SMSGameOn / Trivia Game Rip Off

I got caught in this Scam as well
I did not sign up and it took me a month to get it stopped I hope!
I have no idea how I got into this scam I think it was thru a Apple App
anyways text 33233 stop I was told by their customer servoice would work I hope!
I phoned their no. and was told there finance dept will look into my complaint I had tried to stop this rip off the week after I started getting texts with Triva questions by texting remove
I was told I needed to text stop to 33233
It has cost me $25.00 todate I hope to God this is the final bill
They charge $1.25 per text and I had no idea this was happening
This firm is making millions by deception
There so called prizes are a joke

Comments

• Ar
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Yeah! I've tried numorous times to cancel, no luck. If anyone reads this and finds out how, please post

• Ju
      29th of Jun, 2009

me too... please help... even tho they don't send me anything i have been billed 1.25CAD EVERY DAY

2nd of Aug, 2009

My daughter got caught in the same 33233 SCAM.
    I phoned FIDO, their rep was aggressively consistent that it was my fault to subscribe. He said that it's a third party subscription, and FIDO has nothing to do with them. Yes! They just earn commission from providing our numbers to scammers, for allowing scammers on their network, for sharing the billing system.
    I found $18.75 on the bill, it will be more on the next one.
    I said that I wouldn't unsubscribe, because never subscribed. I'm trying to make them stop their partners from doing their crappy business. I know it's useless. I asked for the manager. The rep. said there was no manager at that time. They created the case and promised that I would get a callback within 3 days. Nobody called.
    I will update...

5th of Aug, 2009

Talked to Fido again. They finally accepted they are in the agreement with 33233 SCAMMERS, but still told me that was my fault to subscribe. They confessed that disclose personal information to the SCAMMERS. Though, they din't like that I called them SCAMMERS, because they are actually LEGAL SCAMMERS.

I have investigated that and here is the document from July 24, 2009 - Telecom Decision CRTC 2009-445 - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2009/2009-445.htm

Fido won't reverse the charges. Fido tried, but was not able to block my cell from Legal Scam. So I did it by texting STOP and it worked.

Now I've been contacting the legal scammers http://www.smsgameon.com/canada.html in the hope of collecting the evidences to raise a big public hell.

8th of Aug, 2009

Contacting SMSGAMEON. They seem to be alive. Surprisingly. They are Holy Men. They believe they are doing good job in entertaining their customers. A bunch of freaks.

Talking to them is pointless, they pretend not to understand anything at all. They sort of answer, but don't give any answers, but give irrelevant information instead.

• Dm
      20th of Aug, 2009

I was billed 40.00 for these ### services I never subscribed for. Calling gameon is useless. I called Rogers wireless and asked the first rep, " My wireless service doesn't include text messaging. He said im not suppose to recieve text messageing but if you have premium text messageing you will recieve crap sms messages. Rodgers was awesome they knew it was not our fault and we were scammed by game on so they gave us a refund. we spent a hour talking to a rep at game on and she was completely useless. They scammed me my phone has been dead for two months. they said i subscribed june 23 the june 25 and my phone said i subscribed july 1 obviously they are very stupid if they can't even get there story straight bunch of jerks.

p.s dont put your cell phone number on facebook.
    being persistant with your wireless carrier may help you get a refund

• Ka
      1st of Sep, 2009

i called last friday to 33233 premium text to unsubscribe, but i still keep receiving text message. I called again today (tuesday) and a representivive told me she couldn't see my last call information. She said she would forward my refund request to the accounting department and i would only receive an reply email if i am qualified. what a scam! the 33233 web site doesn't even have an unsubscribe link. how can this kind of business exist in canada?

10th of Sep, 2009

Fido is running a very effective business!

1) They earned some commission from $45 that they gave away to SMSGAMEON.
    2) They wasted about 2 hours of customer service time.
    3) I UPgraded my daughter's plan from $25 down to $15 which will result in $120 of unreceived income.
    4) Above all, they have another happy customer who thinks to switch two other expired contracts to another company. But the fact is they all the pretty much the same.

And the sad thing is that whoever works as a Rep. nowadays has to be a little bit a liar to keep their hot spots.
    And yes, it's all happening in CANADA! What a shame.

• 84
      20th of Jan, 2010

I received this message for a while on my cell and was billed 24 dollars from Fido. I called the customer service and argued that I will not pay the charges and asked to cancel my service (I was NOT on contract with FIDO) if they cannot waive the fees. Finally they agreed. I have stopped by texting back to the message as "STOP ALL" and it worked. I did not receive any more message from them. I have mentioned FIDO that I am will be reporting this to the CRTC. More details of this issue and can be found from the following link.

• Mw
      17th of Feb, 2010

..THIS COMPANY MADE 170 MILLION DOLLARS...IN 2009...DUE TO WIRELESS CUSTOMERS NOT REVIEWING THE BILL...I GOT STUCK WITH 6 MONTHS WORTH OF CHARGES...VERIZON CREDITED 3 OF THE 6 MONTHS...BECAUSE HALF OF THE 170 MILLION GOES TO GUESS WHO...VERIZON...THEY SPLIT...ITS A MARKETING STATEGY...ALL CELL PHONE COMPANYS ARE IN ON IT...AND IT WORKS...TO THEIR BENEFIT...REALLY DISAPPOINTING TO SEE SUCH ROBBERY..I WOULD ALMOST RATHER THEM PHYSICALLY STEAL MY WALLET...I WOULD HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR THE CROOKS...WE HAVE TO LEARN TO BE MORE AWARE OF WHAT IS ON THESE BILLS...WE WORK HARD...FOR OUR MONEY..AND THEY JUST STEAL IT...NOT ANYMORE !!! NOT FROM ME...JEN

• Ti
      26th of Apr, 2010

I got scammed from GameOn 77877
    smsgameon.com

I noticed it the first month. I started receiving text messages from this company every Monday morning. I didn't know that they were charging me unti I recieved my Verizon bill.

The rep from Verizon asked if I had EVER put my phone number on anything on line. And I said probaby sometime, somewhere but I don't recall. And he said well that is why- they will get your phone number and use it to send these $9.99 premium text messages. I sent a text back "STOP"

I hope it works...I am so sick of these *^%(&$% scammers. They should have maximum fines and penalties for people who do this. People in real life don't get away with robbing people, why are they allowed to online or though your cell phone?

• Tr
      2nd of Aug, 2010

My husband was caught for $70. I don't understand why this kind of dirty business can exist in Canada.

• Id
      25th of Feb, 2011

How do you contact Verizon to get the spam message charges taken off of your bill. I have yet to find a way to speak to a real person when contacting verizon.

• We
      5th of Nov, 2011

How do you contact Verizon...DIAL *611 from you cell phone and hit 0 several times until the lady says "please enter you password" if you don't have a password set up just wait a few seconds and you will be transferred to a live person who will as you for you name rank and serial #! to verify you are the owner of the account and tell them you did not sign up for it and you will be credited. Took me about a min. incl. hold time today (Sat.)
    I suggest anyone who this happens to call your carrier and the should be able to credit your acct. and block it from ever happening again...Wes