Sleepys/miralux Mattress / return policy

We spent $2400 on a king Miralux mattress (luxury) (including delivery and tax) and it felt comfortable in the store. However, it was uncomfortable on the first night, but thought it would just take some getting used to. Every night we questioned how bad it 'bent' us like we were in a hammock. Now, after 31 days of sleeping on it, I'm sleeping in our guest room on a mattress that was given to us. The back pain got worse as time went on. I was hoping that as time went on, my back would get used to it. It is ten days past the return period and there is absolutely nothing they will do.

If you are crazy enough to step inside of Sleepys, my advice for you would for you would be to negotiate a price 300 dollars cheaper than the 'bottom line'. Then if you take the mattress home and don't sleep well on it, you can return the mattress and not be worried about losing $300 more dollars. That $300 return amount is what kept me trying to talk myself into liking the mattress once it got home.

They say they burn the returned mattresses and that costs the $300. Why then is the return policy shorter than that of other things? I wonder if they make it so short to keep them clean for resale.

Now that I'm stuck with a bad purchase, I went online and see these things other people wrote . If I knew then, what I know now...

N  8th of Aug, 2008 by

Sleepy's - Terrible experience
Sleepy's Mattress
New Jersey

I recently purchased a mattress from Sleepys and was told that it would be delivered the following day. It was not, and we did not know that it would not be ariving until we called Sleepy's AFTER it was supposed to have arrived. The mattress did come the next day. The delivery people smashed the mattress up the stairs so hard that there was a 2 foot lump in the middle of the mattress. When. The delivery people told us that we would have to file a warranty claim. We finally convinced them to take the mattress away while the customer service people told us that they would have a replacement to us the next day. The next day came and went without a mattress and without them informing us that they would not be able to deliver the mattress as scheduled. The same thing then happened several days later at our next appointment because they "forgot" to put our mattress on the truck. They say that they are now going to "squeeze" us in today and the mattress will arrive between 2 and 10 tonight. I am supposed to wait 8 hours for them to arrive to bring a mattress that they have failed to deliver on multiple ocassions previously? I have never experience a combination of incompetence and terrible customer service before. It appears that I should have checked the internet before and I would have seen countelss complaints and that Sleepy's has been sued by multiple states for fraud and customer abuse type cases. Don't make the same mistake we did- buy elsewhere.
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by
Stay away from Miralux mattresses and box springs! The same thing happen to me; the bed feels great in the store (they must do some type of quality switch) and what I had delivered was garbage. They are about to replace the squeaky box spring for the 2nd time! And avoid Sit n Sleep stores - the customer service is awful!
A  27th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I can't agree more. We purchased a bed from them and are having a ton of pains in our backs that keep getting worse. They make you jump through the hoops in order to get the "bed check" people over to your place to check the mattress which is a joke because they say the same ### every time over..."The arc of the bed and the amount it bends are within manufacturer specifications so there is no defect thus no exchange" These beds are horrible and I wouldnt want anyone I know of to sleep on one. The bed check people are coming AGAIN in a few days to blow more smoke up our ### I'm sure..
N  9th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I am just thinking about to purchase one mattress recently, and I did go to Sleepys couple days ago. The sales in Sleepys recommend me to buy Miralux, I try Miralux's bed, and I do not think that is kind of awful. I just wonder, if Miralux 's mattress is really like a piece of crap and Sleepy is so evil to push this crab to customers then how come Sleepy is still doing their business so well, and customers keeps going back to buy a mattress. Well, I really appreciate every one's comments and inputs, and I think those are really helpful. However I just doubt for some of reviews. I think different mattress fit different people; therefore I will compare and try more mattress before I make the decision.
N  16th of Feb, 2010 by
I purchased a mattress from Sleepys - the Gershwin Perfect Night. I have had to call and have a mattess inspector come out. The mattress sags and the defect is in the pillow top portion of the mattress. However the inspector inspects the mattress when you are not on the mattress which makes no sense to me. At this time, I would tell all my family and friends not to purhcase a sleepy's mattress. They only want the sale and their customer service is horrible. The store could care less if you have a problem and now the sales person has noved on... I am so dissapointed in the mattress and am only asking for a replacement.

N  18th of Feb, 2010 by
Hi Terri,
Cathy from Sleepy's, thank you for reaching out to me via email today. I look forward to our company reaching a resolution to your claim.

N  12th of Apr, 2010 by

Sleepy's - Avoid at all costs

I purchased a Queen-Waldorf mattress from Sleepy's in Ramsey, NJ approx 16 mos ago and after 9 mos, it has a huge deep indentation in the center. After contacting them and having their 'inspection', I find out that they will only replace the box spring because the flaw it is only 1 3/8 inch deep instead of the needed 1.5 inches. At this poin, they will only replace the box spring (for which they want to charge me $89.99 delivery) even though the mattress is clearly sunken right in the center. I only weigh 125 lbs and sleep alone. HELP! PLEASE!
A  27th of Apr, 2010 by
And I thought it was just me. My shoulders are killing me. My husband keeps telling me it's the mattress, but I didn't believe him. Now I do. There's $2500 I will never get back.
A  18th of May, 2010 by
My husband and I are another two customers dissatisfied with the Waldorf mattress, and the customer service, from Sleepy's.

Same deal: major sagging on a mattress about 1-yr old. After the inspection, Sleepy's offered to replace the boxspring, but the mattress sags just as badly when lying flat on the floor. And there would a $60 charge for our new boxspring delivery.

Stay away.

Also, the bed inspector, sent by Bed Chek, LLC was very unprofessional.
A  9th of Oct, 2011 by
My husband and I spent $3200 on a gershwin matress from sleepy's. We spent a good deal on the matress because my husband was having back problems. The sales associate at the store recommended pressure mapping our bodies so that we could choose the perfect matress. From the reults of the pressure mapping he recommended the Gershwin. This matress has been a nightmare the pillow top started really sagging after two years. My husband gets out of bed in the morning and limps for at least an hour. We just retrned from a 3 week trip to hawaii. The second day and everyday after that we were there he had absolutley no back problems!!! Sleppy's are not the matress specialists that they want you to believe that they are. We are calling to have the matress checked for the sagging but as previous posts have stated they measure the sag without a person lying in the bed so my expectations of getting a refund are low. We will buy a new matress either way but if we do not get a refund from sleepy's I will never walk in their sotre again.
A  6th of Oct, 2013 by
I too purchased a Miralux mattress and hated it. The mattress sags and the furry lining on the top of the mattress gets so hot in the summer. I felt like I was getting hot flashes all night long. Would not recommend this mattress or Sleepy's. The man who sold it to me said it was the most popular brand in their California stores and later I found out that there are no Sleepy's stores in California.
N  7th of Oct, 2013 by
Hi Sleep no more, We would like to assist you regarding the concerns you have. Please email me at csable@mattress.com providing your invoice # and/or customer code, along with the best contact # for you.
A  25th of Apr, 2014 by
Hello, I purchased a Miralux rapture pillow top mattress about 7 years ago, and after few years, the middle of the mattress started sagging. This mattress has a "10 year warranty", so i called the company, they sent a "bed inspector" to my house to check the sagging in the mattress. I was told my the inspector that the mattress is sagging over 2+1/4+" in the middle ( it needs to be more than 1+1/2" to qualify for the warranty). They checked the frame and the box spring also. The inspector said that there was nothing that could have caused such a massive dip in the mattress, and he said it seems to be a defective mattress, but he doesn't make the call. The report went back to sleepy's, and they said that my box spring was defective and they will not honor the warranty... ( I saw the measurements that the inspector took, the box spring was fine, but sleepy's insists that the box spring had a 1/2" dip in it) so the warranty was voided. They send out a bed inspector, then they dispute his findings and find a reason not to honor the warranty. The worst purchase i made, wasted a lot of money and time with this. So disappointing...
A  5th of Jul, 2015 by
I also purchased a Marilux Rapture late 2007 four about $1, 600 and after couple of years it started sagging in the middle. I did not call a Bed Inspector after seeing all the reviews knowing it is a hopeless situation. I agree with many of you that the sales person was pushing very hard for the Marilux brand not sure if it was discontinued or what...it is amazing why these companies are not held accountable through any type of oversight. Many of us work hard for our money and barely afford such expensive mattresses hoping for a good investment. Today I checked the warranty site called (www.ibcgroup.com) and the following came up (This domain is for sale - Limited offer USD16, 500 - (This price is strictly non negotiable) with Escrow.com Escrow process Popularity). Isn't this a joke...a company that is supposed to cover the warranty on my mattress and is selling its whole internet domain for few thousand dollars...BTW I searched for MARILUX brand on Sleepy's website and nothing showed up...
N  10th of Aug, 2016 by

Sleepy's - Reg a mattress
QUENS, New York

My husband and I went to purchase a mattress, I was recently operated, so I couldn't go with him to pick up the mattress. They sold us a mattress and the box both for $1, 200. We paid cash, after my husband put it in the bed, I told him that's not the mattress that we purchased, it was another brand, much more thicker and fluffy then this one. Now I called immediately the store and the manager (that sold us the mattress) was not there, I told the lady what happened she keep insisting that was the one that we picked, she wasn't even in the store, so she couldn't possibly know. So now what do we do?
I need help. I just want to get, what I paid for it, it wasn't cheap at all!
N  10th of Aug, 2016 by

Sleepy's - Bad karma

Sleepys sells mattresses on the internet and in local retail stores. They charge more if you purchase in the local store. Even shipping has a different charge, it is $69.99 on the internet and $89.99 at the store. One of the mattresses i purchased was $779 on the internet and $864 in the store. This is from the same company. They claimed to me that it was done to pay the salary of the salesperson. This is a rip-off much less bad customer relations.
Beware of Sleepy's!