Smokingeverywhere.com

Non-Delivery/Bank Charge

SmokingEverywhere.com
Fayetteville, Tennessee
smokingeverywhere.com
My wife purchased this product after an online advertisement. About a week after the order and still no delivery of the product, we went back and read the "fine print" of the contract. You have 14 days after the date of the order to decide if you want to "renew" your monthly subscription for their device. My wife called and cancelled the order and stated that if she only had 14 days to cancel, from the date she ordered it, she did not have sufficient time to reveiw the product. She cancelled the order and the subscription. Surprise Surprise - here it is a month later, and we've never received our initial refund, and now they have taken $99 out of our checking account. This is a fraud and a scam.
Complaint comments Comments (7)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

A  17th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I ordered this starter kit online 2 1/2 weeks before trip to Disney World. Never came! I cancelled the auto reorder carttidges before the 14 days was up, since I did see the fine print. After returning from vacation (and still no kit in the mail) our credit card bill had been charged anyway!
This is a true SCAM and now I have the headache of trying to clear up the charges.
N  23rd of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Smoking everywhere does not do a very good job at shipping in a timely manner, very slow, and they do NOT ship the right product. I have had three orders messed up, and I still do not have what I ordered. The cartridges do NOT last but a few puffs, and then they stop smoking, Would not recommend.
A  4th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I ordered starter kit on line on Sept 9, was immediately charged $ 9.95, even though it was not shipped, waited until Oct 5, called them, they were so nasty on the phone I canceled my order on Oct 5, 2009, they shipped on Oct 15, I received it on Oct 17, returned the order unopened on Oct 23 have a variation that they received it on Oct 23 at 7:45 a.m. On November 2nd I get billed 99.02. then on November 3rd I get billed 49.99 for refills, which I didn't order, they just keep billing you, even after you have returned the product just as you received it. They do not cancel you order, they just ignore you. One month after I have canceled they are still taking money out of my account. If this isn't fraud I don't know what is. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A SHAM AND RUNNING A SCAM. I have gone to the Bank and I will file a complaint with the Sheriffs office
I have called them 3 times. Do not do business with these crooks.
A  5th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Well I have received 2 refunds so far but I did not use the product I sent it right back and got proof of delivery, I have received 99.02 and my shipping back 9.95 I am waiting for my 49.99 I will change my CC# just in case as these people are not out to keep the customer happy, just to make money. You can also go to Rip Off and post they really go after company's. Your bank can get your money back, don't be lazy go and tell them and fill out a complaint. They need to be stopped. Your CC company can get your money back you just have to go after these people and stop them from steeling peoples money. Most people just quit, don't quit get them. Never give up on a crook.
N  4th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
How do we do a class action suit?
A  12th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I'm in with you...
N  16th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought this product from their website and was fairly pleased with the results - however - I only used it in bars (which they are now banned in, in my state) because I still needed that flavor of a regular cigarette. I haven't used the product in months, never even went through all the cartridges I bought with the device. I have now been on the patch since July 09 and haven't had a relapse. My problem with this company is that it was the last purchase I made with a certain credit card (March 09), before that same card was used in online UPS identity theft/fraud. This is too lengthy to explain but it was reported to the card's id theft department, went round and round with UPS to close the fraudulent accounts, and filed official reports locally and with the FBI. I have no proof Smoking Everywhere had anything to do with it, but it was a brand new company at the time I purchased the product (endorsed by none other than Ashton Kutcher on Twitter) so of course it could be that their website was hacked because it got so much attention and someone got jealous. Just a theory... but haven't heard so much as a peep out of them regarding any security problem of that sort, not that they'd ever announce it. They do bug me often over the phone, because I have never purchased anything from them since the initial purchase, then problem with my credit card. Why the class action suit?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree