SMC / Fraud

Martinsville, VA, United States Review updated:
I got a call from smc and when i was told about the good things they had to offer I thought this was a great deal...I spoke with a lady and told her i wanted to be billed the 39.95 plus tax to my credit for the next 11 months because i didnt have the full price of 315.95 up front the rep said that was fine...After i gave rep my info the call was disconnected i tried to call back and got a rude guy that said that the request never went through and it was my fault i didnt remember the womans name and he hung up on me...I called back and asked for a manager that told me that my credit card was going to be billed 315.95 within the next 2-3 days advised the supervisor at that time that is not what i requested and he promised me that it wasnt going to go through that he would cancel it and only bill me what i requested...I told the supervisor that i was concered about how i was first treated and that i didnt wish to be billed anything i didnt want anything to do with there company...Supervisor said that he understood that and would take me off the list and remove all my info out of the system...needless to say 3 days later 315.95 was took out of my account which over drew it bounced my rent check back to my landlord, two walmart checks went back...I called and was very upset they said they would refund me my money but it would take 7-10 business days and it will only be for 200.00 advised them of what i paid and they said the rest will be returned when i send them there package back that i should be getting within the next 1-2 weeks...I waited and i did get my 200.00 back like i was told...I never got my package so i called back and they said they never sent it to me! Of course i was out of my 30 days to cancel by this time frame which i didnt know until that time...So i lost 115.95 and i also was charged 32.00 overage draw fee 2 35.00 return check fee and 7 overage draw fees in total i was billed 641.95 and only got 200.00 so i was out 441.95...I also can no longer write checks at walmart and my bank canceled my account because of this and now i have to pay to have a checking account...DO NOT GO WITH THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS!
An

Comments

Bl
  1st of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Damn! I thought I had it bad at work! This sounds like some real ###. Thanks for the warning!
Br

Bridgton
Maine
Phone: 207 647 5180
groverb@ymail.com

They took 275.00 from our bank acct. without our permission. We would have never known if we hadn't taken a close look at our bank statement.Now I am playing phone tag with them trying to get our money back.Who do they think they are taking money out of peoples acct.'s with out permission.According to the complaint page they do this alot.
Am
  19th of Sep, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i am having problems with smc. they have the product in their posession and they are trying to make me pay for it. i never signed for the package. i declined the package and still they are being very ugly and vulger in the phone trying to tell me there is no way i can get a refund or stop current payments. we need to do something about this company. if anyone out there is taking action, please let me know. my email is amandameadowrj@yahoo.com
Am
  19th of Sep, 2010
WE NEED TO STOP THIS CO. BEFORE THEY RIP OFF OTHER PEOPLE AND RUIN THERE CREDIT
St
  30th of Apr, 2011
I did the smart thing by using a pre paid gift cards for when i do jobs from home that ask for an upfront payment
Tr
  26th of May, 2011

SMC - Bad service
SMC

Due to unforseen cicumstances i attempted to cancel seven days after i signed up with smc and was told by the customer service agent that she would send an e-mail to try to stop smc from taking the money out of my account but could'nt say for sure if that would stop the with drawl.

will have to let you know what happens. the only money i have coming in is thru unemployment and thats not much. i would like to have my own busniess but not at the cost of making a choice between eating and paying bills or trying a new idea.
As
  23rd of Aug, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
SMC naam se he sare madhar chood hai... sabse badi fraud comapny... extra charges bina bataye kaat lete hai customer ke gaand marte hur customer ro bhi nahi pata... aisa lagta hai jaise gaand me laal mirch dal diya ho... fatehpuri branch iss mamle me sabse aage agar koi customer padh raha ho aur uske gaand mari ho to kirpya karke dusro ko bataye.
Ag