SnapFishterrible service, product wrong size

I have ordered 3 orders of test prints to see how my 4x6 photos would turn out for a photo display I'm doing for my wedding. Every order has come back cut 1/8 inch too short on one edge, making one of the borders 1/8", the rest 1/4".

I've reported the issue multiple times through the help form on their site. (They don't appear to have a way to reply to a ticket, you only get one shot at a reply from the online form.) Every time I get an email that says that I either need to crop them to be 4x6 (I did), that I need to be sure not to select True Digital (I didn't), that it sounds like a cut problem and here's a credit for 15 prints (Cut problem? YES... but still had the problem again later), or that they're sorry I wasn't able to receive True Digital prints and that they're still improving the functionality (I didn't want True Digital prints, I want 4x6, which I have yet to receive.)

After many rounds with the online form, today tried the online "live" chat. This is definitely not "live". Much like the online form, it would seem that I was essentially starting over every time they sent a response. Then I was cut off.

Here's the text from the online chat with a few privacy-protecting replacements. Note... there's no timestamps here... This took place over the course of an HOUR. So if it seems like I was frustrated quickly, try to keep the time span in mind. :)

****

Hi, Welcome to Snapfish Live Help. How may I help you today?

You are now chatting with 'Sai Kiran'

Sai Kiran: Hi,

Sai Kiran: Welcome to Snapfish Live Help. How may I help you today?

Me: Hello. I have ordered multiple rounds of test prints recently to try to sort out the issue I'm having, and nothing has worked

Me: Basically, the pictures are being cut too short.

Me: I order 4x6, perfectly proportioned for 4x6, with borders on, and I get exactly 1/4 inch on three sides, and 1/8 on one side. The pictures are not physically 4x6.

Me: and thus the borders are uneven.

Me: I've been told it's "Digital TruePrint" but I have specifically ordered them to not be those, I've cropped all my photos to exactly 4x6 proportions, and I've selected 4x6 as the size I want. But I'm still getting 4x5 7/8 photos.

Me: and I'm running out of time to make my real order.

Sai Kiran: May I know the order number.

Me: Sure...

Me: The latest one is --[order #]--. The last two were --[order #]-- and --[order #]--. All were selected as 4x6 each time, the most recent order was cropped to be exactly 4x6 to be sure that wasn't the problem.

Me: however looking at these, it's definitely the cut. I'm sitting with a ruler and they are not 4x6.

Me: It's been the same edge every order. too.

Sai Kiran: Please give me a moment.

Me: sure

Me: No problem.

Sai Kiran: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Sai Kiran: I'm sorry that all of your images weren't treated as Trudigital. Digital images aren't always identified by our Trudigital function even when they are taken by the same camera. I'm sorry for that. We are working to improve the Trudigital function.

Sai Kiran: If you are not happy with the print preview cropping, you will need to crop the images in your account. It's best to do this before you place the images in your cart. You can go to fix/enhance and then edit and then crop. The print area will show up on the photo and you can move the area as you'd like.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Vancouver, WA

Me: nono

Me: I did not want True Digital

Me: I want to know how to make them actually BE 4x6

Me: Note that viewing the preview makes everything look fine in the photos

Me: the actual physical photos are not cut properly, on my last 3 orders

Me: and it has nothing to do with how the images are cropped. The photos are fine, the physical paper is cut too small, and the borders are uneven. The physical cut is wrong, on three separate orders.

Me: and the borders being uneven are the result of the cut, not the photo.

Sai Kiran: I'm sorry for the delay. I'm still investigating your issue.

Sai Kiran: I suggest you to crop all the photos in 4 x 6 as I see you have 4 x 5.3 true digital .

Me: I did crop everything in the last order to 4x6

Me: every single one

Me: where are you seeing 4x5.3 in the last order?

Sai Kiran: I'm sorry .

Sai Kiran: How many number of prints are unsatisfied .

Me: I'm not looking for a credit. I'm trying to figure out how to make photos come to me in the 4x6 size, because it clearly has nothing to do with how I order them. Something is wrong at the facility that is cutting my photos, and I want to know how to get it fixed. I have an order of 400 that I'm trying to test for and I'm running out of time to get it. I've ordered 3 rounds of test prints so far and none have come back 4x6

Me: I've already been through multiple help tickets, all just telling me to preview the photos, or make sure they're 4x6, etc. None of that has made any difference in the physical cut of the photos. They all preview perfectly.

Me: I have yet to receive anything that looks like the previews, because the left side (on horizontal pictures) is always getting cut wrong. Bottom side on vertical pictures.

Sai Kiran: I'm sorry for the delay. I'm still investigating your issue.

Sai Kiran: This is an issue where the aspect ratio (height vs. width) of your digital photo file does not match the shape of a standard 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 sheet of photographic paper.

Me: NOOO

Me: Oh my god, I said that already...

Sai Kiran: In cases like that, our automated system must crop your image, and it will always crop "to the center".

Me: I made 4x6 images.

Me: This has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE IMAGE

Me: This has EVERYTHING to do with the size of the physical paper

Sai Kiran: If you are looking for a 4 x 6 size I suggest you to crop them.

Me: I DID

Me: I DID I DID I DID

Me: And I SAID THAT ALREADY

Me: The physical size of the paper is TOO SMALL. I am not receiving 4x6 prints. I am NOT selecting True Digital. I am NOT having trouble with the crop of the photos. The preview looks fine.

Me: This is the actual paper is getting cut TOO SHORT

Me: and cutting off much of one of the borders

Sai Kiran: I'm sorry for the delay. I'm still investigating your issue.

Thank you for chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.

[[No further input from my screen was accepted.]]

I then tried phone support. She told me I need to edit every photo using their cropping tool. First, that's awfully time intensive if I have hundreds of photos to print (which I do). Second, I told her that the photos preview fine, with 1/4 inch border on each side, and when I receive them, I get photos with 1/4 inch border on 3 sides, and 1/8 inch border on one side. That if this were an issue with the order itself, the borders would all be 1/4 inch, but the issue is with how they are cut at the physical photo printing location. There was a long pause, and then she continued to tell me how she could walk me through placing an order. Having already been through that with the online form support, I hung up.

Comments

• Pi
      Dec 11, 2017

Did you ever get this figured out? I had never noticed it before, but I had a recent project that came back cut off due to the pics being 4 x 5 7/8.