SMC Corp / Selling Catalogs & Products

996 Flower Glen StreetSimi Valley, CA, United States Review updated:

After signing up, tried to cancel membership within cancelation period. They have numerous hoops to jump thru involving the USPS (which I complied with), and had continued to take out money from my checking account despite repeated efforts to have it halted. Eventually went to my bank and had all withdrawals stopped, but SMC refuses to acknowledge membership cancelation. They have even gone so far a to turn me over to a collection agency for over $300. They have a maze of telephone numbers that loop to nothing except a phone tree and refuse to take any positive action that will resolve the problem.

Caveat Emptor!!!

Comments

De
  22nd of May, 2008
I am so glad I read this article before I signed up with them. My husband and I were looking for a way to make extra income with a baby on the way. I saw the infomercial and I called them. Before I could even request the so called "free information", they started slapping me with the different membership plans, I was very
overwhelmed, I just wanted some information. I started to get very skeptical and the customer service rep started getting pushy, kept putting me on hold to speak with her manager to lower the price. I just wanted free information. I told her thanks for her time and hung up!
Thank you sharing your experience to help people like myself stop a disaster from happening.
Hope everything works out!!

Debbie
Ontario, Canada
Nt
  26th of Feb, 2010

SMC Corp - Tired of seeing complaints about this company
LCN
Maryland

I have been a member of SMC for over 15 yrs. I find it difficult to believe that those that have complaints against this company are completely forth right. I can't help but feel that some of the compaliners did not do their homework before getting involved. I have done very well with my buisness with SMC. you get out of it what you put into it. most of the time people want a get rich quick program or job with out putting in the real effort of getting to the top. most do not want to take the time that it takes spending money to make money. It is easier to sit back and complain instead of getting out there and doing what it takes to make a business grow. I am a single mom, disabled, with a child at home with a disability. If you look at the money "POTENTIAL" IT IS THERE. I have done " In Home Parties" and walked away with $300.00 in profit per party. DO NOT TELL ME it can not be done. Sure there is an investment and yes there are many levels of investment. you can not build a business with out it. I owned my own company for 29 years and did well but I would rather work for SMC and work smarter that work for another company and kill myself for much much less. Before you complain about this GREAT company. PUT in the hours, and effort first. Did you listen to your coach? Did you really even give it time and try? probably not.
Ch
  26th of Feb, 2010
I think you are a company shill...PROVE to us that you are doing so well, otherwise we won't believe you.

You say you are a "MOM" but you have a man's avatar.

There are much too many complaints against SMC for me to believe that they are all lazy good-for-nothings complaining about a great company. I believe these complainers have VERY legitimate complaints against SMC.

They hook you in with a small charge ($49 to $69) with no mention of what is to follow, then, before you get a chance to review the materials, they come after you for several thousand dollars for an "UPGRADE" and, of course, NO REFUNDS!

So, my conclusion, is that it is a DAMN SCAM!!!
Sa
  26th of Mar, 2010

SMC Corp - Tired of seeing complaints about this company
smc corp

dont buy, dont do it, it will be the worst mistake of your life. When u phone to cancel they are snotty and it sounds like its coming out of their own pocket. The products aRE CRAP. gO TO THE LOONEY STORE AND BUY THEM ITS CHEAPER. sorry bout writing im really mad. dont get involved folks it will cost you dearly
Ni
  21st of Jul, 2016

SMC Corp - those are thieves
SMC Corp

those are thieves, they took my money and i didn't make no money from that poorly built website with low quality products, as if it were not enough, they kept charging my credit card every month... can you believe that?... i know joining that company was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my whole life. run run away from them, i was frustrated and had to change my credit cards so they can stop charging them and at the end, my membership was cancelled... this company needs to be sued. they are thieves. someone has to do something ...