SmartSavingsCenter.com / FRAUD

1 Boca Raton, FL, 33481 - 0365PO Box 810365, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-511-6538.

I can not find my order, but I believe it was a book for $11.29 10/2008. Turns out htey have been charging me $29.95 every month. It has taken me several months to figure out this scam. I feel cheated and stupid for not catching on to them earlier. I am contacting the Attorney General office.

Ju

Comments

• Bo
      12th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a DVD on line and paid for it, and then was charged a monthly fee of 14.95 for no reason. I called them and to try and dispute this all it lead to was me being on hold for about 45 minutes and them not answering. Some one needs to do something about these people, it's amazing people can get away with stuff like this.

12th of Mar, 2009

FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF AND STOLEN FROM BY SMARTSAVINGSCENTER.COM, YOU CAN COMPLAIN - AND SHOULD - TO BOTH THE STATE OF FLORIDA [CONSUMER COMPLAINTS] AS WELL AS TO THE GOVERNMENT'S INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER AT WWW.IC3.GOV - WHICH IS A DIVISION OF THE FBI AS WELL AS THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AT 1.850-488-2221
    LET'S SEE THIS CRIME SHOP BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS AND PEOPLE PUT IN JAIL.
    christpatriot@gmail.com

• Ge
      16th of Apr, 2009

I'm in in San Francisco Bay Area. Ordered a sale DVD for $5.00 early March from Hotmoviesale.com Certain that checkout did not include any other charges. When tranaction concluded-received SPAM emails "welcoming" me to SmartSavingsCenter. Do not ignore this SPAM. It declares you will be charged $1.00 after three days & enrolls you as a member without your consent or intervention. I was later debited $29.95 twice & $1.00 four times before I caught the fraud on my bank statements. If you order anything from them the fine print on the invoice is from SmartSavingsCenter saying your membership has begun and they actually deduct these fees once they have your credit card information BEFORE your merchandise arrives. Complaints to their Customer Service Dept. were met with rude impertinence & rationalizations in one word: "membership"-what their reps parrot to thousands of callers. I closed that Master Card & switched checking accounts after alerting my bank to the fraud. But something must be done about this criminal enterprise. Only wish I knew of these posts before ordering from them-but caution is hereby urged for anyone reading this. The FTC recommends contacting Miami's Better Business Bureau but this sham enterprise must feel heat from as many quarters as possible.

• Ge
      16th of Apr, 2009

Southeast Florida's Better Business Bureau has assigned SmartSavingsCenter.com an "F" rating . This rating should become flagged by one's ISP toolbar before clicking on any "discount " transaction--it may be a shadow front for them, whether books, DVDs computer games, etc. HotMovieSale & SmartSavingsCenter.com must be declared fraudulent by any means--this "F" rating is a good start

• Al
      4th of May, 2009

Please do not buy anything from SmartSavingsCenter, LLC, SmartSavingsCenter.com, hotmoviesale.com, This is my story of a very frustrating day I had yesterday that included 3 hours on the phone. I bever check my online statement. Now, that I was Lid Off from work I decided to check my bills to see where can I cut expenses. And I noticed this charge from SmartSavingsCenter.com for amounts that vary from $9.99 to $29.99 every month for the last 2 years. Yes, the last two years. I'm reporting this to the authorities, and I'm contacting DATELINE, the TV show to initiate an investigation. I will be happy to see these ### scammers put in jail and out of business. I also reported them to the BBB in Florida and WA where their domain is registered. Stay away from these ###. By the way, it is very hard to get them on the phone. They will do anything to avoid you.

• Af
      17th of May, 2011

Thiefs! Probably no one will see these complaints until it's too late, just as I did. They are thiefs and scam artists, do yourself a favor and do not do business with them. It's the same complaint that everyone else has entered. I bought a DVD online and was automatically and without my knowledge or permission, signed up with these ###. They charged my CC $19.95 a month for their WORTHLESS service.