Smart Lids / Overcharge

1 Tarrytown, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18666088635

I paid $20.00 for two sets of smart lids but the shipping and handling was $47.70 and because I didn't notify them that I was returning them they said that they could only give me a $20 credit, which they did. My point was that they probably didn't weight over 5 or 6 oz - they were plastic rings with a stretching plastic over them. If they would have been reasonable about the s & h charges I could have handled this, but I find this ridiculous. There is probably nothing you can do, but I have never disputed a charge in my life, but I don't like this one.

Thanks,
Christine Heldreth.

More Smart Lids Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ga
      12th of Jul, 2008

These lids don't work.Put them in the fridge and they loosen up and come off.They suck Gary

• Pa
      16th of Nov, 2008

I ordered two sets of lids at - buy one get one free - for $10.00 and, yes, I would like to have the free bonus jumbo lid for just P&H. So I ordered two sets for $20.00 and the French Chef's knife for $9.95. and the free Jumbo lids for just P&H. I did not get the Jumbo lids -they were "back ordered".

My enclosed bill is for $81.60. $29.95 for product and $51.65 for shipping and handling. This certainly appears to be a scam - what do you think?

I called customer service and spoke with an unpleasant person who assured me that these P&H prices were shown (they are shown as $7.95) and that the best she could do was to cancel the order for the free jumbo lids and credit my account for $31.80. So, if that is the case, it is still a $49.80 price for this stufff.

Buyer beware, for sure.

• Sh
      29th of Nov, 2008

These people are SCAMMERS. I fought them and got all my money back. I wonder why VISA, MasterCard, etc. allow them to do biz and I'm working on getting straight answers from the credit card cos. Why do they extend the charge privilege to downright fraudulent vendors?
    Write to your BBB. Fight the ###!