SMC / scam

1 996 Flower Glen Street 93065Simi Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-345-4smc

I had decided to try to start a business. SMC promises so much. i joined and got the kit--which is worthless by the way. i paid $400 for the kit. (their prices range form $200-$500 for the kit, depending on how many notices they send you before you agree to join) so i get this kit, watch a DVD, read through the booklets and try to get all the info i could. it then said to call my business coach, which i would have for a whole year instead of just the 90 days. she then convinced me to spend over $5, 000 to upgrade my membership, get a gift card redemption site, catalogs, gift cards ect. asked me to call and set up the gc website with another gentleman named Justin. then through him i had to spend over another $5, 000. this was to get my website functioning, they do all the work to keep the online catalog updated throughout the year. a couple weeks later i get a phone call from a Steve Johnson at emerchant club. he wanted ocer $2, 200 to make it so my website is even better. then first time customers didnt have to use a gift card. they could pay by credit card, pay pal ect. a couple weeks later i still have no website. he calls yet again and wants more money. i explained how much money i have spent and have nothing to show for it. and how i am a single mother at the moment and cannot keep shelling out money when i dont make any. he puts me on hold and says he talked to his boss and can offer me the same package for a little less. (this is what they all did to make you feel like your getting a really good deal. i blew up at him. he said he'd call after my website was up. and he did, and of course they want more money. then i get a call from another gentleman who says my website needs work. so now i have all this money invested, a website, tons of catalogs and gift cards, but none of it works. still cant place orders, no money coming in to pay bills. i wasnt expecting to get rich, but at least be able to make a steady income like they said was possible. and not for them to drain my bank account. i have nothing now. i had registered for their website. now it tells me i am not a member. they also try to make you feel better about investing. well over $16, 000 spent and i had over $9, 000 in credit for merchandise, supp;ies or whatever. i just received an invoice the other day that i got charged $314.95 for membership/renewal fees out of my credits. (membership is supposed to be for a full year!) so now my credits are down to $7, 000.and i have no way to use them. my member number doesnt exist, but yet when these people call me they have to tell me my #. my member # is [protected]-69. (they use just the first 8).i am at my wits end and feel so heartbroken and foolish now. i have all these notebooks with so many different names and numbers for these people.but yet i cant get anywhere. please someone help!

Comments

• Fr
      26th of May, 2010

Make sure to file a formal complaint with the FTC (www.ftc.gov), the better business bureau (www.bbb.org) and also with your state's attorney general's office (just google attorney general contact info for your state).

Good luck!