Smart Style Hair Salon / a horrible hair cut from smart style

1 340 Norman DrValdosta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (229) 259-0555

this is the email that i have written to smart style if you want pictures i can email them to you I will update with the customer service i receive when they contact me maybe it was just a fluke and the girl was having a bad day

I went into one of your locations in Valdosta Georgia the afternoon of December, 8 2007 to get my split ends trimmed. I explained exactly what I wanted I wanted my split ends trimmed and the lower level of my layers cut, nothing done to the top even if I had split ends. Because of the fact I was trying to get the layers out and didn't want the top part of my hair cut at all. Well as always they turned the chair away from the mirror and went to work assuming the lady cutting my hair was a professional I relaxed and let her cut my hair then she styled it. Then turned me around, and I was shocked all of my hair was gone I ended up with my hair up to my ears. With it shorter in the back then in the front and she had it styled with my hair sticking up, so I asked her if I could hold the hair brush so I could part my hair in the middle as I always do. so I did that to see if maybe it would work well of course it didn't my hair is basically gapped up on one side and the other side was not as bad on the left side where my hair parts in the middle its only about a inch long so it sticks up after that layer there is another one that the hair is about 2 inches long so yea my hair is something horrible so my husband paid for the hair cut while I walked out and cried over my hair and continued to cry well the next morning I got up looked up the number to my local smart style which is in Perry Florida and called and spoke to the manager there and she told me to come in to see what she could do so I went in and she looked at my hair and said there was nothing she could do she tried to straighten it to where maybe the layers would lay down and that wouldn't work so she told me to speak with customer service because there is no correcting it due the fact the left side is missing so much hair and the right side is normal my hair is naturally very curly and I straighten it well I have spent all day trying different styles to try to figure something out the only thing that doesn't make my hair stick up is wearing a head band in my hair which I don't do I never wear my hair back or with bands or anything my hair is always down so now me being a grown professional I have to wear my hair back in a hair band as my 5 year old daughter does I would like for your company to fix my hair and the only way to do that is going to be extensions the manager at the local smart style said that I really need to speak to customer service because she has never seen a cut so bad not even in beauty school so please let's get this taken care of in a timely manner I do not plan on my hair being like this for more than a couple of days . Enclosed are some pictures taken with my cell phone but I would be more than happy to have the local manager take better pictures of my hair to send to you.

Va

Comments

• Mu
      11th of May, 2009

No doubt, I understand you and it happen to my hair also. From my understanding is smartstyle pay them very cheapest equal event minimum wage. So most of hair style list works for Smartstyle is just graduate and have no experience and don't event know to do the hair cut. My hair cut is serviced from manager, She did my hair like hell and not willing listen to me what I want to do with my hair. She just cut what she want to her ideas. That's rediculous

• Re
      9th of May, 2010

Well, the above comment is not true. Smartstyle stylists are paid the best in the industry. there are good stylists everywhere...as well as bad ones, .

23rd of Jan, 2011

loooool, paid the best in the industry? 7.30 per hour( minimum wage), and if you can make commission... 40 % and no hourly pay! No, and no that is an awful pay rate for a stylist, especially when you clean shelves, restock, mop and sweep, run the front desk, answer phones, do laundry, hand out coupons and check out products on top of it all! No excusing that awful cut you got, and I hope they make it right for you! But for every good stylist there are also the bad ones, who do not listen and or just inexperienced or dont care. I do hope they make it right! and boy am I glad i got out of there! now I make what I should!

• Sl
      17th of Mar, 2013
    Smart Style Hair Salon - messed my hair

I also got a very bad cut from walmart salon. The sign read cut and style. I left with a wet head. I had told her three different times how I wanted my hair cut. She cut three different times and never got it. I have never had this problem before. I have cried and been laughed at by my husband. He told me I looked ugly and he was humuliated to be seen with me. He told me to fix it or he would divorce me because I am ugly. I am going to find someone who can fix it today. He told me good luck looking pretty without me drinking a couple of cans of beer. I had very long hair before I entered there and it is up to my neck now. She wouldn't let me watch while cutting. I will NEVER go to one again and I will tell everyone I can how bad a cut I got.I should have know when she asked if I would pay in cash. I gave her a $20.00 bill. When I she stopped cutting she went in the back and didn't come out for a long time. I figured she was finished because she took the cape off. When she came back I ask about the drying she said I couldn't use it. What ??? My husband just took my arm before I could get mad. He walked to the cash register so she could give our change and she then went to the back part again. My husband followed her and told her she must need it so just keep the change. We both know that money never made it to the cash register. I was traveling so I cannot go back there, but I will call and complain.

• Sl
      27th of Jul, 2016
    Smart Style Hair Salon - messed my my hair.

I also got a very bad cut from walmart salon. The sign read cut and style. I left with a wet head. I had told her three different times how I wanted my hair cut. She cut three different times and never got it. I have never had this problem before. I have cried and been laughed at by my husband. He told me that I looked ugly and that he was ashamed to be seen with me. He told me that if i did not get it fixed he would divorce me. I am going to find someone who can fix it today. My husband wished me good luck and said that perhaps a couple of beers will make me look pretty. I had very long hair before I entered there and it is up to my neck now. She wouldn't let me watch while cutting. I will NEVER go to one again and I will tell everyone I can how bad a cut I got.I should have know when she asked if I would pay in cash. I gave her a $20.00 bill. When I she stopped cutting she went in the back and didn't come out for a long time. I figured she was finished because she took the cape off. When she came back I ask about the drying she said I couldn't use it. What ??? My husband just took my arm before I could get mad. He walked to the cash register so she could give our change and she then went to the back part again. My husband followed her and told her she must need it so just keep the change. We both know that money never made it to the cash register. I was traveling so I cannot go back there, but I will call and complain.