smoke assassin naturals80 / Fraudulent charge on my credit card

1 Lewiston, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-640-9575

This company made an unauthorized $79.99 to my bank account causing a total of $259 in overdraft fees. This is very devastating to a single mother, with no other income. How am I to feed my child now?

Comments

• As
      Aug 23, 2009

The same company just charged 79.90 on Aug 20-2009 to my credit card - I ordered via phone call to this company for a electronic cigarette to stop smoking and they advised me the cost was only 9.99 - I agreed and dumb enough gave my credit card info - they also stated I would have to sign up for Liberty Fun card and US Patriot savings card which I knew I could cancel after the trial membership - well I am unable to get a hold of Assassin Natural as it appears on my credit card statement - I have cancelled the Libert and Us patriot cards - and oh yeh - I never authorized for these 2 companines to take 1.97 out of my credit card - so how did these companies get my credit card info - then 2 weeks later 2 more companies went in took 1.97 and 1.95 out of my credit card - never heard of these companies and have cancelled these also - If any one has any info on Assassin Natural in Lewiston ME please comment - I have cancelled my credit card so they wont be able to suck any more out of account - and yes my bank is returning my funds - and I have also contacted a lawyer - its not the money its the principle... anyone!!!

• Re
      Aug 26, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. The company just charged-fraudulently $149 to my debit card and also gave my card information to 2 other companies. I have tried to call the number listed above several times but the # just rings busy. I am going to call my bank and try to cancel the current charges and all future if possible. Something has to be done about this company now.

• Lo
      Aug 26, 2009

The actual number for this company is 800-604-9575. They billed my card on 8-17-09 but stated that they were backordered and that the item shipped on 8-20-09. It has not been received as of yet. I called the company back and was told the item shipped on 8-16-09 and was given the 4 phone numbers to cancel the other trial memberhsips. I was also promised two extra packs of cartridges for my trouble. I will update this to see what happens. I talked with a lady named MAGENTA. ???

Lori

Aug 30, 2009

Still no product - i will be calling on monday for a full refund - then contacting the local radio station that advertised this company and then maybe a class action suit - what do you all think?? p.s. - then get all the other companies who took are money without our authorization - COMMENTS...DID ANYONE EVER GET A REFUND???????

• De
      Sep 02, 2009

I called several times and they kept assuring me I would get the product. Today I called and told them I had not received my product and that I went on the internet and read many complaints like mine and I wanted a refund or I would call the Attorney General. I spoke with a woman named Diane and she told me my 79.90 would be refunded within 48 hours. I'm not holding my breathe. Yes I think we should all get together and at least have the Attorney General investigate and then maybe get a lawyer.

• Ba
      Sep 04, 2009

My husband ordered the item for me, but I never got the product . I am now out $160.00 dollars. I had to cancell my credit card to stop the blood. This is a bunch of crap. I knew something was up when the charge had no phone number. I f you hire an attorney please contact me @[protected]@yahoo.com.
    Barbara Lee

Sep 04, 2009

I called today again and they said my money was in my account - my online banking is down right now - i will look later on or tomorrow - I called monday and advised I still did not receive the product and then the guy said that they sent out 2 shipments - right - then i demanded my money back into the acct i closed - he said he would refund my money back -then today i called to see if the money came back and a girl said yes and gave me a tracking number - so far I dont like this - why would they be so nice to give me my money back and said to just return the product - what fricking product - I never received any thing - they said there is 2 shipments to me - what!!! if my money is not in my acct i will talk to our lawyer in my office and ask him which type of lawyer i could contact - this is bullcrap - did any one get a refund yet??

• Ge
      Sep 05, 2009

Looks like that only option is to change/cancel your credit card. Pretty messed up. I have received the product, spoke to them the day I got, and told them that I would be sending it back. I stated that I would like to stop any future charges for "refills", and also get a refund for the original charge. They were surprisingly nice about it, (too nice in retrospect). Well... Today I just looked at my bank account and there has never been a refund, and on top of that, I have a NEW pending charge of $80!!! Can you believe it! I called the customer service number and they of course were closed. What the hell man!
    Someone needs to call Howard Stern and let him know that a company that has had many advertising and discussions on his show, is a fraudulent piece of s**t!

Sep 05, 2009

Well I looked today and my 79.90 is not back in my acct - I will be calling my bank to see if there is a pending transaction as assassin natural stated they placed the funds back on friday - what the crap - i will call a lawyer hotline and see how we start pursuing a class action lawsuit and will advise as soon as i know something.

Sep 05, 2009

I NEED THE WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR THIS COMPANY - I AM UNABLE TO LOCATE IT - I NEED TO ADVISE A LAWYER -

• Mi
      Sep 07, 2009

I also got the charge with no product. I asked the little fast talker several times the terms of the charges. HE informed me that it would only be $9.95. Once I received the product, I could call 1 (800) 604-9575 to cancel before the $79.90 charge came through. Well I never received the product...and guess what? I got charged the $79.90! I am so angry. I was interested in stopping smoking and this has made me smoke more. Anything anyone can suggest would be great. I am interested in contacting an attorney. If anyone does please let me know. [protected]@sbcglobal.net or 239.682.6944.

I have tried several times to call both numbers:

1 (800) 604-9575 & 1-800-640-9575

NO one answers and it just sounds like someone is on the other line!

I am PISSED to say the least! PLEASE HELP OR LETS HELP ONE ANOTHER! I am thinking about canceling my Howard TV and Sirrus subscription unless this address at that level! Thanks Howard!

Sep 07, 2009

the correct number is 800-604-9575 - as of today - labor day - no product - I also had called and it sounded like someone is just on the line and not saying a word, how f-ing rude - now i am pissed - tomorrow i will be calling this number again - while my bank is also researching this f-ing charge, and demanding a supervisor - if one exists, and then advise them if my money is not back they are being sued. I also am calling my local radio station regarding this and demanding they return my money if this company does not - we have to get these guys before they close up shop - so lets all pull in this together - everyone call your local radio station or where ever you got this info - explain what has happened in the meantime i will call a local lawyer and see what we can do - lets get back to each other no later then wednesday ---- tks dawn

• Mi
      Sep 07, 2009

I have contacted the Stern Show and dropped an e-mail. We'll see what happens. My brother-in-law is an attorney and I have sent him this link. He is good at let me know one way or another! Once I hear something or anything I will let you know.

Sep 07, 2009

Thanks Mike - I dont know how assassin natural is my link name, I must not have put my real info down when i submitted this - I am calling the radio station also as we speak and also the local radio personallity who advertised this product - how can these people get away with this - well if we work fast we can get there sorry @&&#&...

• Ju
      Sep 08, 2009

I too am having this problem and when I call them they hang up on me the number I have for them is 800-604-9575 I returned all there things and they still bill me.So I canceled my credit card as that was the only way to stop this.

• L8
      Sep 09, 2009

I paid and got the product a little late, however I checked my bank statement today and saw another charge pending for the same thing. I have advised my bank to reverse this charge and put them on their list to keep them from charging my account. They get the hint eventually!

Mark C. Clevelnad, OH

• Sh
      Sep 11, 2009

After reading everyones comments i see that i am not alone.. I also have ordered from them. I did received the product but a second charge of 79.90 has just appeared on my bank statement with out me knowing. Has anyone gotten a refund yet or found out about a law suit. We need to shut these people down before it gets way out of hand. --- Shannon

Sep 15, 2009

I ordered this product Aug 14, 2009, said it would ship Aug 19, 2009. Called on Sept 3, 2009, gave me a tracking number, no such shipment could be found, checked while I was the phone with them. Said they wouuld re-0rder, and ship out right away. Called Sept 9, 2009, nothing was shipped. Said they were running behind. The lady I talked too said she would walk my order down to shipping to make it got shipped. Called again today, Sept 15, 2009. Would you guess nothing shipped, there excuse was new software. They are suppose refund my money in 48 hrs. Wont beleive until I see it. Also they did the same thing to us, signing us up to Liberty Fun Pass and US Patriot Card. Got the credit card to stop it. Will let you know if we get our refund. If you think about ordering this product, I would say do not do it.

• Ml
      Sep 17, 2009

Add me to the list! I jsut got off the phone with "customer service" and was advised to call them back when I receiced the product and wanted to return it. Yeah right, like I'm going to sit on hold for another half hour! I was also advised by my credit card company, after filing a fraud complaint and wanting to cancel the card for a new one, that would not stop any futurn re-occurring charges to the card. I also filed fraud complaints against the other charges associated with this company, Easy Saveer & American Leisure (unable to contact the last one to cancel). I was also promised by the person I talked to when I ordered some bonus gift cards. Was anyone else offered these? Haven't received them either, imagine that!! I can be contacted at [protected]@centurytel.net.

• Dn
      Sep 18, 2009

I guess I am in the same boat as everyone here. I got the number off sirrus radio also. I ordered it over three weeks ago and like everyone else have no recieved any product and have been billed the 79.90 and called the number and noone answers I will be calling my bank and closing my account because they will get no more money from me. This sucks you think you are going to get a product that may help to quit smoking and the stress you go through after ordering this product makes you smoke more.

• Ne
      Sep 18, 2009

I ordered the product on 08/08/2009 and they told me the total cost to my debit card would be $79.90. This amount was taken from my bank immediately and I was told I had 30 days to try it and if it didn't work I could return for a refund of $69.95(this was less the shipping charge of $9.95) I was not satisfied with the product and called the company to see how to return it. The advised me where to send for a refund and advised that once they received the product back, they would credit my account for $69.95. I returned the product and was expecting to see my refund within the 72 hours as stated byt the company. However, on 09/18/2009, they charged my account another $79.90...thus making my account overdrawn and getting $96.00 in overdraft charges. I called the company customer service and explained what they did and he tried to convince me that they just refunded me the money. I told him they owe me the money twice since they took it twice and I wanted reimbursed the overdraft charges. He told me they don't refund overdraft charges and hung up on me.
    This is a SCAM company so beware!!!

• Po

Ordered 9/1/09
    Money Deducted 9/8/09
    Arrival of E-cigs...Not yet (9/18/09)
    Complaint going into BBB 9/21/09
    Will it do any good? Maybe not, but the more people we alert to this problem, the better!
    I am also alerting the radio station that runs the ad...I think they have a responsibility to their listeners, especially since they titled themselves "the truth"...

• Ke
      Sep 22, 2009

OMG! Just found charges dating back 3 months. Got my smoke assassin (doesnt work by the way) lIBERTY FUN, EZSAVER, AMER LEIS, US PATRIOT. Who the he__ are these people? 275.00 total.. This sucks!

• 1f
      Sep 23, 2009

Same thing going on with me ordered on 9-14-09. Have had to cancel memberships withh American Leisure, Easy Saver, Liberty fun pass and U.S Patriot. Tried to call customer service today to cancel the assasin natural at 800-604-9575..no luck..just long hold times and disconnects. Called the order line at 800-599-3927 to try to cancel it there and was told that I needed to contact customer service and that customer service is closed today. Filed a complaint with the BBB. Filed a dispute with my bank. Ultimately bank says I am stuck for the some of the charges. What a scam! I think everyone who is frustrated should complain to the better business bureau. Here is a link to the company's website also. http://www.smokeassassin.com/
    Good luck

• Rg
      Sep 24, 2009

I too ordered this product but was aware of the $79.90 price and disgracefully,
    I have encountered the same situations as posted. It's sad to say but, I have very
    little faith in companies I order from in general. Skipping all of my personal feelings
    about Smoke Assassin Naturals80..."cutthroat slime", I have made some headway in
    diffusing the situation.
    1. I contacted my bank as soon as I was told a 2nd shipment would be sent, and canceled
    the card used in my order. I won't allow a 2nd billing even if they didn't state they would.
    2. I filed a dispute with my bank over the initial withdrawal of $79.90, in that I never
    received the product.
    My order was placed on 08/22/09 and charged to my account on 09/02/09. One month
    later, and still no product. I have Pre-Paid Legal Services and they were only too happy to contact the company (I use the term loosely) on my behalf.
    They will undoubtedly be placed on indefinite hold, hung up on and lied to but once that happens I have firm grounds for a filing a formal lawsuit.

R. Griffin

• Wa
      Sep 24, 2009

I too fell for this scam. My credit card company called me about unusual chargers.
    When it was explained to them, that I had not authorized any charges, except the $9.90
    shipping.

When you get this lawsuit going let me know.

Oh yes, I got a package today of 6 refills, and a breath spray, still noting to use them in!!

[protected]@yahoo.com

Oct 01, 2009

Yeah, I fell for it too! My wife has been telling me about these e-cigarettes and I was willing to give it a try. I remember specifically that they said they would be signing me up with American Lesiure and Easy Saver and I would have 30 days to cancel, .. this was a few weeks ago, ... I cancelled with them as soon as I saw what they were offering, ... basically nothing! Yesterday I got cards from Patriot and Liberty, I called and told them I never signed up for this and wanted to cancel. The guy on the phone called me a "Commie" and sarcastically told me "Thanks you for supporting our troops" as he slammed the phone down in its cradle. I finally got through to (800) 604-9575 (past the busy signals) and was on hold while writing this post, ... they just hung up on me after forcing me to listen to Muzac for 20 minutes. guess I have to go and cancel my credit card as well! Let's all sue and when we do, count me in! I heard their ad while listening to the Rush Limbaugh show.
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Gy
      Oct 01, 2009

I have read most of the comments and I have had the same thing happen to me. But with your suggestions and helpful hints I believe that I have resolved some of my problems. There were two numbers that were given and I don't remember which one was the good one but they were1-800-640-9575 or 1-800-604-9575. I got through three times after waiting on hold a long time. When they asked me for my order number I told them that I didn't have one so they asked me for a phone number which I gave with my order. Once I gave that to them they would cut me off. The fourth time that I called I was asked for my order number so I made one up. When he could find it he asked for my telephone number. I told him before I gave him my phone number I wanted his name whch he gave to me. It was Tyler. I then told him that if he cuts me off again that I would be contacting my Attonery General. Well needless to say I was cut off but to my surprise he called me right back. I explained that I was billed twice and he said it didn't show that on their records. He told me to mail a copy of my statement showing the duplicate charge and I asked for a fax number. He gave me 888-714-5350. I faxed in a copy of my on line acct with the duplicate charge. I was not sure if I faxed it correctly so I did it again a short time later. Surprisingly I received a phone call that the second charge was for another months supply when I explained that I have never received any he said that they should be here shortly and gave me the information on how to send them back for another refund of my money. I also cancelled my debit cards so that they can not charge any more on them. I will give them a week to see if the money goes back into my account or not. If not I will be called the Attonery General for help. I hope that if anyone is still having problems they find this inf0rmation helpful.

• Sm
      Oct 06, 2009

Insane, I am in the same position as all of you! I ordered the product after hearing about it on a radio show, was told that I would get the product free, plus a free 14 day supply of the filters to try the product out. I was told that there was a $49.95 reacurring fee for a 4-month supply of the filters but that I could cancel at any time. However, recently there was a $79.90 charge made to my account that shot up my alarms... and made me look on the net to find an answer...

I guess i'll be contacting my bank to cancel my card and put in a fraud complaint tomarrow...

If anyone is pursuing legal action against this company, please contact me steve.cole.[protected]@gmail.com...

• Ye
      Oct 15, 2009

At this point I would go to their physical location just to avoid the multiple hang ups. Last person I spoke with was Rebecca who I immediately told I wanted to speak with a supervisor. She told me that she would be getting her supervisor Diana on the line. I asked her to ensure me that I would not be disconnected as the hold time was pretty intolerable. She responded that "if" that happened, her supervisor would call me back. I then asked, "why would that happen"? She responded that they had so many people in queue that it was happening a lot. If you can imagine, I was disconnected and that was an hour ago. Still no phone call from Diana. The number to get these people on the phone is 1-800-604-9575, but rest assured that once you mention an erroneous charge on your credit card the line will go dead. A lawyer for a $79.90 charge? I think an angry mob at their building would be much more effective, might even get some media attention.

• Mr
      Oct 21, 2009

I called also and no answer like a lady mentioned in one of the comments and so I called my credit card place and they disabled /closed my account so that no other charges can be made. Sighs, gonna contact radio station that had this ad and let them know what going on since it was advertized on one the breaks on the radio station so am not going to blame radio show but they need to know they being used! So sad and it sounded like a good thing to try to quit smoking sighs!

• Mr
      Oct 21, 2009

I just talked to lady at the easy saver and ect. and told her they were associated with a company scam and ect. she canceled my account and although she said I would be reimbursed I told her I had to cancel my credit card so they couldn't charge me anyway and told her to be on guard that folks are hiring lawyers and ect. and she canceled the American Leisure one also for me. I told her if she was honest and ect. that she should be on guard since she is associated with a scam company and ect. > I will survive but I feel so sorry for those in worse situation. I also do believe in what goes around comes around! If not soon they will have to answer for their deeds one way or another!

• Da
      Oct 25, 2009

I have yet to be credited for the advance charge from Smoke Assassin. The charge has been challenged, but nothing yet. I had to cancel the credit card number, as they said Smoke Assassin will try to charge again in the future. What a mess. I'll neve answer another radio ad offer again. Was also signed up for the other two trial periods, but have successfully cancelled them. I would be interested in hearing about others. I can be reached at [protected]@sc.rr.com

• De
      Nov 17, 2009

We received a shipment of refills today after the sales person said I could cancel any further shipments the day I ordered the product and told me it was canceled. I called the 800 number I found on here and spoke to a Christine in Customer Service who apologized and closed the account and stopped payment on the shipment of refills I received today. She gave me her manager's name of Steve. Now I just have to wait to make sure this did not come out of my account.

• Im
      Dec 12, 2009

The same things have happened to myself as well. In September, they promised to stop send and charging after they were approx 6 weeks late. I can not get them to quit taking my money and have not been able resolve anything!! By the way, I have not smoked since Labor day Weekend and have no desire for their products anymore.
    David -- Houston

• We
      Feb 12, 2010

Well it looks like we have all been scammed. My husband received his first shipment but he didn't want another. When the 2nd charge showed up on our credit card--product hadn't arrived yet-- I called about it. I spoke to Magenta. She told me the product had been shipped and when it arrived to send it back. They would credit our account back. A week later the product arrived and we returned it, unopened. This took place around the middle of December 09. We have not received the credit as to date (02/12/10). If a class action is started against this company, please count us in.

• Sh
      Mar 03, 2010

As my husband was ordering the smoke assasin by phone, I told him not to. Boy was I right. We placed our order and were charged $89.90 on 12/12/09. We didn't recieve the product until 1/20/10 after two phone calls. Then, our daughter tried it and of course it didn't work, so we sent it back with delivery confirmation. An R Murphy signed for it on 2/2/10 and we have called three times and no refund. I am going to file a complaint with the Maine Attorney Generals office today.