SMS Winmars / Threats and refusal to pame my money

1 P. O. Box 44094Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-256-9050

I am a small martial arts dojo in nor cal and one of my students came to me and said the billing company made a mistake on their address. I had it fixed. The same month the billing company charged him a $40 deliquent fee for a $50 payment because they had also put down the wrong ex. date from the credit card. From there on, they have threatened to spread rumors about my restaurant business if I show anyone their abusive emails, they have also made fun of me, and have not paid me the money they owe me from my students. I have contacted all the agencies. Maryland Attorney General, BBB, and the FCRA because they were call ing my phone at 3:30am. I have never seen anything like this before. I have pages of emails to anyone who wants to read them.

Comments

• Se
      22nd of Nov, 2010

I am really sorry to hear this. It is unfortunate that companies like this are able to harrass people, take their money and get away with it. Companies like this do more bad than good for our industry and take school owners like yourself and make them hesitant to systemize their school for, what is suppose to be, a better result!

I've had a similar experience with a company called Membersolutions, but not to the unprofessional extent that you have. Calls at 3am, threatening to spread rumors about your restaurant business if you show anyone their abusive emails, making fun of you, and have not paid you the money THEY owe YOU?!?!? WOOWWWWW!!! are you serious??

My advice...Run! Run as fast as you can and take advantage of Social Media. Go on Facebook, twitter, write a blog and do anything else you can to warn people of your experiences. Check out www.flyingdragonkaratesucks.com - Social media is the way to go.

I would love to see the email correspondance that you have and even have a company that has a phenominal track record that I would recommend if you're interested.

I hope that everything works out the way it is intended.

osu.

29th of Nov, 2010

Actually, this firm will be happy to share the complete thread of emails by Mr. Dimanno that will show he harassed, threatened, and used profanity when communicating with the staff of this company. It is our experience that martial artists are not "unintelligent" and realize that there are always two sides to every story. The thread of communications beginning from Day 1 will show that this school owner has not only fabricated this one-sided blog, but also included bashing on the school that referred him. This offer of communication sharing by this firm should show anyone interested that the efforts to malign this firm by this school owner serve no purpose except his own. As the referring school will attest, this complainant has a history of communicating falsehoods about people who do not agree with him. Out of 1400+ schools and 700 fitness facilities, we have never seen such an unwarranted attack. Like everyone, we recognize that we are not perfect and will make mistakes. In the case sited by this school owner, the documentation will bear out the "fact" that the initial problem originated from the school, not SMS. Again, we welcome any request from any legitimate school owner who is interested in seeing the "entire" thread, not just a one-sided version. Finally, it is important to note that one employee who had communicated with this school owner was terminated immediately when the President of this company discovered a less than professional interaction with Dimanno. Thank you. We hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. We wish you and yours a Very Merry and Happy Holiday Season!

Laurie
    SMS Management

14th of Dec, 2010

It is funny how the Winmars employee doesn't use her last name. They have many ficticious names. I have emails from Tom and Diane who are not employees there. I have sent in a registered letter that was refused. This had my request for a 90 day termination so the contract doesn't renew. Winmars has NOT paid me for 2 months. Who would want to do business with someone like that. They are advertising as a registered Corporation of Maryland in which they are not. They use a P.O. Box and actually do business out of a garage. I believe it is actually a husband, wife and 2 kids working there at the Gunpowder address. I have also been contacted by several other jilted clients of Winmars who have gone through much more than I have. As you see in Laurie AKA (Harry Stephan) posted comments, they do not address the abusive name calling, holding my money, addressing the issue in which I contacted them, (my student's profile was set up wrong by their company which resulted in a $40 late fee to my student for a $50 monthly program. They owe me aprox. $1200. For any martial arts instructor reading this, please take the time to go through the student's contract. My students are my exteneded family and my goal is to protect them. This is why I crossed out the renewal on all of Winmars contracts.

14th of Dec, 2010

DiManno's comments clearly show how uninformed he truly is. Tom is Tom Kurfoot; My last name is Daniels and Diane's is Carroll. Winmars does not even exist as this firm bought them out in 2007. Thus, DiManno continues to avoid the facts as they truly exist. His desire to mislead, misrepresent and distort the actual facts are almost humorous. Our previous reply stands in that ANY school or individual desirous of seeing the actual facts (without DiManno's distortions) need only contact our firm and we would be happy to supply them. The student he continually refers to had an issue caused by DiManno himself as this firm can prove beyond any reasonable doubt. While DiManno states that his students are his extended family, it is interesting to point out that he has been the one to expose them, not this firm. As for the abusive name calling, any interested school owner is welcome to listen to DiManno's demented message which contained nothing but profanity and vulgarity. His emails are no different. Also, the most humorous thing about DiManno's comment is that the owner of this company has no family members working here, has 61 employees (check out BBB) and operates in a 10, 000 sq. ft. facility. We invite any school owner to visit us in Baltimore, MD. While DiManno elaborates on other jilted clients, he knows not only that this is not true but that his art of creating fabricated stories is second to none. Finally, it is important to note that his letter to this firm was refused due to the profanity, rhetoric, vulgarity, and threats he has made against this firm, none of which we take seriously. I believe the funniest thing however is his comment that he was providing 90 days notice when we have in our file his letter stating he was terminating immediately thus creating the breach he is now in. As for this attorney he refers to, she is a bankruptcy attorney and our contract has stood up in front of many judges and has been deemed totally legal. We suggest that DiManno focus more of his time on growing his school rather than wasting valuable time. We do not take him seriously whatsoever. Again, all school owners are invited to visit our offices in Baltimore, and all such visitors will witness for themselves the hollow attack DiManno chooses to take.

17th of Dec, 2010

I just heard another horror story about Winmars charging a student over $2, 000 for a $150 balance from one of their contracts. Another dojo said Winmars hadn't paid them in 6 months and was automatically renewing the students without their permission. One of my student's parents called me to let me know that they paid their contract in full in October before all this happened and Winmars did not report that to me or pay me for the contract. For the record, go to Zillow and type in Winmars non P.O. address on Gunpoint Dr. In White Marsh, you will see it is a 2, 400 sq. ft. house. They cannot be trusted.

20th of Dec, 2010

Now DiManno is deliberately disparaging a complaint which goes beyond the border of ethical behavior. His allegations are nothing short of lies and this firm will go out of its way to prove this to ANY school requesting information. In fact, the thread initiated by this unethical individual combined with our borderless willingness to show his statements to be continual lies, should convince anyone of the type of person he is! He believes that his posting of lies will damage this firm when in fact; he is exposing himself to serious implications. In recognition of his fabricated construction of his elaborate claim, this firm challenges him to post FACTS and situations so that this firm can properly explain OR show that he is correct. His behavior in this post shows the same type of childish behavior he displayed when he attempted to coerce this firm to do his bidding. For any school requesting information on this person, our firm would be willing to provide the name of his own Master/Instructor to whom DiManno also treats in this manner! What type of individual is this DiManno anyway? Let his own Master/Instructor guide you! I think by now, DiManno has made a fool of himself but the offers to prove our position as well as the level of his lies, will convince anyone reading his useless diatribe that he is not one to be believed. His claims contained in this last post of his, will be proven QUICKLY to be nothing but the lies stated! What an honorable person he is...or is not! Incidentally Mr. DiManno, paragraph 11 of your own contract details our rights to renew which you signed as do ALL schools. Are you able to read? As for his offer to go to Zillow, this firm would love for DiManno with his limited intelligence to visit that address and he will see for himself that even Zillow is wrong. However, I suggest to DiManno that he understand what a resident agent is! Could that explain ANY address other than the Towson location? He makes a fool of himself assuming that the address of a resident agent is the address of the business. The law does not require that the agent be at the same address. Mr. DiManno, please study Law 101 to get more information on that topic! When DiManno is in Baltimore, he can visit us at our offices in Towson, Maryland 21204 and he will see that even to the readers of this Board that he will stoop to any level to mislead anyone. DiManno, prove your point and travel to Towson, Maryland! We will send a car to pick you up and bring you to our offices. Finally, if there were any school owner who would make such a claim, we predict that you and he would have also signed a contract without READING? Interesting!

20th of Dec, 2010

Paragraph one of the student contract states that the student will automatically renew unless they provide 30 days written notice in "advance" of the expiration of their intial term. This auto renew is for teh advantage of the schools we represent and to date, not one school has opted out. Thus, SMSWinmars would not need the approval of a school owner to renew EXCEPT if at the time a school owner signed up they requested that the auto renew paragraoh be stricken. Unless this "phantom" school can provide a copy to all readers of the SMS contract they used that did not contain the auto renew provision, the "phantom" school owner alluded to would be responsible themself for approving the auto renew in the first place and causing their own student to renew and ultimately become financially responsible. Interestingly, this "phantom" school owner does not post anything themselves! I suppose DiManno speaks for everyone? Interesting! A blank copy of the contract is available to anyone reading this post who would like to determine for themselves who is actually correctly representing themselves. This firm has nothing to hide. Unless school owner lists facts and not faceless claims, this firm will not respond to his false and misleading posts further! We will let him spew worthless claims which harms him, not this firm.

20th of Dec, 2010

Winmars is being investigated in California by the Attorney General. Fact... Why do they not list the other address in Towson? Please go online and look. One of the instructors that approached me said they had to served athe the Gunpointe address because they didn't have an office. About the automatic renewal, I protect my students from this by crossing it out before I fax it to Winmars. They are out of luck. Please email me and I will show you the emails showing the threats from Winmars if I show anyone their abuse and unprofessionalism. I have a restaurant business in which they know nothing about but have made threats to spread rumors about it and I also have on email their childish name calling. Again, this is coming from a company that claims to have 1500 schools. Harry Stephan of Winmars can call my claims worthless but I have a paper trail with a police report from him calling me at 3am in the morning. This is from a company in which I owe ZERO DOLLARS to.
    Please do your own research online. Look for their address, email me and I will forward their threats. Go to the BBB in Maryland and look at their record. I have nothing to lie about. I just want my money in which they are holding. They owe me around $1, 800.

20th of Dec, 2010

"SMS"Winmars is NOT being investigated at all! DiManno filed a complaint and he was sent a letter which we have a copy of that states this is not in their ability to resolve. We would be happy to provide a copy. What levels will DiManno sink to? And anyone wanting to see DiManno's contracts will see that his statement about crossing off the auto renew is nothing but a fabrication. School owners: please contact us at 800-598-6267. As for the Gunpowder address, that is where anything would be served. As for DiManno's emails, history will show that he will only provide threads where his provocative emails to this firm are hidden. This firm will not stoop to his level. We will share ALL. No threats at all have been made to this Dimanno fellow. As to the phone n umber he claims was provided to the Police...that is the most humorous thing. The phone number as any school will see is the same number he has on his letterhead which causes one to assume that he teaches out of his house. The Police are always welcome to call which incidentally, they would not do. he rattles a hollow saber. As for how many schools this firm has, DiManno would have no more idea than we would about how many pizza's he serves on the mat, I mean his house, I mean at the parlor. As for the BBB in Maryland, by all means we encourage to check us out. We have an "A" rating. Nice Try! Also, this firm owes DiManno nothing. He breached an agreement and chooses to believe he is exempt. Interesting. Make a contract...break it at will and blame others! We have seen that before! Paper trail? Doctored most likely! We want to thank those schools who have contacted us about this person and teh support you have shown. In fact, thanks to DiManno, we picked up 2 more schools. Thank you DiManno.

20th of Dec, 2010

He needs to study contract law. Even had he crossed anything out, this firm would NOT be liable since the contract was ours, not his and he could NOT obligate this firm to anything. He really needs to do better research. Anyone reading this can see from his posts that he is hostile in his approach, vehement in his delivery and disaparaging whenever he gets a chance. I would suggest that MARIO needs to spend time acquiring more students than instigating something for which the facts elude him. I will give all schools this task if you are interested. Simply call the Attorney General's Office in California and they will tell you that we are not under investigation. That one fact alone (as the 2 schools we just acquired will confirm) will convince anyone that DiManno is on an endless quest that will net him no ultimate satisfaction.

21st of Dec, 2010

If you are an instructor, please ask your attorney to look at Winmars contract and see if it friendly. I cannot mention any names because there is a pending lawsuit in which Harry doesn't acknowledge online. As you can see with his Eddie Hascal letters that he tends to redirect. Yes, he is correct that I forward the dojo phone to my house. Most instructors do that. He also always mentions contract law. Sign up with him and he will use that term a lot, especially when it comes to paying you. One instructor called me and said his check from Winmars bounced last January. Successful company??? I did not breach anything. I asked to terminate the contracts in which I am doing the service. I offered to pay for the early termination fee like the contract says. Yes, Winmars are experts when it comes to contracts that protect them. For your students and the instructor, I think not. It seems as though Harry uses his company to help him deal with his insecurities. His emails are hilarious. The other instructor said that he blew up in front of his attorney. Harry is a 58 year old man in poor shape who can't control his temper. What kind of businessman calls their clients names over their own mistake regarding a clerical error? Please check to see if he is a registered corporation. Again, he is operating under a corporate shell but is not registered in Maryland. I know, he will respond and deny it with his blah, blah, and more blah.

22nd of Dec, 2010

Mari - Too many schools have contacted us now and our points were made. You showed how childish you are and have hurt ONLY yourself. Schools requested proof...we showed ALL proof and they were convinced. People get sued everyday. So what! We do not worry about it...why are you so concerned? EVEN YOU HAVE BEEN SUED BEFORE as well and so has the other school. So what! There are always 2 sides and thank you to all of the intelligent school owners we have spoken to that see beyond your careless and childish scribblings and aggitated immature comments. We have enjoyed the cconversation although your side was always predictable, even with the comments regarding the "phantom" school owner. By the way, thank you for admitting in this forum that the fax number on your letterhead was forwarded to your home while no one using it would ever know! I am certain that the Police you refer to will like to see this now so they can know you filed a false police report. Don't worry. We will take care of that tonight. Very humerous! Mari, please go and have a Very Merry Christmas. We have enjoyed our communications and thank you again for the new schools. MARI - thank you again and we sincerely hope that one day when you learn how to deal with people, you may start to grow out of your home and teach in a real dojang!

22nd of Dec, 2010

Mari-----Naturally if you use the wrong name in your search of registered companies, you will find AGAIN (you must have forgotten) that WINMARS is NO LONGER REGISTERED and has not been since 2007. It was taken over by the formal corporate name for SMSWinmars. SMSWinmars IS NOT REGISTERED!!! :-) It is a dba! Do you know what that is Mari? Search for the right name and you will find different facts...correct facts.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS MARI! Best wishes in most everything you do! We will say hello to your Master who has had his own unfortunate experiences with you! Incidentally, who is NOT careful with contracts that protect them? But worse yet...why did you sign it? :-) Have a Happy New Year Mari and say hello to Alexander!

22nd of Dec, 2010

As you can see, Harry is losing his temper. If this guy was so successful, why would he take time out of his valuable day to respond to all of my so called fabrications. I only have 5 more students under his contract for less than 3 months. Why would he not allow me to pay for an early termination of these students? He already has my money!!! If he had all of these schools, why would you want to mess around with a small time dojo like mine. If I was Harold, I wouldn't want a jilted client hanging around unless I needed him. It doesn't make sense. By the way, if there any dojo instructors reading this, please check out his website before you sign up and ask him to look at what your out dated log in page would look like. It is always conveniently 2 months behind. Most instructors are too busy to check the payments each month. Audit them and see if they balance.

22nd of Dec, 2010

Mari, Mari, Mari. Not losing a temper at all. You are simply interesting and humerous, although quite a sad individual. You are 2 months behind because we removed your login rights! It is real time access but that shows yourlack of ability to understand! We encourage an audit anytime!!! No, contrary to your belief, your account is not needed. Mari...the readers to this post have been quite kind to us and we are pleased at the attention you have brought to this company! Thank you very much. Merry Christmas! :-)

22nd of Dec, 2010

Your login rights were removed about 2 months ago as you had breached and no longer had an entitlement. Sorry you did not understand that. Possibly you felt you were entitled to lilfetime access? Small time? That is the first bit of humility you have shown. Maybe there is some hope for you. Andc no, we are not getting angry at you. You have listed lies, innuendos, and harmless rhetoric as your attack vehicle so what is there to be angry at? You brought us business. I suspect we should consider paying you a bonus for your help. We are very appreciative. You had one school contact the Attorney General and signed up with us when that office advised that such was not the case at all. We did contact the Police Department in yoru area and also shared your admission as to the phone number on your letterhead and we were promised a conference call tomorrow. So mad? Not at all. Your admission brought us another school. Thank you again Mari! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Say hello to Alex.

22nd of Dec, 2010

Incidentally, Instructors who state that they are too busy to check their payments each month always subject themeselves to not understanding their accounts. We encourage school owners to verify the data also to assure that all students are listed and also to see who is delinquent so they might work with us hand in hand to ensure a minimum delinquency rate. A school owner who is "too busy" as you say is one who has no handle on his account. Audits again are encouraged and this firm does them monthly. We have seen many instructors do many things to harm their own accounts (such as you) but again Mary, we thank you for supporting us. I will say this. The ONLY schools that are successful or EVER will be successful are the ones who NEVER say they are too busy to know what is happening with their accounts. THEY are our best clients...the ones who care about their accounts and stay in touch. Thank you again Mary & Merry Christmas! Please keep steering business our way. Say hello to Alex!

22nd of Dec, 2010

Please read the emails as Harry Stephan makes fun of my name. Also, he mentions my Father Alexander. What does my Dad have to do with me making a decision to go with another billing company? I don't get it. This just proves my point. You can see him slowly unwinding again. And isn't your name Harry Stephan? Are you embarassed of your name? Also, did you notice how he beats around the bush about his corporate shell. What is the real name of the corporation? Please read his blog a few back and see if it makes sense. Whoever wants the name of the person who Winmars (the successful company) charged over $2, 000 for a balance of $150, Please contact the California Attorney General. They also complained to the BBB in California. I'm sorry, they didn't read the fine print in Winmars contract. They deserve it too. By the way, their website stinks. He is lieing again. My God, this guy can never tell the truth. I have'nt been able to login for 2 months. My user id is REK and my password is REN970. Try it and see unless he activates it and then the truth comes out. Caught you again Harry. Also, what does it matter if I forward my phone to my office in my house? Most small business people do. They don't have the luxury of working out of a garage like you. 3am in the morning is 3:00am in the morning. Why would you contact anyone at this time? By the way, the only readers to this post that I have heard from all have issues with you. There will be more. The $50, 000 in unpaid contracts, your $2, 000 collection letter on $150 balance and your bounced checks. Your right, none of this happened, your threatening emails are fabricated by me and I have nothing better to do but to deal with a outstanding businessman like yourself. I am being facetious, by the way. Geez...

22nd of Dec, 2010

Mari, we are glad to have to go to another billing company because we know the experience will be short lived. Your track record shows that you burn bridges quickj. Just ask your own Master! You have not been able to login for 2 months BECAUSE your login rights were taken away!!! No lies whatsoever! What is it you do not understand???????????? You will not login no matter who you invite to try it. We made that clear in the last post. Beyond this, you are simply rambling the same things and your post lacks creativity. We already responded to your lies and will not do it again. The fact is, your last post contains nothing but the same childish rhetoric and schools have already checked us out and found you to be a complusive artist when it comes to distorting the actual facts. Your own admission of the 3 am phone call says it all. You lost your right to complain when yuou did not identify the fact that your home phone would ring after a certain hour. You filed a false Police Report as a result. Any school owner can now make their own decisions. It is ok whichever way they go. We gained schools because of you and we thank you Mari! Merry Christmas!!! You trully are not bothering us at all! Please say hello to Alex!