SMC Corp. / Scam advertisement!

996 Flower Glen St.Simi Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
4.75
SMC claims there support will help you set up your company, however they do not, know how and will not go into local and state laws andor what permits you may need state to state, there support consists of selling you stuff to make you believe you on your way to making big money. They set you up with a internet store, Now I have a internet store for people to come to they are very expensive, I got just the plain jane store and it will cost me between 400 and 1600 dollar to upgrade. They place you on google and yahoo search. but when I looked it was like on 3 rd page.

In oct I joined Smc corp, knowing I would be moving in Nov, but the rep for SMC said she would update info and start when i got moved in,. I lost 2 weeks of support because this was not done. I called SMC in late Nov because I hadn't heard anything, I was told that my account was not updated. So they set me up with a coach remember 12 weeks of free coaching, lol.

This means u must make appointments with them , in doing this there had been several calls never returned, and at 1 point my support person was on vacation and never let anyone know or made a attempt to have someone else fill in , and I lost 2 weeks there. In asking her she replied I deserve my 2 weeks vacation , My reply was I deserve my support also and not to get left in dark. Oh I am sorry she said no wonder I can't find you , your account was moved to a different agent.

I asked how this happened ? I am not in my 6 weeks, she said yes your support started in Oct. when you signed. So beware, 12 weeks of support is not 12 weeks on daily training, you may wait until the coach besides they have time to contact you.

Now 27 days left - I was called by Natalie from smc and was told to contact her that I had 27 days left on my account, I tried to call her 4 times left messages all 4 times and she never bothered to call back. Follow through. -- Several times I have emailed, called for support, and never got a reply. I had 2 times out of 12 weeks contacted my support person, 1 is to pay in full, and the other is mentioned above.

The ads claim to make you rich and the person who does this has been a household name for years and this is a shame they put there name on something like this, and rip people off.
Va

Comments

Ga
  3rd of Jul, 2009
I've been with SMC for a little over 90 days. I've been able to make contact with my so called support person however that was completely pointless. The only thing that the buisness coach told me was to upgrade my package. Other then that nothing was ever said. Everything that you do with SMC you will have to do on your own. I found the gift card site to be a complete joke as did the individuals that viewed my site. On top of that your site is not submitted to search engines so traffic is all on you.

I do understand that the economy is doing awful however I do feel that they jack up the price on shipping charges. Over all this company is nothing but a rip off. Maybe that comment was a little harsh but when you consider the comments they make on the commericials versus the effort that's actually given by SMC, rip off fits perfect.

I my opinion save your money and do avon or something.
Do
  8th of Jul, 2009
Yes I agree and as before the joke is on all of us it just isn't funny. A suit is needed.
Do
  8th of Jul, 2009
You know lawyers will sue a pharmacy company for a medicine that makes 2000 people sick, I would figure we are 50 times that number we should qualify for class action.
Pr
  12th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
SMC is a scam. We were offered a free 30 day trial with our package, continuing at about 30 bucks a month after that. They failed to explain that before anyone can get on the site, YOU have to buy gift certificates and either sell or give them away free to potential customers. People cannot surf the net and get on your site. They HAVE to have one of these gift certificates before they can view your site! I was given a password to get on the site, but the password didn't work, so I never saw what the site looked like. When I talked to the coach who was assigned to me, all she wanted to talk about was updating my web site. All I wanted to talk about was cancelling the web site. SMC kept charging my credit card for months, although I had a very lengthy phone conversation telling the coach I did not want the web siteand wanted to cancel it, because I thought it was crazy to have to buy these gift certificates before my customers could use the site. I don't pay the bills, so it took me awhile to catch what they were doing. When I caught it, I called to try and tried to get my money refunded. First I was told there was no recording of my conversation with the coach. Then I was told the coach does not work for SMC, but rather a company owned by SMC. What a scam. I explained to them that the coach was appointed to me by SMC, and worked for the company owned by SMC. They tried telling me since the company was not SMC, the coach was not responsible for transfering my request to cancel the website to SMC. This is the only person I was dealing with, and I never had any idea the coach did not work for SMC. After all, they had appointed her to me! Finally, after several conversations, the recording which did not exist was amazingly found. The call had been a lengthy one, with my entire focus on canceling the web site, while she kept trying to get more money out of me by buying these gift certificates. The next person I talked to from SMC said she listened to the entire recording and never heard me cancel the website. She said the coach had been trying to sell me a new and different web site, and that is what I had been telling her to cancel. Anyway, I never got any money back, and I no longer do business with SMC. I don't think you'll be happy with this company, but if you still want to try it, watch out for this scam, because I get the impression this is done daily.
Kk
  26th of Jul, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I started smc about 2 months ago. i didn't get my whole package for a month, They are charging me 40 dollars a month for memb fee and 30 dollars for an internet site witch is worthless cause i don't even have a URL were people can look at my items and buy from there, I told them not to charge my account because I'm going to cancel it and they charged my account anyway. i returning this stupid thing and sending them a letter that they have to sign. and if they charge my account after i send this crap back i will take them to court and sew them for all they got!!!
As
  5th of Sep, 2010
I could never access my online account because they told me my payments were behind and sent me to collections even after I FAXED them my back statements for the months they insisted I never paid. I closed my business account at the end and SMC sent me a collections notice for the final payment. PAYMENT for service and help I NEVER recieved from them. I also could never get in touch with a coach. I had to loose over $8, 000 in sales because I could never order from them. I filed a complaint with the BBB and no word from either of them.
Er
  6th of Sep, 2010
I too feel that SMC is a scam. I signed up with a contract that costs around $40 per month and haven't sold enough items yet to recover the cost of membership, by the way it has been almost a year of paying the membership fee. Another thing, the merchandise cost is too steep to get customers interested in making a purchase. Instead of having the support promised, you are left on your own while they get their money or ruin your credit by reporting it to credit bureaus. I can kick myself for waiting for that turning point to make money. YES! I have allowed myself to be SCAMMED! E.JOHNSON
St
  6th of Sep, 2010
Yes here is another complaint on SMC!!! Having been with them for about 1 and 1/2 years I find that they are nothing but a very BIG SCAM!!! Have sunk about $10, 000 into the Co. I have not had any of the support That they promise!!! Have been online the whole time And have not received a single hit accept on Craigs List and another classified site that has been sold 2 time since I pull my ads... All SMC is interested in is selling more sites that do not work for mocho denaro... I did get back $3582.00 From the flash doorway site.. They tried not to give it back but they had to because of the way they had the fine print worded... They will not provide any help on how to make the site work or anything to do with it... Was note offered any help past my first coach... Have about $3200.00 invested in merchindise and have ONLY SOLD 3 ITEMS SINCE I ENROLLED... And 2 of those were at a discount at Flea Markets... SMC SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! Did I say SCAM????? Yes I will be right there to help file a class action law suite Name Raymond Andrews
375 County Road 496
Lexington, Al. 35648
Phone 256 648 9040
Ej
  10th of Sep, 2010
I have been with SMC For 3 months now and I have put over $500.00 into it. I was not told about the monthly fee for the website. I just seen it on my statement. If any body is doing a class action law suite I would like to be a part of it too.
Evelyn Jackson
27 Rosewood Ct.
Millbrook, AL 36054
334-285-3633
Co
  25th of Sep, 2010
This company has bad ethics and needs to be sued. They sell there products for about the price of amazon. They force you to stay a member after 30 days. Who does that? When you have to force your members to stay, somethings wrong with your business model.

Tell your story on www.smcscam.com, website dedicated to helping people avoid this headache.
Ly
  17th of Mar, 2011
Well I just got my kit and I am getting my first call from my coach tomorrow and I'm a little bit worried about even starting this business. I'm disabled and can't afford to be screwed out of any little bit of money at all. I already read all the good stuff before I came to this site to read what all of you had to say and to hear what all of you had to say is very important especially the one that has been with them 11/2 yrs already and still hasn't cancelled. Well I'm cancelling tomorrow when I get the phone call. Thanks for all of your input. Good Luck to all of you.
Jo
  6th of Apr, 2011
Yesterday (04/04/2011) I talked to Sid MaLaughlin at SMC. He really pressured me to sign up. When I told him that I do not cave in to pressure selling he said he would give me a $100 break and my gold membership will cost $300.00 instead of $400.00 if I signed up then. I still said that I need a few days to do my research and to think about it. Then he reluctantly agreed that if I call him in the following two days he would still honor the discounted $300.00 offer. Then I looked into /link removed/ site and found 406 complaints against SMC. They were really bad. I found also this site. Ditto. So today (03/05/2011) I called him back and told him that I would pass, I read the myriads of complaints on /link removed/ site. He got a bit agitated and told me that the site owner is a felon and the whole site is a ripoff itself. He said that Walmart has 60, 000 complaints so "now you will not shop at Walmart?". Mr McLaughlin missed the point. I do not give a hoot about who owns the /link removed/ site. What I care about is the specific complaints of specific individuals who had specific bad experiences with SMC. I have experience with companies like this and once I entered a complaint against a company which piqued their attention. In any case i am happy that I did not sign up. You should not either if you read this before signing up. Good luck to you all!