SmartSmoker.com / Beware of these scam artists!

SmartSmoker - www.smartsmoker.com

I placed an order on smartsmoker.com for three cartons of newports for only $99 and thought what a great deal but then my card was declined and there was a message on the screen that stated if you find this an error hit the back button and review info and try again, so that is what i did and it said card was declined again so i just logged off and said forget it. That is until two days later when i look online at my bank account and there is two charges for $99 from smartsmoker.com. I called them and they stated that they did not charge my card and it was declined. I explained to the girl that the money was being taken out of my account and i wanted to know if they were going to send me the newports. The girl put me on hold and came back to tell me that they would not be sending any products because the card was declined. I asked her if the card was declined why were they taking my money. She stated they didnt take my money they did not receive payment and that i could fax them a copy of my bank statement and they would see what they could do. I asked to speak to the supervisor and was put on hold again, only to be told that the supervisor didnt need to speak to me because she would just be telling the same thing this girl was telling me(which was i made a $200 donation to smartsmoker.com)and they could not do or tell me anything else until they received the bank statement. She also told me not to call until 72 hours after i faxed the statement. I am enraged these people have taken my money and are telling me they did not and i have to jump through hoops to get it back. Thank god i am not broke or i would have a load of bank charges for them charging me not only once but twice. If they say they do not have my money i wonder who does. I would not suggest doing business with these scam artists.

Va

More SmartSmoker.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Do
      9th of Oct, 2007

Consumers beware ! Do not order from this company. Think your saving a lot of money, well you are wrong! This company will report you to your state for taxes, and not right away they must get a kick back from the state because they wait until two or more years have past then they send your invoices to the state and then the state tags you with a huge tax bill that you must pay. Also they tax you per pack! Notice when you go on line they say nothing about the tax only how cheap their prices are.

What I want to know is what's the difference if I go there and buy the cigarettes or if they come in the mail? I live in a state that is smoke free just about every where you go so if I can't smoke in my own state why should I buy the cigarettes here ?
    Whats to say about the people coming over to N.J. to buy the gas here because we have the cheapest? It is the same thing isn't it?
    The goverment is taking way too much money from the little people that are just trying to make a living and trying to save money where they can! They need to tell you about the taxes up front and not 3 years later!

• Wo
      26th of Apr, 2008

I was planning to order cigarattes today from SmartSmoker. So glad I read the complaints first. I'll advise all my smoking friends not to use this web site. Thanks!

• Ba
      11th of May, 2008

i just got a tax bill for $575.00 from the ohio department of taxation.why didnt smartsmoker tell us that they were reporting people to the department? if i had known, i would not have bought anything from them. and i sure wont again...

• Ju
      18th of Aug, 2008

I am a very heavy smoker. I usually smoke between two and half to three packs a day of Newport 100's. I live in Illinois where the smoking laws are the most dumbest laws around. You cant smoke inside anyplace, they enacted a law that requires cigarette makers to produce a FSC or fire safety cigarette, that are awful and the tax the hell out of you. So I drive to Indiana once a week and stock up with 3 cartons. I am glad I read this about this company, I was planning on trying them but now I wont.

• Pa
      16th of Sep, 2008

SmartSmoker is currently not required to collect state sales tax for products sold on Native land. Nonetheless, we are required under federal law to report all sales and shipments of cigarettes to the state taxing authority within your home state. You should contact the taxing authority within your state to determine your tax obligation on the use of these products within your state. LINKS TO STATES TAX DEPARTMENTS

• Pa
      17th of Sep, 2008

The comment above, I copied and pasted from their website. I was not aware about the tax issues until I read your comments. I guess i need to look into it a little more.

• Su
      26th of Sep, 2008

i purchase the cigs sky dancer ultra lights 100 and when i smoke them they taste like glue please do not send me ant more this is the 3rd time.The glue is making me sick

Susan Haskins

• Pe
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I have been smoking Sky Dancers and the filters didn't bother me until recently~they have a powdery inhaled taste that makes me cough instantly as if I am inhaling some sort of chemical residue which appears to be from the sky dancer light 100's filter as I have broken the filter off and they seem to not have the same residual taste alone.
    I dont buy mine, however, from Smart smoker.com ~ i buy elsewhere thru mail order. peg

• P0
      10th of Nov, 2009

I ordered smart smoker for the agreed amount of one payment of $9.99 when i received my credit card statement not only was i charged for 9.99 but also$ 111.08 i am furious and can not contact this company if anyone can give me a tell# would appreciate it
    DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
    jpbrisk10@yahoo.ca

16th of Nov, 2009

BEWARE SMARTSMOKERUSA.COM AND/OR SMARTSMOKER.COM is a SCAM. There are five pages of complaints, all the same you order the starter kit for 9.95 but the so-called company takes 99.99 minimum from your bank account. This time they cheated the wrong person! Having been in the legal field for 25 plus years, I'm going after them. I've filed a complaint with the Attorney General for my state, the BBB and am in the process of instituting a lawsuit, which probably should be a class action suit because NOWHERE ON THE SITE, NOWHERE IN ANY LITERATURE WHATSOEVER is there any indication that once you receive your starter kit, if you don't contact the company within 10 days, you're charged 99.99, there is no end agreement, no small print no where to find this information but you can get your money refunded by your bank once the 99.99 charge hard posts to your account. Keep your receipt for 9.95, take it to your bank once amount has been withdrawn and the bank will refund your money and contact smartsmoker to return the funds to the bank. If the bank can't find the physical process service address, I'll find it eventually and if you would like to join in my fight against this scam please contact me at eyelikecandy@q.com - I'll be happy to advise you on how to proceed to get your money back. THIS IS A SCAM, THIS IS FRAUD AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL NOT STAND FOR SUCH UNDERHANDED TACTICS - AT LEAST THIS CONSUMER WON'T!!! GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP. MA ROBERTS

21st of Nov, 2009

I too fell for their con. I ordered on the phone on November 13th. I have yet to receive my kit. I called the number they had given me, 866-700-8565, and reached the supervisors desk for a call center but they do not sell this brand. He told me to call on Monday from 9-5 and he thinks there is a side group or something that is running this operation. My 10 days expire tomorrow (it's 10 days from order not rcpt), I have not received anything from them yet, my card was charged the $9.95 and I've no doubt they will charge my card by Monday for the 99.95. I'm going to call my bank and prey they can stop the charge from happening. I don't know why I fell for this...I always tell them no or check the internet first. Plus if you look at the web site's terms and conditions, by filling out the web form and ordering, they authorize themselves to divulge ALL information you gave them: phone, address, e-mail and name. Web address is www.getsmartsmoker.com

22nd of Nov, 2009

You know what is sad? On this very page are 3 ads for the saqme product we are all complaining about. I can't believe they are excepting add revenu from them. Now do I trust this site?

22nd of Nov, 2009

OMG here we go again! The adds are everywhere! They all lead back to the same thing. Some have "customer" comments with all these awsome accolades how fantastic it is, so I hit the bottom to leave my own comment (warning) and the comments are closed due to "spamming". Go figure right? Ok, no more comments here.

• Ba
      26th of Nov, 2009

Smartsmok.com and getsmartsmoker.com are to totally different companys. getsmartsmoker is a total scam as they offer the starter pack for electronic ciggs and then charge you even more later .. you need to read the fine print. Smart Smoke does report your sales to the state inwhich you live each month. It is the law and it states this on the web site and on the bottom of evey invoice you receive from ordering. It is a federal law. Now what a persons home state does with this information is up to the state. you can file with the tax department your self and pay the required taxes on a regular basis instead or waiting for your state to get around to sending you a bill. Most times the states wait a year or so before they send out the tax bills . Im am unsure as to why they do this. There ae taxes on every thing. It public knowledge that tobacco has taxes. the reporting of these taxes is a federal law called the jenkins act.

• Bo
      4th of Dec, 2009

Smartsmoker changed my credit card 99.99 and i never ordered any thing from them. Just the free sample pack.

• Be
      22nd of Dec, 2009

I too was scammed they billed my account for 99.99 and they were suppose to charge only 9.99 if you cancel which we did.. The phone number that we had for them is now disconnected.. Our bank account is a mess with all kinds of insufficiant funds from this... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

• 1t
      29th of Dec, 2009

We too have been scammed by them and are out our 99.99. We changed our bank account and have it frozen so they can't take anymore!! We got the starter pack for 9.99 which we didn't even receive until 3 weeks later and they charged our bank account . We had no idea they were even going to do that because we didn't authorize anything. That's why our account is frozen and getting a new account and cards. We found out too late to stop them by 2 hours. We are interested in filing a complaint too. We've been trying to contact them with no luck. Hopefully we will all win and that company will pay fines or go to jail!!!

• Er
      31st of Dec, 2009

Smart Smoker my ###!!! Thieves. Free trial, Bull Crap!!! Do your homework. its worth it.

• Do
      4th of Jan, 2010

After several weeks of E-mail battles between Smart Smoker and I they have agreed to return the Toy they sent me and refund the 99.99. Yes it is in there text Buried... You are not given enough time to truly evaluate this product and after testing it, it serves no purpose, and is useless. I have forwarded complaints to the BBB as well as my States Attorney General. Unless they change there way of conduct of doing business in this way, they are in for a long battle with unsatified customers.!

• To
      6th of Jan, 2010

They charged my card for 99.99 +2.99 before I ever received the 9.95 trial offer. Their phone # is a hoax and nobody responds to emails. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Product is a piece of JUNK. Thieves, crooks. DO NOT GET MIXED UP WITH THESE THIEVES.