I canceled my monthly shipments on October 23, 2009 and wrote down the date, the representative's name and ID number that I talked to when I cancelled. I asked if there was a confirmation number for my cancellation and was told by the representative that another department would handle the cancellation, that she wrote it up to be submitted to her supervisor at the end of her shift. She assured me that she would submit it and I would be cancelled, with no more charges.
On November 11, 2009, $49.99 was deducted from my account. I called smokingeverywhere and got some "no answers", some busy signals, voicemail, and hangups. I finally got a representative that told me that she could not see where I had been charged for any monthly shipment, nor could she see where I was cancelled. She asked me to email her at her smokingeverywhere.com address and send her a screenshot of my account with the charge on it, to verify that I had been charged the $49.99. I did that, limiting the view to include only that charge. I called my bank and was informed that I could file a dispute once the item is posted. That still locks up that money from my access. I am considering closing that account and opening another, if that's what it takes. That's a real hassle, since I have other things attached to that account. LESSON LEARNED!!!
SCAM!!! BEWARE!!!I would like to hear about a lawsuit, too, because I would like to join in on that!!!