Slimtab - acaiberry / illegal charging

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I order this product through the website to try acai berry cleansing pills. It states they will charge $3 for S&H try for 14 days. I get charged the $3 and did not receive trial bottle. a week later there is a charge for $89.31 so I call to let them know they didn't send me the trial and I hadn't received the full bottle they were charging me for. So they cancel the account and tell that the trial was coming with the full bottle of pills. WHAT! I told them no I didn't want anything anymore because that is not the way they should be doing business. The man tells just return the package back and we will do a refund. So a few days later I receive the package I keep the trial (as I was charged for it) tryied it did not work. I return the pills, didn't open the package just put return on the USPS bag and drop in mail box. Now its been almost 60 days and no refund. I called and talked to two idiots at the customer service who tell me without the tracking number they can't issue the refund because the free trial was expired. Now explained everything the way I just wrote it. I didn't get a trial to try in the first place and my card was charged without me haviang a chance to try the product and agree or not to the terms and conditions! Now tell me if this isn't stealing, they should extended my trial period at least but no they didn't and now they wont refund my card. Oh and when I asked in both occasions to talk to a supervisor suprisingly he was in a meeting and then they hung up on me!! The NERVE of these company but foolish me for not returning it via UPS!

Ma

Comments

• Q4
      5th of Nov, 2015

Yes you've been scammed. I have gotten 20+ calls about this because my company in Portland Maine has a similar name and Directory assistance is giving out my company' phone number when asked for Direct MRKT!

The address is a PO box in a shopping mall in Portland - no store - no office.
    I called local police and the Attorney General's office in Maine to make them aware. Local police said they've gotten reports about this PO
    Box before and unfortunately they cannot do anything about it because the orders are coming in from out of state so your local police would have to open an investigation based on your complaint to them. I keep telling the people who call to check the website to learn about this scam and to not order if no phone number or website is listed. I am sorry . ~ Leslie @ Q4 Direct Marketing Portland Maine www.q4dm.com