Smart Style / horrible hair cut

1 340 NORMAN DRValdosta, GA, United States Review updated:

This is the email that i have written to smart style if you want pictures i can email them to you I will update with the customer service i recieve when they contact me maybe it was just a fluke and the girl was having a bad day.

I went into one of your locations in Valdosta Georgia the afternoon of December, 8 2007 to get my split ends trimmed. I explained exactly what I wanted I wanted my split ends trimmed and the lower level of my layers cut, nothing done to the top even if I had split ends. Because of the fact I was trying to get the layers out and didnt want the top part of my hair cut at all. Well as always they turned the chair away from the mirror and went to work assuming the lady cutting my hair was a professional I relaxed and let her cut my hair then she styled it. Then turned me around, and I was shocked all of my hair was gone I ended up with my hair up to my ears. With it shorter in the back then in the front and she had it styled with my hair sticking up, so I asked her if I could hold the hair brush so I could part my hair in the middle as I always do. so I did that to see if maybe it would work well of course it didnt my hair is basically gapped up on one side and the other side was not as bad on the left side where my hair parts in the middle its only about a inch long so it sticks up after that layer there is another one that the hair is about 2 inches long so yea my hair is something horrible so my husband paid for the hair cut while I walked out and cried over my hair and continued to cry well the next morning I got up looked up the number to my local smart style which is in Perry Florida and called and spoke to the manager there and she told me to come in to see what she could do so I went in and she looked at my hair and said there was nothing she could do she tried to straighten it to where maybe the layers would lay down and that wouldnt work so she told me to speak with customer service because there is no correcting it due the fact the left side is missing so much hair and the right side is normal my hair is naturally very curly and I straighten it well I have spent all day trying different styles to try to figure something out the only thing that doesnt make my hair stick up is wearing a head band in my hair which I dont do I never wear my hair back or with bands or anything my hair is always down so now me being a grown professional I have to wear my hair back in a hair band as my 5 year old daughter does I would like for your company to fix my hair and the only way to do that is going to be extensions the manager at the local smart style said that I really need to speak to customer service because she has never seen a cut so bad not even in beauty school so please lets get this taken care of in a timely manner I do not plan on my hair being like this for more than a couple of days . Enclosed are some pictures taken with my cell phone but I would be more than happy to have the local manager take better pictures of my hair to send to you.

Va

Comments

8th of Jul, 2009

I have recently visited this salon at walmart rapid city, sd on lacrosse and purchased some shampoo and conditioners on the 4th of july and again on the 5 th of july but a different set . I went to the store on the 6th of july to return these items because i felt alittle guilty of paying a higher price for something like shampoos and conditioners . Also i have very naturally thick hair and i felt like i had more luck using a cheaper shampoo and conditioner, im also pregnant and am trying to find stuff alittle more in my price range . I shouldve never went and got stuff to begin with but thought i'd give it a try and nothing worked . Anyways when i went in to return my items i was waiting at the cashier desk for a good 5 min and there were stylists there but no one to help me . Finally a lady came by and before i even had a chance to explain what i was there for, she literally humilated me in front of the sylists and told me i wasn't welcome in her salon and that i was getting a refund on any of my items i returned, and that she would just take my stuff and throw it away !!! I told her fine i don't want a refund but i also didn't want this shampoo and conditioner bottles to just sit in my cabinet and take up space, she still wouldn't listen and said not to come back unless i really no what i want and that i can't no by one time use whether i like something or not .I beleive it was the manager, i didn't get her name but she had boycut hair and was blonde and alittle older then the other stylists . I have been to this salon awhile back and returned stuff like one time though and that was it, but she kept telling me i return way to much products, which is a lie cause this was my second time . I will never go back to this salon ever, i already had my mind made up not to use salon products before i even went back ther, they just don't work for me but the manager didn't have to be so dam rude !!! She has literally made it a bad experience .

this salon is located in rapid city, sd at walmart .