (which is free to begin with). I could not connect and tried to contact them. Their website states they have 24/7 support.

1. Their 800 number is bogus... either no answer at all or a fast busy signal.
2. Their "live chat" is always off-line.
3. The only way to contact them is via a "help ticket", but even that is "iffy". I asked to be contacted via email or given a phone number to talk to a "human" and only got responses via the ticket.

I wrote in my ticket to cancel the next day and was told I could not get a refund. I have since contacted my credit card company and they are now handling the dispute. By the way, the phone number they gave to the credit card company is also bogus.
Kr

Comments

La
  8th of May, 2008
I, too, fell for this. Hours later, after trying to use the program, I Googled SnappyMusic and saw that it is a scam. I checked my banking account (used debit card). The charge hadn't posted yet. Called the bank--the charge was on hold. The $1.99 I expected was $47.76--12 x $1.99 x 2 years. Even though the charge was "on hold, " the only thing I can do is cancel my card and go in and fill out a dispute form. Yeah, right! We know how that's going to go! Don't understand why, if the charge is on hold and the payment hasn't actually been paid, why the bank can't cancel the payment. It is a check card. You can stop a check! I was informed the debit card is intended to be used "at point of sale." Don't know about you, but I got a debit card for convenience and not having to have a credit card! Banks! So, I'm upset with myself, SnappyMusic, and the bank!!! This was my first experience with fraud. Live and learn!!
Pt
  4th of Jul, 2008
Absolutely!
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!! I signed up for this service thinking that I'd be billed 2$ per month for 2 years for unlimited downloads. Then they took 40$+ from my account costing me at least 4 overdraft charges at 35$ a crack. COULD NOT reach them for help or refund, like you stated AND I cannot do ANYTHING with the software they provided!!! THIS IS A SCAM!! SHAME ON THEM!!! STAY AWAY!!!
Ba
  14th of Jul, 2008
I'm so mad at myself!
I didn't notice that the charge for service is NOT per month--but taken from my account at one time. And...I didn’t see this post...until after a signed up.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER I signed-up with snappymusic--I had a question -- so I attempted to use their 'contact us page'---When I did that---McAfee flashed THREE SEPARATE TIMES saying it disposed of a "TROJAN VIRUS" ...

Because the virus was in check--I did send two E-mails; I let them know about the virus---and that I didn't want the service. I don't want using a company that gives a virus at attempting contact.
This was all completed within 20 minutes of sign-up.

NO-ONE HAS RESPONDED to my E-mails. Online service has not responded the three times I tried--and I could not reach anyone by phone! If they would at least respond and address the virus!!! Beware!
St
  21st of Jul, 2008
Whew!!! I found this page by accident. I wasnt sure about how the service worked but wanted a way to downlaod some music. I dont have a problem with paying. So many times I have bought a whole CD for $20 and all I got for my money was 1 song that was worth a crap out of the whole thing. I tried to call the Phone number several times to ask questions like are these original artist or just some bands playing other peoples songs like what I have seen in the small print of other's sites. I never got an answer on the phone, and through the CS online support, there was only help through some ticket thing. I was going to buy a 1 year subscription when I found this page. I cant believe I was so close to being jipped again.
Ch
  11th of Aug, 2008
I to was scamed by Snappymusic. I joined and picked the service I wanted and at the end of check-out They had upgraded me to the most expenisive option. I immediately canceled my subcription. They still charged my card. I contacted my bank and had the charges removed. Now, a month later The charges are back. My bank said they had the right. They claim I never contacted them and that when I joined it said if you cancel you don't get a refund. Well I never saw that. But They won. They keep my money. They scamed me good. The phone number they have is nogood.
Ca
  20th of Sep, 2008
I do not know what this is or how it got on my credet card, but on the 8/20th you debated my account for $47.76.what ever this is I do not want it.I tried to call, but got a recording.I do want this canceled now!!!I would like very much to get my $47.76 back.I do not know what this is or what you do...
Caroline Ray...
Th
  28th of Sep, 2008
I too was scammed, I learned of snappy music from some bogus music download review site that said, "Snappy Music is the best" following a five star rating. So I purchased a Lifetime membership for I think $49.99 which they immediately received, then the software I downloaded is full of bugs, totally immense CPU usage after 5 or 10 minutes of running the program, it will crash your system eventually, even a P4 2.53 w/2Gig of ram, locks up after 10 minutes and I complained on the ticket B.S and they responded with some bull crap about updating java when it was already the most current platform. Then when you go to adjust the options I think on the I-tunes part or port forwarding you get a warning stating that "This is Frostwire which is free, Don't pay for it, go to www.frostwire.com". That is when I really knew I was totally scammed, Ya live and learn huh!!!
Te
  30th of Sep, 2008
The same thing happened to me. With the billing all at once, refusing to refund the money, no actual music, just spyware...the banks seems to be in on it with them as they won't do a damn thing about it. It's so frustrating to have to just take this crap.
Ju
  3rd of Aug, 2009
I agree! This site is a big rip off. I could not get the software to load for downloads and when I asked for a refund, I was refused. Don't get caught in this scam. It cost me $71.00.