Smart Savings Center/Hot Books Sales / Ordered a book on sale from Hot Book Sales and unknowingly joined the Smart Savings Center

1 NV, United States Review updated:

I ordered a car repair book from Hot Book Sales and elected to buy the book on what the company called their "Hot Book Sales." According to the company representative, when I elected to take advantage of the "Hot Book Sale Price" I joined their Smart Savings Club and agreed to pay $29.00 plus a dollar every months forever

This company took advantage of me and has, without my permission, charged my credit card, used for the original purchase, their Smart Savings Club monthly charge.

When I became aware of this charge, I canceled my Smart Saving Club Membership.

I never received anything from Smart Savings or an email confirmation of my membership.

AS ALWAYS - BUYER BE AWARE - My $5.00 book savings at Hot Book Sales has now cost me a $100.00 more over the original cost of my book.

Tl

Comments

• Fm
      4th of Jun, 2009

I just went experienced th same situation as TLM. Of course I canceled on line immediatley when I realized what had happened and then I called the next day and told them they had a very unhappy buyer. They should make it very clear that they are a membership book club and the price should show up on the first check out total. My book ended up costing four times the amount than I expected.
    Sneaky and snide business practice!!!