Smart Shoppers Savings Club / billing and won't cancel

I received a phone call that if I joined the Smart Shopper Savings Club, I would receive a $100 Target gift card in my information packet. I was charged $3.95 for the first week. I was charged again the second week. I called to say that I had not received a packet and wanted to cancel the membership and receive a refund. They talked, talked, talked, talked, and said they would send another packet. I waited another week. No packet but another charge. When I saw the 4th charge on my account, I called again to cancel. They talked, talked, talked, made offers, blah, blah, blah. I asked SEVERAL times for the supervisor and was FINALLY transferred. She talked, talked, talked, same scripted text over and over. Offered to refund $1.98. Said I had passed my initial review period and they wouldn't refund anymore. IT HADN'T BEEN 30 DAYS AND I HADN'T RECEIVED ANY PACKET TO USE THE SERVICE. I told the Customer Service Manager that I wanted a FULL refund of all charges or I would make sure EVERYONE I KNOW hears about their theft! She finally agreed to cancel my account and give a full refund of all charges.

Ma

Comments

• Je
      11th of Jun, 2013

I received a card in the mail from smart shoppers and was told I could receive a $100 gift card from Target or Walmart for a charge of $3.95. I was a sucker and gave them all my info. Credit Card# etc... I sinced something was wrong and told them to cancel everything and was hung up on 5 times. I called my Credit card company and canceled my card asap! The manager me back the next day and said the only way to cancel it was to get a conformation #which he said I would have to listen to a recording and answer OK to all questions which I did. Then he hung up! I feel like a fool. I am glad I canceled my card before they could charge the $3.95 which puts everything in motion. I hope this is the end of it. If I do get anything from them in the mail I will write canceled and refuse to accept it. I called the Federal Trade Commission to report them @ 1-877-382-4357. I will also file a complaint with the Attorney General. I want to sue these people for putting me through this crap! The Smart Shoppers # is 1-855-733-8172. Do not call them!!