Smart Savings CenterBoca Raton / Continuing Charges for Unasked for Service

1 999 W. Yamato Rd.Boca Raton, FL, United States
Phone: 800-511-6538

In April, 2009, I bought a DVD from Smart Savings Center, paying by American Express credit card. Since that time, I have been charged $12.00 per month for four months on that American Express card as a "membership fee." I did not knowingly agree to become a member of anything when I bought that DVD. I informed American Express. They investigated and found the charges to be valid. This can only mean that I was made a "member" of this club or whatever it is by subterfuge. I paid for the DVD that I ordered (including shipping and handling charges) and received it. I was then charged a total of $48 ($12 per month for four months) even though I received absolutely no services or goods from this vendor. American Express now assures me that no further payments will be made to Smart Savings Center.com. However, the fact is that I was robbed of $48. It is deplorable that American Express is enabling this scam, especially in light of the many complaints that I find have been made against this company.