Smart Game Shopper / Fraud

1 Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18665871999

This company is nothing more than a fraud. I set up as a game website, but their true profits are to scam you. Anytime you buy anything from this website, it automatically signs you up for some book of the month club, or discount club, or what ever else they feel that day. The charges go under BBV, look them up on the internet. When you buy a game, you walk away thinking you got a fair deal, not great but fair, until a few days later, they hit your credit card or bank account with unauthorized charges. They will keep doing it until you realize you have been scammed, and that my be months down the road. Of coarse they would be happy to cancel you illegibly obtained enrollment, but a refund is not possible.

Comments

• Wa
      16th of Dec, 2010

This website is fraudulently set up. I ordered a wii game on the site, and they indicated that the game was out of stock. Two days after the game was expected to ship, I contacted them, only to find that the game was still out of stock. It wasn't until I googled the company name that I found that they fraudulently charge customers a monthly membership fee for which you inadvertently sign up when you purchase a product. I was (supposedly) granted a "courtesy refund" for the monthly membership fee, and although the product is not in stock, I have to wait and see whether they can cancel my order. Once the money has been refunded, I will ensure that my credit card company prohibits activity with this company. Now to buy a game from amazon that will ACTUALLY get here in time for Christmas...

• Di
      28th of Jan, 2011

Same experience. They double-charged me, told me it was on backorder, then never sent it and held onto my money. Stay away from these snakes.

• Bb
      15th of Oct, 2011

Hi there,
    I'm Jeff from the {SmartGameShopper.com/BestBrandValues} Support Team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding your concern of automatic sign up, we do not offer a mandatory membership and you can choose whether to join the membership and order or whether to order without joining the membership. Also, the membership sign up is not automatic, and you have to agree to the Terms of Offer of membership on the checkout page to join the membership. The Terms of Offer are very clear on the checkout page and you have to agree to them in order to place the order and join the membership.

If you join the membership then you are entitled to many membership benefits like special $5.00 discounted price for first item, free shipping for first item and wholesale prices for all ordered items. If you had not joined the membership then these benefits would not have been applied to you.

We try to help all our customers to the best of our abilities. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us via Phone support, chat support or support ticket and we will be happy to assist you further.

16th of Dec, 2011

I order a game from smartgameshopper.com and did not sign up for any membership, but to my big surprise I was charge every month extra 19.99 on my credit card ...Stay away from this scams !!!