Smartlidz / Never received card, check was cashed!

$10 purchase is $30 shipping and charged right away. They don't disclose it. No telephone number and no email contact. And - PRODUCT NEVER ARRIVED!

Comments

• Wi
      12th of Mar, 2008

I used the contact number to call I wanted to try and place an order over the phone , the only responce I received was to put in the number that was used to make the original order . I never ordered before so there you go ! What I've decided to do now , before I order anything from internet is to call the contact number and get all info price , s&h charges before ordering ( I'll bet you 100 to 1 they hang up as soon as I say I don't have a credit card they will hang right up )

24th of Mar, 2008

My wife ordered one of their "TV special" scams which should have been $10 = S&h...upon competion of their online order the charges came to $108.00!!!
    She IMMEDIATELY called them to cancel the order, and was assured the it would, in fact, be cancelled & her account would be credited within 48 hrs! Two days lter, after checking with the bank, (no credit given) a follow-up call was made, and she was told that nobody cancelled the order, and it was too late to do anything, as it had already been shipped!!! Who can these people be reported to????

• Ca
      14th of Apr, 2008
    Smartlidz - OVERCHARGING
    SMARTLIDZ
    WWW.SMARTLIDZ.COM

ADVERTISED: BUY ONE FOR $10 AND GET ONE FREE + separate Shipping at $7.95. They charged me $20 for 2 plus $31.00 for shipping totalling $51.00 and notified me upon confirmation that my credit card was already charged this amount. No way to contact them to cancel. I called my credit card company to cancel the item and found out I have to wait for them to charge me to dispute. This is fraudulent!!!

• Do
      17th of Apr, 2008
    Smartlidz - smartlidz overcharging for shipping
    smartlidz
    P.O. Box 129
    Tarrytown
    New York
    Phone: 920-966-6600
    www.buysmartlidz.com

When ordering on line they misled me about shipping and handling charges. for a $10.00 product they charged $24.95 in s&h charges and I could not reverse the order or back out of it until it was too late. There was no way to contact them. They do not alow you to speak to a customer service person.

29th of Apr, 2008

I ordered two sets of smart lids and was charged $47.70 for shipping and handling. That is outrageous
    They don't disclose there shipping prices they just get you on the bogo.

• Re
      5th of May, 2008

Not only do they mislead you about shipping and handling. You can not return them either. In order to return them you need a reference number to get from customer service. Good luck on anyone being able to talk to any customer service. As for the lids, I tried them and they are not as easy as they look to operate. After you push down to vacuum seal good luck on pushing the button for it to release. Just wait a few minutes and it releases itself. As far as I'm concerned this is a scam. I will never purchase anything from this chef again. That includes his knife set too. It's all a scam. So everyone reading this don't waste your time or money purshasing anything from him. I'm sure I'm not the only one that got screwed here either.

• Je
      21st of May, 2008

DON'T DO IT... ABSOLUTE SCAM! THEY SENT LIDS EVEN THOUGH I HAD HUNG UP WITH THEM... THEY KEPT ON GOING AND GOING. SENT 20.00 IN MERCHENDISE AND CHARGED ME 48.00 IN SHIPPING. I have turned them in to the fraud department and am making a complaint to the better business burea. What a complete and total scam.

• Li
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I agree with you I ordered 3 sets for 30.00 and they charged me 52.65 in shipping and handeliing, also charged my credit card almost immediately. And you are right I want to send them back but cannot get a hold of customer service.

• Pa
      9th of Oct, 2008

I agree that they overcharge on the postage. Plus the lids NO NOT work. They work for a little while but then that's it. Foil would work so much better. I would not recommend this product to anyone. It stinks.

• Ti
      30th of Oct, 2008

I am so glad I checked complaints first on this item. I saw the ad on TV and called. I was confused over the shipping and handling charges and wanted to see if I could just order one set and skip the second if they were going to charge me extra for shipping a second set. I could NOT get ahold of a live person! I was so frustrated but was enticed enough by the commercial that I decided to do an on line search of the item and all I read are complaints! At least on line it confirmed my suspicion that they would charge the extra shipping and handling for a so-called "free" item.

• Za
      30th of Oct, 2008
    Smartlidz - false advertising
    SmartLidz
    Utah
    Phone: 866-608-8635
    SmarLidz.com

TV ad is deceptive. Product is advertised as $10 + ship & Handling. S&H price is not revealed. Free set is offered at S&H price only.

Result of my order was $25.90 instead of come-on price of $10. To add insult to original deception, upon telephoning Smart Lidz I found quite by accident they had another order (which I did not place) on back order at another $15.95.

Product has not arrived and upon asking if I could refuse delivery, they said yes, buy I would still owe them $7.95 shipping & handling of $17.95 ($10 plus $7.95 + $7.95).

The Federal Trade Commission should investigate this vendor, but they seem to have all their bases covered...probably thanks to attorneys they hired.

25th of Nov, 2008

we really got ripped off, 71.00 for shipping, nightmare, beware
    smartliz will fail you, but they will get rich

• Kb
      30th of Dec, 2008
    Smartlidz - false advertising
    smartlidz
    smartlidz.com

The product does not work well at all. But most importantly they do not make it clear what you will be paying for P&H, then charge a riduculous amount for the P&H!! They charged 30.80$ for a 20$ order!! I tried to email them and did not get a responce and I tried to call and could not get a person on the phone.