Slim Easy Pro / Unauthorized billing

Slim Easy Pro stoled $88.97 from my checking account. I bought from an internet ad on 12/1/8 and paid $7.99 with a promise of cans of shakes, bars and other items. Received just a tiny jar with a thimble sized scoop of chocolate flavored powder and a piece of paper that said if I like banana flavor, to add a banana, if I like peanut butter, to add that to the powder and a glass of water twice a day, and that was my diet for a month!! When I saw $88.97 taken from my account, I called on 1/12/9 and was rudely interrupted and told I ok'd them to take the money when I signed up for the first order to have that amount debited. I said I wanted that canceled. He said he would but would not refund the money, even with me telling him I just got laid off. nor have I received the order I paid for. Beware of these scam artist!

Comments

• Ml
      15th of Feb, 2009

I had a similar experience with this company, although they didn't cancel my account when I first requested it. I tried using the website to cancel my account which apparently didn't work either because I continued to receive shipments.

I also called customer support to find out where to return the unrequested product and really get my account canceled. I was treated very rudely and told to wait for the email response from the company, which never came!

After 4 attempts to resolve the issue with the company, I finally had to have my credit card company treat the charges as fraudulent. They canceled my old card and re-issued a new one.

• Ge
      16th of Feb, 2009

Our website clearly state that we send you double chocolate, but we give you a recipe for the chosen flavor you requested. Go ahead and email me and ill be able to help you.

-Serge Reynolds

SergeReynolds@gmail.com

• Do
      20th of Feb, 2009

I was ripped offf with my initial order, then they billed me for the extra 80 something more dollars, and I cannot get help returning the shipment for my money back!!! SCAM!!!

• Mi
      23rd of Feb, 2009

The company has and F rating with the BBB. DO NOT buy this as you will be charged regardless if you cancel within the alloted time AND you may not even get the product. BE WARE!!!

• Mi
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Total scam!!!

• Mc
      24th of Feb, 2009

I have been scammed as well. I though I was trying Dr. Atkins shake??? This must of popped up without me knowing it. This company does not sale food from akins. I buy the atkins bars and it says akins on it. I cancelled but as I have read above it looks like I have to contact my credit card.
    Thank you and also this company needs to reported to the consumers report as well as your procecuting attorney. Who knows what they put in thier shakes???? Nothing is safe anymore.
    Lori

• Ms
      24th of Feb, 2009

I too was scammed. I did not receive my order until after the 20 day period had passed, so when I sampled the product 21 days after the order I was un able to avoid the 88.97 charge even though I requested a cancellation and explained the product arrived late. They finally offered to refund me 34.99 but not the complete 88.97 charge. THIS COMPANY ALSO GAVE MY CREDITCARD INFO AND EMAIL ADDRESS TO A COMPANY CALLED "PRIMETIME" who then automaticly signed me up with there company and charged me a membership fee.
    Has anyone heard or had this happen to them?

24th of Feb, 2009

Read all the other Complaints from Acai berry or My trial support and you will see the same thing has happened to everyone...

Info found on this website, and it's only part of it

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

24th of Feb, 2009

Keep that card open, and you will see more unauthorized charges

• Ri
      25th of Feb, 2009

On December 31, 2008 I ordered merchandise from this company via the internet. After waiting 2 weeks I contacted the company to inquire which I was told they would not assist me that I needed to e-mail customer service. I requested a supervisor and was called a '###en ###' by the agent and hung up on. I sent four e-mails requested a refund, which I received no response. I have called this company 7 times to date, which each time I was treated rudely and refused a transfer to a supervisor. Each person I have spoken to claims to have been a supervisor which clearly is a ploy to defraud consumers.

While the amount charged was only $5.95, it is fraud. I want this money returned plus I want to be paid $180 for each time I had to waste my valuable time contacting this company.

25th of Feb, 2009

They give wrong advertising said 30 days trial but actually 15 days later they send you 2 bottles/month for $88.97 and they just charge you. When you want to cancel or discontinue. they just said they already bill you and you must have to do refund. It is just wrong and they are not helpful at all. Please be aware..., it is really a scam!!!

• Le
      18th of Mar, 2009

I too have been scammed after ready all these comments. I'm going straight to my Credit Card now to close it down.

They gave false advertising about the bars and diet guide that was never received. The picture of the bottle of shake mix is twice the size of what you receive. I trust that I have finally learned my lesson that nothing is free in this world and to never sign up for anything like this again.
    Unhappy in Zion, IL

20th of Mar, 2009
    Slim Easy Pro - all i wanted was the free trial offer and i got the free trial offer alright plus was charged almost $90. for a product that I didn't want.
    Arkansas

All I wanted was the free trial offer. I got the free trial offer then in one of the packets it said if you don't won't this please call and cancel. Which that's what I did. Well the next thing I knew I was balancing my check book and notice a charge for almost $90 where your company. I called the number and the person said I needed to go on line and complain. He would not help me whatsoever. I have not opened any of your product and I will send them all back.. I did not ask for more.

• Li
      29th of Mar, 2009
    Slim Easy Pro - took trial offer i week later co. deducted 88.97 from credit card tried to call told to return item did so return refused
    slimeasypro.com
    1210 s brand dlvd.
    Glendale
    California
    support@slimeasypro.com

signed up for trial offer for 5.99 i week later without my permission took another 88.97 from my credit card called to complain told to return item and get full refund sent item back to co. returned to me that they would not accept package bank refuses to help me with this matter please help

• De
      3rd of Apr, 2009
    Slim Easy Pro - Unauthorized Withdrawl of Funds
    Dennis Van Cleve
    2041 Reo Rd.
    Lansing
    Michigan

I agreed to the shipping and handling charges ($6.00) for a sample of their product which I received. The other day, I discovered another package of 2 more bottles in the mail and my bank statement indicated that there was a $88 "uauthorized" withdrawl from my bank account.
    This is not the arrangement that I had agreed to. I have made attempts via email or website. The page has come up on the "OPPS" page, meaning that they are no longer promoting their product online, nor can I tell them to discontinue the product.
    Thank you for your help!!!

• Va
      6th of Apr, 2009
    Slim Easy Pro Shakes - Unauthorized Billing
    Slim Easy Pro
    Pennsylvania
    slimeasypro.com

Same exact thing happened to me..what a rip off. 88.47 dollars charged to my card when all I wanted was to try the not so free sample and the bars which never came!..now I'm fighting with them to refund my money back. I never even received the items they said they sent..who would ever pay 88. dollars for his crap anyway..I'm so furious over this.You don't get any response from the emails..and the customer service is a joke. I'm launching a complaint with everyone I can think of..Do not give these scam artist your credit/debit card info..they will go in to your account and give you some crazy story about how you should have read the information on the website. saying you only have 20 days..what a rip off..don't do it..the sample will end up costing you over $100.00 dollars in the end..and trust me no where near worth it.

• Pe
      8th of Apr, 2009

I had the same problem. I ordered the trial offer and never even opened the container. Next I know I get two more containers of the product and an unauthorized $88.97 charge on my credit card which I can ill afford. I called the phone number on the package and apparently that is the number for a call center that handles many accounts and there is nobody available to deal with customers.

Slimeasy is a $RIP OFF!! How do I prevent any more charges or orders?

• Tu
      11th of May, 2009

I also ordered the trial order back in December 2008. Nothing came with the trial package advising you have 20 days to cancel or you'll get a 2nd shipment of $88.97. I emailed immediately to get it cancelled, the website says response in 24 hours. It took THREE days for someone to contact me and that was after I called the customer service department to complain. I still to this day 5/11/09 have never heard back from this company with the REQUIRED RMA Number to return the package. I finally sent it back with hopes that the unopened mix and my email chain asking repeatedly for information will find its way to the CEO.

14th of May, 2009

I was billed $88.97 for the slimeasy product on 02/24/09. I returned the product a week later. However the $88.97 is still charged to my mastercard. I called the company today and was told to log onto Support@slimeasypro.com
    I am going to get the credit card company involved to see if I can get my account refunded.

Joyce