Snappy Mags / Items not received from Snappy Mags!

I placed an internet order for 7 magazine subscriptions March 10, 2007. No items have been received, although my credit card was billed $54.00.

Comments

• Pa
      17th of May, 2007

I also placed an order in January and never received it though my credit card was billed. Their customer service is a joke... They put you into some sort of circular hell where you never get anywhere on their website. They don't recognize your log-in or zip code. It's maddening. I give up. But beware this company. They don't mind ripping you off and there's no way to call them or email them.

• Dl
      21st of May, 2007

I have had the same problem. Google-Checkout cannot even get them to respond. They recommended that I do a charge back with credit card company. I placed my order on Feb 21 and have nothing but 47.00 less in my pocket.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

• Lo
      22nd of May, 2007

Wow. Wish I could have seen this before I ordered from them. I ordered 6 magazine subscriptions from them on February 16, and haven't heard anything since. It's accurate that they don't have any way of contacting them. The phone number for them on my bank statement is constantly "circuits busy," and their website won't ever let me log in, or takes me to dead-end pages.

They do business under:
    magsforless.com (Mags For Less)
    my1mag.com (My1 Mag)

Email Address: bbb@magsforless.com, support@my1mag.com

Additional Address:
    5014 Old Greensboro Rd.
    Randleman, NC 27317

PLEASE report them to these consumer agencies and any more you can think of! We have to shut theses ### down so they stop stealing from hardworking people, from families!

Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection:

Better Business Bureau:
    www.bbb.org

Internet Crime Complaint Center:

• Ba
      6th of Jun, 2007
    Snappy Mags - Never received magazines

I ordered two subscriptions from Snappy Mags in November 2006 and have never received them. I actually thought I was ordering from Half-Price Mags which I ordered from before. I received one response from Snappy Mags to an inquiry (after contacting Google) in February and they said I could still receive the magazines OR a refund. After I responded, I never heard back again. I contacted my bank about a refund, but of course too much time has passed.

• Ka
      28th of Jun, 2007
    Snappy Mags - Non-delivery of purchased goods

I placed an order on Dec. 7, 2006 for seven magazines. My credit card was charged$60.83 on the day of the order. I have not received any subscription. All efforts to contact them have been unsuccessful. A number of emails, to different sources, were unanswered. The phone is not answered. I believe this would be called fraud.

• Ro
      2nd of Jul, 2007
    Mags 411 - Bogus company

Ordered three magazines in March - they took their money from my credit card and I still have not received any of them, 4 months later. One of the 800 numbers doesn't work, another the mailbox is full (surprise!).

• Ka
      5th of Jul, 2007

I ordered 2 magazines in late Feb. '07 and still have not received a single issue. I contacted them in May and received an e-mail stating that my case would be assigned to a representative who would be contacting me. Of course, no representative ever contacted me.

• Pa
      18th of Jul, 2007

Yup, me too. I never got the rep email though. But did get 1 sub out of like 5 or 6 i ordered. They suck.

• Pr
      19th of Jul, 2007
    Mags 411 - Bogus company

My husband ordered some magazines from the above company under mags411.com in March 2007. Credit card was charged but still no magazines have arrived. The phone number listed on our credit card statement is now been disconnected and mags411.com is no such website. BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Ri
      6th of Nov, 2007
    SnappyMags / Half Price Magazines - Never received magazines

Ordered Consumer Reports and Readers Digest in March and April of 2007. The delivery startup "wait" time was to be 8 to 12 weeks. These were charged to my credit card by never received. I placed the order through Google Half Price Magazines only to discover that the real vendor was SnappyMags.

• Ha
      14th of Nov, 2007

It has been 4 months since I placed my order with Halfpricedmags.com. I was immediately charged, however have not seen a single issue of the 4 magazines I ordered. Do not do business with this company! There is no contact info for the company. If you have a complaint you have to setup another account and fill out a "ticket" which you will never receive a response to. This company is a Fraud!

• Ca
      28th of Nov, 2007

I also ordered 2 magazines in January 07. They charged my credit card on Jan 8 however I have yet to receive ANY of the issues I paid for. I have tried over 5 times to contact them via email and ticket process which is a bunch of bull. They say they will contact you back within 3 days and I still haven't heard a word! I'm filing a complaint for sure! It may only have been $8 but that was my $8 that I thought I was getting something in return for! They are theives in my opinion!

• Ta
      5th of Dec, 2007

I too ordered from Snappy Mags in October/06. My order was for $101.56 and I have never received any on the magazines that I ordered. They have a great stall tactic. You wait for the 4-12 weeks that they say it takes to process the order. You don't receive anything so you contact Snappy Mags. It takes a while for them to reply and by that time it is too late for you to do anything. Your credit card company gives you 3 months to challenge a charge but by the time that you realize that you have been scammed Snappy Mags have your money. They suck!!!! Don't order from them or any of their affiliates. BEWARE!!!!

• Je
      23rd of Dec, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. He is operating several SCAM magazine subscription services.

Please consider filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office online at:

It only takes about 10 minutes. You will need the following information when making the complaint:

Joel Simkhai
    41 W 72nd Street, 10G
    New York, NY 10023
    888-720-6298

There is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing this complaint. Nevertheless, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

Also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Division at: www.ic3.gov