SLR performance chip / fraud in advertising and refunds

1 po box 867, Tarpon Springs, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: unobtainable

my husband ordered a guarented money back performance chip from this company for his birthday gift in december 2010. after recieving it and talking to several mechanics, it was decided best not to install in his 2007 tycoma. we contacted slr and recieved instructions how to return it and would recieve our refund asap. they have had it since 1/3 and have yet to contact us about our refund. upon further investigation we have read many emails with the same complaint for this company. they should not be allowed to advertise on the internet and we are also joining many in filing a complaint with the florida attorney general. we can be contacted at [protected]@gmail.com

Comments

• Po
      31st of May, 2010
    SLR performance chip - Theft
    SLR Motorsports
    slrmotorsports.com

I ordered the slr performance chip from slr motorsports online. My card was charged but I did not receive the product. My emails have gone unanswered. I will be contacting my local news, Consumer Affairs, BBB, the US Postal Service (mail fraud-federal), and an attorney to file suit along with assistance filing criminal charges. I suggest all involved do the same as giving up is what keeps individuals like this in business.

• Tr
      13th of Jan, 2011

I immediately contacted 2checkout.com who handles slr sales.They said mail chip unopened back to SLR thru USPS and get a tracking #. when chip arrives at SLR per trk.#(doesn't have to be accepted by SLR, just has to get there), they will issue a full refund.
    I told their rep they would be wise to sever biz with SLR, & she hinted heavily it was going to happen.Their # is 877-294-0273.

Good Luck, TRAYN

• Ca
      22nd of Jan, 2011

THIS IS THE MAIL i SENT TODAY TO slr mOTORSPORTS. LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS

I HAVE ORDERED A CHIP FOR BOTH MY 2011 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE V6 AND MY 1993 F150 302. I TOOK THe JEEP TO THE DEALER TO HAVE HIM INSTALL IT. HE WILL NOT INSTALL IT CAUSE HE SAID IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY AND IT WILL NOT WORK AS
    ADVERTISED. THE FORD DEALER WILL NOT INSTALL IT EITHER. HE SAID IT WILL NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED AND MaY DAMAGE THE TRUCK.
    PLEASE SEND ME RA#s for both so i can send them back for the full refund as promised in your advertisement. Both have only been opened but not attemped to install. jAN 21 2011