Small Business Grants Canada / DECEPTION

1 875 Bloor Street West M6G 3T6Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-868-1681

Company claims access to a database of leads to Canadian government grants and loans for business'. The bulk of their 'leads' do nothing more than refer the purchaser of these leads to their local bank for loans. This is in direct contrast to everything listed on their site prior to paying. They further show a list of 'Success Stories' that the user/purchaser assumes, because they are listed at the site, to be clients of the website however, upon careful examination of the 'Success Stories', it appears that none of the success stories has anything to do with this site. These success stories appear to be public domain stories who did not use the sites wares to obtain their loans or grants.

Though I have listed a phone number taken from the site, calling this number asks the caller to enter a four digit pin which is not known to the caller, hence the phone is never answered and the caller is left with no way of contacting the company. I have emailed this company after finding their real contact info by searching the 'WHOIS' database and informed them that I would be searching and seeking them out to retrieve the money I lost with them and as of this typing, I have had no response. I attempted contact with them one week ago. I will be contacting the BBB in our area and submit a complaint. I did contact their host service who claim that unless subpoenaed, they would not release the site owners phone contact info for the site. I will continue to try and contact them and expose them for who they are.

Pr
Apr 12, 2013

More Small Business Grants Canada Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Th
      8th of Aug, 2013

If you are being directed to a bank by our service, that is because the bank has a government-backed program. In such instances, you get the loan through the bank (in full or in part) and must apply to them instead of the government, and then the government either pitches in money or security on your behalf. Often, if you approach the bank directly without mentioning the program name, they will tell you no such program exists because, unfortunately, bank employees tend to be woefully ill-informed about their company's relationship with government small business funding.

This is why our services will be directing you to banks in some instances (although certainly not in the "bulk" of them) -- you'll note none of the bank-provided business loans our services provide information on are personal loans, or business loans solely from the bank; they all entail government involvement at some level. Disregarding a government program simply because it is being represented by a bank, through which primary contact is often handled, could be doing your business a great disservice by passing on a legitimate funding opportunity the bank cannot match on its own.

However, you are correct in that the currently available success stories are not our company's clients -- as a statement accompanying each story indicates: "This recipient got funding ON THEIR OWN and you may too, if eligible" (emphasis mine.) These success stories are about entrepreneur funding, not our business, as a means to prove the funding is out there to be had and to share how some people went about getting it. None of these stories so much as mention our website's involvement in their process.

This is a new e-commerce specific site associated with a long-standing company operating an identical (but non e-commerce) service elsewhere, so we've yet to begin accumulating and posting client success stories directly related to this new site. The parent company has, however, helped Canadian entrepreneurs obtain nearly $9.5 million in government funding in the past four years alone via a product that serves the same purpose and is the force behind the new e-commerce site -- so, that may give you something to consider.

If you still think this is not sufficient evidence that the services provided are appropriately backed by information resources with a proven history of helping Canadian entrepreneurs access government business funding, the number you should be calling for customer support is (as posted on the site) 1-800-868-1671. This number is the one provided on our "contact us" page, and does not ask for a pin -- the only number that would do so is if you were trying to access our in-house, employee phone service, the number for which is not on our site.

Regards,
    Steven Trustrum
    Content Manager for Small Business Grants Canada

• Pr
      20th of Aug, 2014

I agree, this site is a real SCAM! Don't give your credit card #!!! When you try to call the agent assigned to you, you get voice mail and no return. When you call customer service, you get mail box full. They charged my card for more then I agreed to. No service now! Was told I could apply directly from their site but links don't work or no forms available. terrible!!!

• Th
      25th of Aug, 2014

Our apologies that you've had difficulty getting in contact with you. When clients complain that they are charged "more than they agreed to, " it turns out they've forgotten that the payment is made in two installments, or it is an honest mistake. Either way, we look to correct the issue with the client. If the phone message box is full, you can email customer support at csvc@hqfinance.org. We make every effort to contact clients with support or payment issues, but time is sometimes required.

• Eu
      10th of Mar, 2015

I was planning to extend my business a little bit but I don’t have much funding to make it possible. So, I approached Small Business Grants Canada. They were able to help me LOOKING FOR AND CHOOSING THE BEST AGENCY TO HELP ME in my current financial problem. They also gave me some helpful advice on how to maintain my business and be successful at it. You should get help from them too!

• St
      15th of Mar, 2015

The service provided by Canada Government Grants is wonderful. I really didn’t know what to expect when I first contacted them and I must say I was highly impressed. There were a number of options for me to choose from the process is completely transparent and easy to understand. I have been recommending www.canadagovernmentgrants.org to everybody as a wonderful service in providing with the best and appropriate fund sourcing programs in Canada.

26th of Mar, 2015

After months of tearing around looking for grants, I finally decided on trying out www.canadagoverenmentgrants.org and soon I began kicking myself for not having done so earlier. There were a number of grant options that I was eligible for and I sure feel like a fool for having wasted so much of my time despite knowing of the service earlier. In case you are looking for grants in Canada, do not waste your time like me. Rather, you would want to take a look at Canada Government Grants. They are knowledgeable and reputed and will surely have something in store for your needs.

• Fe
      31st of Mar, 2015

I was skeptical regarding the kind of service that I would receive from www.canadagovernmentgrants.org and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. They provided me a few list of information which I exactly wanted. A few agencies and programs in helping me with the funds that I required for getting my business started and the terms and conditions of the service were also explained to me completely. While gathering funds can prove to be slightly complicated, Small Business Grants Canada can help you find programs for your business to get started easily. The service is highly recommended.

• Fe
      31st of Mar, 2015

If you are looking out for funds to set up your business in and around Canada, the Canada Government Grants organization proves to be one of the best services around. Funding programs are available across different industries and the service has a number of success stories of businesses doing well after being granted with funds. Small Business Grants Canada provides you with the list of programs/agencies that you can apply to. My wife and I had also started a business some time ago and www.canadagovernmentgrants.org was source of funds finder. The service is simple and apparently very fast. It met all of our needs. It proves to be one of the best services for sourcing funds finder in the Canada.

• Mo
      11th of Apr, 2015

My business was ragging behind in terms of the right services and products for my clients. I was in danger of losing clients as I could not affordable the extra cost of producing quality products and services for my growing clientele. Fortunately, Small Business Grants Canada came to my rescue and offered me reliable grants agencies for my business.

• Be
      11th of May, 2015

I totally disagree on this article! I just had the best help one can have through Small Business Grants Canada's services. They have a very friendly customer service agents. Plus you can call them anytime of the day. They have helped me apply correctly to the most appropriate agency there is. No sweat on finding money for my new venture. Hope this goes well i the coming days. Don't hesitate to visit their site. God bless!

17th of May, 2015

I was searching and skimming on some articles here and saw this post. I think many have misunderstood the site of Small Business Grants Canada. They are actually NOT A LOAN GRANTER but for me and everyone else, is one of the best way of getting approved by a loan agency faster and less hassle, even hassle free. If you are from Canada and looking for an agency to loan some money for your business, this is the best solution. they have a great platform and friendly agents. They will help you apply to an agency which best suits your qualifications and needs. The agents are there for you always to attend to your queries. Don't lose hope on applying with a loan, have faith on your business, visit www.canadagovernmentgrants.org now!

• Be
      24th of May, 2015

Deception? No, of course not! I can attest to Small Business Grants Canada to their effectiveness and reliability. they have the best tools and agents. Also, I got approved with the loan I applied to their agency assigned. Very helpful indeed!

• Mi
      27th of Jul, 2015

I was looking for a financial boost when I was suffering from a sudden financial crisis. I had made several investments which resulted in huge loss. I was in a financial debt basically so to repay my debt my wife gave me the idea of starting a business in ecommerce website. I was already very distressed and didn’t want to face any more difficulties in getting grants. So I thought I should get help from an organization who could provide me with the required assistance. I found this company online and I gave them my details. When I received a call from them I told them what all I required and they did a detailed analysis and showed me which grant they think will be beneficial for me. After all this was done. Within two weeks, I was able to get the fund once I qualified the agency’s requirement which granted me the amount. This company was extremely supportive with me and I really want to thank them for giving me the helping hand I needed.

• Jw
      31st of Jul, 2015

I obtained access to the online database from Small Business Grants Canada and instantly had many different government assistance programs at my fingertips - it was easy to navigate and I was able to apply to a handful of different programs. I am still awaiting a response from the different government agencies, and I am still applying to new programs as they come out. I am hopeful that I will get accepted to one of the many programs I applied to, and can get my business going to the point where I dreamed it could.

• Sl
      13th of Aug, 2015

I wasted a ton of time that I could've spent building my business because I was busy searching for different government assistance programs. So grateful to find a company that has already done all this work for me! Small Business Grants Canada has a ton of different government programs on the web and make it so easy to apply to the different programs. The online database filters out the programs that I wasn't eligible for, so I could apply to the ones that were relevant to my business. I am now Awaiting a reply to the programs that I applied to this past month - wish me luck!

• Sl
      13th of Aug, 2015

I wasted a ton of time that I could've spent building my business because I was busy searching for different government assistance programs. So I was grateful to find a company that has already done all this work for me! Small Business Grants Canada has a ton of different government programs on the web and make it so easy to apply to the different programs. Their online database filters out the ones that I wasn't eligible for, so i could apply to the ones that were relevant to me. I am awaiting a reply to the programs that i applied to this past month - wish me luck

• Mt
      17th of Aug, 2015

My partner and I weren’t so quick to give our information out over the phone to Small Business Grants Canada. After they told us about the different success stories, and actually reading some of them ourselves, we decided to purchase. It saved me so much time searching through google for the different programs offered.

• Ab
      1st of Sep, 2015

It does take some time and effort to apply to various government assistance programs after you get access to the database of programs but it does save you a ton of time that you would have to spend searching through google and the various government agency websites. The programs available are far and wide and you can pretty much find one no matter what industry you are in.

• Ph
      1st of Sep, 2015

It was really refreshing to find someone who could help me with achieving exactly what I had wished for. After searching for hours around the different government agency websites I felt hopeless. But Small Business Grants Canada conveniently gathers all of the information you need to apply onto one convenient database! It makes it so much easier for small business owners to apply to the different programs available.

• Bi
      4th of Sep, 2015

We needed a new CNC machine but no matter how we calculated we simply wouldnt be able to afford it. We were sure that we wouldn't be eligible for government funding but eventually decided to try anyway. After contacting small business grants Canada and speaking with Michael we really felt like there is hope for us yet. We applied to 6 diferent programs and were able to get funding from 2 of them. We now have a brand new CNC machine and the business is doing better than ever. The help we got from the SBGC was invaluable, without it we probably wouldnt have ended up applying for anything.