SnappyMags.com / Fraud, beware of this company!

I purchased $284.00 worth of magazines from snappymags.com on 1/5/2007, it is now April 10th 2007 and I have NOT received one magazine.. I had to contact them to get an update on my order and they claim the magazines, People, InTouch, Genre, Us Weekly, National Enquirer are no longer being offered. These are national magazines and obviously are still in print..

I made this purchase using google checkout so as far as I'm concerned Google should have checked to ensure SnappyMags.com was dealing honestly. Because Google's name was attached, I trusted this company. SnappyMags.com used 284.00 of my money for over 3 months and I received nothing. My money has been stolen... BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

Comments

• To
      26th of Apr, 2007

Could someone tell me how to contact the fine folks at 1/2 priced mags or snappy mags so that I can at least ask them where my order is so they can lie to me? I ordered on 10/10/06 and have not seen anything yet. Obviously, I got hosed also, but I'd like to at least get a chance to complain. Please e-mail contact info to thomashawk@aol.com. Thanks

• Je
      21st of Aug, 2007

Thank you for posting here to let others know you've had problems. I found this site after finding 1/2 priced mags website & wanting to order. Luckily, I decided to research them first. Not buying squat from them now.

You can do several things:

- Let Google checkout to let them know you've been stiffed.
    - If you paid via credit card through Google or Paypal, let your main credit card company know.
    - Contact the Better Business Bureau in the state that the company is located in (they should have a website you can easily post the complaint through).

Each of those companies needs to be aware anytime there is a problem with a company, so they can do something, if need be. Also, you would be doing a kindness to others, who might research before purchasing, and learn there are problems, too.

I did a "whois" search on 1/2 price mags domain name, via http://www.netsol.com. Here is the info & phone numbers for them that came up:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: HALFPRICEDMAGS.COM

halfpricedmags
    41 W 72nd street, 10g
    New York, New York 10023
    6465938458 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

• Je
      21st of Aug, 2007

Here's another webpage where someone has a complaint about their experience with 1/2 Priced Mags: http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=13142 That page also gives webpage links to some places you can complain to.

It's good that people can be aware when a company can't do their job properly and harm customers in the process. It's unacceptable to not receive magazines 6 months after payment.