SMC / No answer
So there I was, minding my own, when my grandma calls and says that I have a letter at her house addressed to me. I go over there and open it, only to find that it's a statement from States Recovery Systems, Inc. based in California. Apparently, I owe SMC $239.77! There are a few things wrong with this...
1) I am not a member! Never have been! To prove this, I used the account and PIN numbers that the collection agency sent me on the SMC site and it doesn't work...hmm... Now, my grandma is a member, but hasn't used her membership for quite a while, so I don't know what's going on.
2) They sent it to my grandma's house and I don't even live there!
3) The last time I ordered anything from them was when I was in junior high, not even 16 yet. I am now 23 years old. Plus I used my grandma's account; again I NEVER JOINED SMC!
4) Why would they wait all these years to send a bill now? Neither my grandma or I haven't heard ANYTHING from SMC about an unpaid bill. So what the hell?
I wrote, requesting that they send me verification of my "membership". It's been two months now and I've heard nothing. Someone needs to go pull their head out. Honestly.
More SMC Complaints & Reviews
- SMC - Fraud 
- SMC - Trying to Cancel Membership 
- SMC - Scam and cheating! 
- SMC - Never told company is out of business/and have new Name 
- SMC - membership fees
- SMC - lying about what you are getting
- SMC - Not As Described
- SMC - scam 
- SMC - No way of getting visitors to your store!
- SMC - harrassing phone calls