Smeg / fridge freezer, hob P64, oven F170

1 North Lanarkshire, Scotland, Strathclyde, United Kingdom Review updated:

After having our smeg oven for two and a bit years it seems to be playing up! We purchased it in good spirits thinking we wouldn't have a problem... However our expectations were short lived! After it's first or second use our 'Piano" hob tarnished beyond belief...well £280 or so bucks could buy us replacements, but after spending well over £3000 odds on our hob, smeg fridge freezer and oven...we don't have that sort of change hanging around!

I'm extremely disappointed with how our range has lasted (or hasn't, more's the case).
1 - our hob has tarnished terribly after two uses
2 - our fridge leaks on a regular basis, enen after a thorough cleaning
3 - our oven's fan has given up the ghost, we now manage to heat up our meals on a normal oven setting...just about!
4 - the knobs on our oven and hob have had the plastic cracked off of them and the (attractive, ahem, white plastic) is exposed
I would recommend therefore that no-one purchase a Smeg product, for although they look lovely, they are all aesthetics and no substance!

Ke

More Smeg Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
      29th of Oct, 2008
    Smeg - Awfully stupid design
    Smeg
    smeg.com

The Smeg DF6FAB dishwasher is my first experience with Smeg... and my last. It's been designed by someone who's never seen/used a dishwasher in their lives. The wire baskets are so shallow your plates won't stand up. Cutlery basket is stupidly small.

Buyers beware!

• Be
      23rd of Jan, 2013
    Smeg - service center
    United Arab Emirates

There is no available service center of Smeg appliances in Dubai. It's impossible to buy the spare parts!
    I need thermostat for Smeg cooker (SpA 42016 Guastalla (RE), oven 3 kW). Please help to buy!
    Maria Balash