SmileDVD.co.uk / Bogus charge and rep didn't reply

People, beware that the website www.smiledvd.co.uk is total rip off. I ordered DVD Set from them, but after 2 days my card was charged and the rep from the bank informed me about it. He told that it was fraudulent charge, but they couldn’t help me. I tried to contact the seller, but of course they ignored me.These people are scammers and liars, who take money and provide nothing. Please post your comments about this company.

Pr
Aug 31, 2014

More SmileDVD.co.uk Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ho
      Sep 08, 2014

I have just received counterfeit DVDs from this company, however I have had an email from them after complaining. Currently I am waiting for another reply to further correspondence. In the meantime I have not found the site on line, which is very alarming. Taking advice from my bank to see what and if anything can be done to get my money back.

• St
      Sep 29, 2014

Agree with previous comments. I ordered a box set and when it came it was poorly copied discs. The company offered to refund minus £15 to send the discs back to China!!!. I had paid £45 for the set Spenser for Hire - which was supposed to be post free. When it eventually came to the refund they then deducted a further £10 for their supposed postal costs. The company had a co.uk address but don't be fooled! Stay well clear!!

• Hw
      Nov 15, 2014

Do not have anything to do with this company!

I ordered what was advertised as the "complete" set of 'Newhart' DVDs. They came from China, and I found they were poor copies and that there were duplicate discs included so that many of the episodes were missing. I took this up with the company and someone acting for them called Kimberley Weis told me to go through the whole collection and identify the missing episodes which would then be sent to me. This was a very time-consuming task, and it then turned out there were no discs available to send me! I was then offered a partial refund if I wanted to keep the discs I had, or a full refund if I returned the collection (to China) by registered post. I opted for the full refund. This took many weeks to come, seemed to involve some other company called ManiaDVD who processed bills, and I had to chase up the refund as well. Moreover, the refund did not include the postage/shipping charges, although these were not detailed separately on the original website order. I complained about this unclear and misleading practice, but to no avail. Pressing the matter further, they stopped answering my emails. SmileDVD has wasted much of my time and also cost me £24 in postage charges.

• Hw
      Nov 16, 2014

I ordered what was advertised as the "complete" set of 'Newhart' DVDs. Although I thought I was dealing with an American company the discs came from China. They were poor copies and also there were duplicate discs included so that many of the episodes were missing. I took this up with the company and someone acting for them called Kimberley Weis told me to go through the whole collection and identify the missing episodes which would then be sent to me. This was a very time-consuming task, and it then turned out there were no discs available to send me! I was then offered a partial refund if I wanted to keep the discs I had, or a full refund if I returned the collection (to China) by registered post. I opted for the full refund. This took many weeks to come, seemed to involve some other company called ManiaDVD who processed bills, and I had to chase up the refund as well. Moreover, the refund did not include the postage/shipping charges, although these were not detailed separately on the original website order which promised Free UK Delivery. I complained about this misleading practice, but to no avail. Pressing the matter further, they stopped answering my emails. SmileDVD has wasted much of my time and also cost me £24 in postage charges.

• Re
      Sep 23, 2015

do not buy from this company.i bought a box set of phil silvers dvds all i got was copies on ordinary blank dvds. i paid in uk pounds. it took me 3 weeks to finally get a refund. the refund was in dollars so i lost out by many pounds. i was not refunded the postage i paid to send them back.all items come from china.the girl i had contact with told me that they were an american company so why are they dealing under the name smiledvd uk.steer well clear.