Sleepy's / Bad experience

1 Manchester, CT, United States Review updated:

On 06/14/08 I purchased a mattress and a box at the sleepy's manchester 169 hale road manchester, ct. I chose the option to pick it up at the store on 06/21/08. Around 6:00pm 6/20/08, I got a phone call from the store saying that the merchandise was shipped to 29 pavilions drive manchester, ct so I should go there to pick it up. I was not happy with that because I had planned to pick up something else from the babiesrus next door during the same trip. But what can I do? On 6/21/08, my husband drove a rental truck to 29 pavilions dr to pick up the stuff. The store manager bob told him that they could not locate the items we bought. The rental truck was charged by mileage, not to mention the gas cost. So I was even less satisfied with sleepy's and cancelled the order. On 07/08/08, I called 169 hale rd and talked to shawn to find out the items I purchased were still available. Because I was short of time to shop for a mattress again, I asked to repurchase the items and have them delivered by sleepy's with no delivery charge. Shawn asked about my preference on delivery date and time window and promised me I was all set. I realized that he probably did not have my current address since I moved so I called him back to give him my new address. He took my address and again promised that I was all set for delivery from 12:00 - 4:00 on 7/9/08. At 1:43pm 7/9, I got a call from the store's sales manager saying she was confused about my order so the mattress and box I purchased were taken off the delivery truck. I told her the story so she said they would put the items back to the delivery truck and she would call me back right away. I was waiting at home for the delivery the entire afternoon. Nobody from sleepy's called me!!! Neither anything was delivered! So I called both 169 hale rd and 29 pavilions dr, total of 4 times requesting to talk to the sales manager. I wanted to find out whether they were going to deliver or not. Someone called zex at 169 hale rd answered the phone twice and each time he claimed that he's a new employee and knew nothing. So I said please let me speak to someone else at the store then. But nobody else came to the phone. When I called the 29 pavilions dr, they said they took my message and would have the sales manager to call me back. Again, the sales manager did not call me back. At 4:48pm I called the company's customer service to complain about my experience. Jeremy from customer service said he could set up a delivery from 3:00pm - 7:00pm tomorrow. I asked for a discount as compensation for the time I spent waiting for the delivery, all the phone calls I made, and the frustration I had for this terrible shopping experience from the very beginning. Jeremy claimed that he was already trying to accommodate me as they normally do not deliver from 3pm - 7pm. But if the items were in the store when we went to pick them up at the first place, nobody would need to deliver anything. And where did that "you are all set" from shawn go??? Why wasn't it delivered as it was promised? So after the first error for misplacing the items, they have to make another one for mispromising a delivery? I talked to jeremy's supervisor, russell from customer service, employee id #rlr. He said I only have two options: cancel the order or have the order delivered another time. But what about the value of my time? I have to wait at home another time for the delivery, not to mention all the time I spent waiting for the sales manager's call back, and all the frustration with the error after error they kept making? At 6:42pm russell called me saying he spoke with mary ann, the sales manager and she would call me back in the evening to resolve the situation. Again, she did not call me back!!! I am terribly upset with my experience at sleepy's.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      21st of Aug, 2008

sleepys sucks they sell all damaged goods and that price match is all ### go to 1 800 mattress they have better prices and customer service

• Ba
      27th of Feb, 2009

Sleepys is terrible. Do not go there for a mattress! The sales people are practing deceptive sales. I can't believe that a business such as Sleepy's can stay open in the tough economic times of today. Their return policy is terribly indescribable. Take it from me! You better love the bed you are buying here because guess what! Good luck returning it!!! My husband and I ended up paying over $1000.00 in exchange fees and delivery for 3 different beds. I could walk in that store right now off of the street and get the bed we bought for $1000.00 less! Sickening! I do not even have words for their uncaring and rude customer service. I have never dealt with such an incompetent company!

• Me
      4th of May, 2009

Good morning, my name is Melissa and I am a Customer Relations Representative at Sleepy’s LLC It has been brought to our attention that you filed a complaint online and we would like to offer assistance to you. I understand this is a public website and ask that you contact me directly at consumerrelations@sleepys.com and provide your account information so we may further address your situation.

We look forward to hearing from you, so we may expedite resolution to your situation.

Regards,

Melissa
    Sleepy’s LLC

• Ji
      4th of Jun, 2009

i had a serious problem with a lady in the customer relations department named "Joanne"... she simply wants to scr*w the customer and force me to pay for sleepy's misrepresentation, knowing i need the right frame and mattress. i will file a complaint with the better business bureau. i strongly advise against going to sleepy's any purchase.

• Hl
      13th of Jan, 2010
    Sleepy's - Incredibly terrible
    Sleepy's
    sleepys.com

I bought a Sealy mattress at Sleepy's in Philadelphia for my son when he relocated for college 8/2004. It had a 10 year warrantee. Within 2 years the bed was horribly ribbed and very uncomfortable. He called the store. He was told it had to have a 2" deep indentation to be repaired/replaced. The warrantee says 1-1/2". It is a pillow top, pretty hard to measure with all the fluffy topping. He has since moved to Danbury CT. I stayed with him in October 2008 and the bed was incredibly terrible!! He now has developed a low back condition. I told him to try to get the warrantee to replace it. He called the Sleepy's store. He told me that he spoke with Shakira and she was going to notate his file to say that he voided the warrantee because he is not the person that bought the bed. She was horrid on the phone to him. I called local stores that sell Sealy to ask what I should do. I was referred directly to Sealy. They've been nice, trying to be helpful. They've called and spoken with 1-800-753-3797 Reggie and Trakia both. They said they would call me (the customer) to straighten this out. Many calls to Sealy and still no call back from Reggie or Trakia. Today Sealy told me to call myself. I did. I spoke with Shakenya. (She corrected me when I called her Shakira) She worked me over on the phone until she had me very irritated then she told me that the file was notated that he had voided his warrantee and I explained that I was the mom that bought the bed. Nope – it’s voided. She refused to let me through to Trakia or Reggie. Seems that she's the hit man to keep people from getting warrantee or repairs. I think I need to pursue a lawsuit.

9th of Feb, 2010

Hi HLOBBE, my name is Cathy from Sleepy’s Customer Care.

Sleepy’s strives for 100% complete customer satisfaction and appreciates when a consumer takes the time to inform us of how we might improve our organization and better serve our valued customers. We want to maintain your trust and loyalty; therefore, please contact me directly at csable@sleepys.com and reference the customer code on your purchase invoice, so I may provide you with some assistance.

Sincerely,

Cathy Sable
    Sleepy’s, LLC

• Lo
      27th of Apr, 2011

well 2 red flags so far. first after placing order salesman said an additional 29.00 was required for the set to be sent to the store, ok we paid that, and we were told the set would be at the store for pick up today (tuesday after 5 pm) well we were there at 615 and guess what, set wasn't at the store .i know thats grounds for cancellation, but again i'm giving them a chance.and there better not be any clue it's an old recovered set.

• Lo
      27th of Apr, 2011

well 2 red flags so far, first after placing order salesman said an addition 29.00 was needed because set had to be delivered to the store(we were picking it up), i didn't see that in their ad, we were told to pick it up today (tuesday after 5 pm, we were there 615 pm and no set was there, now we are told to come back in 3 more days, i know stated in the contract it claims if order not there when it was supposed to be i can cancel, really debating on doing that, it better not be a recovered set, that will be the top off.

• Ri
      13th of Jun, 2011

We bought a $3, 000.00 mattress from Sleepy's and were told it had a 100 % lifetime guarantee. The only clause in the warranty, we were told, was that if any stains got on the mattress it would void the warranty. I told the sales man that we could not buy it then because I have night sweats. He told us they sold a special mattress cover made specifically for that purpose because it was mostly couples our age that were buying the specific mattress we were looking at. He said the mattress cover was guaranteed against night sweats, and a whole list of other things.

Within one year the mattress began to fall apart so we filed a claim. Sleepy's called back and said the mattress was not in bad enough shape for them to replace but the box spring was defective and needed to be replaced. They wanted $91.00 to ship us a replacement box spring!!! We called them back and told them there was absolutely nothing wrong with the box spring at all but the mattress was shot. They sent the inspector out again. The inspector clearly admitted that he saw the mattress was damaged however now there was a small stain on the mattress. Sure enough Sleepy's called and said the warranty was void because of the mysterious stain. We told them that the stain was not there the first time he inspected the mattress and he took off the mattress protector and put it back on himself. We also explained that when we made the initial claim and the first batch of photos were taken there was no stain on the mattress. Sleepy's replied by saying that we needed to go to the company that made the mattress protector because night sweats should not have gone through it onto the mattress and the matress protector company (Metro Guardian) would replace the mattress under their guaranty. We called Metro Guardian and guess what! They said that despite what Sleepy's told us when we bought the mattress night sweats are not covered under their warranty and because I am having night sweats their warranty is void!!! WTH!!! How can any of this be legal??????

• Da
      23rd of Sep, 2011
    Sleepy's - I will never
    Sleepy's

Yes, I also have such a horrible experience like yours. I will stay away from Sleepy's in rest of my life. First, we paid off everything already, but their computer system said that we just paid the deposit. After we figure out that was there computer system fault, them the delivery problem came up again. Everytime I call to the store to make appointment for delivery, they just answered "Our computer system is down, call us tomorrow." I wonder how could they service custemer with such a crap computer system?

Because thay don't have such a "Custemer Service", I guess I will do this way next time...Go to sleepy's and test on every bed, and have a detail discussion with their seller, but always act like I want to buy something from them. As long as that I know what kind of bed that I want, write down the product number, and "SHOP ONLINE." I guess this is the only way that I revenge a company with no "Custemer Service". Complain is useless. I will encourage my friends to do so as well.

At least I don't have any such bad experience with online store since I start buying things online many years ago.

23rd of Sep, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you.

• Sc
      24th of Sep, 2011

i am having a horrible experience with sleepy's . i bought an expensive $3000 mattress by sterns and foster's and although i weigh only 128 lbs. it collapsed after 2 years. i called, they sent an inspector and it turns out the hole is not deep enough!?! PLEASE CONTACT ME AND LET'S START A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST SLEEPY'S BECAUSE THEY ARE HORRIBLY ABUSING THEIR CUSTOMERS. IF I KNEW, I WOULD HAve never done business with them, . please contact me at escanteie@yahoo.com and let's contact the PUBLIC ADVOCATE< THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND THE BBB

• Sm
      18th of Nov, 2012

My husband and I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with Sleepys in Manchester, CT (near babies r us). They gave us an excellent price on a specific memory foam when no other place in Manchester would budge in price. And a discount on memory foam pillows!

They DID deliver the wrong mattress!!! Initially we were pissed and ready to go down and yell at them... However, they were very kind and didn't make us pay anything for a switch or delivery. Every company is going to make mistakes and this company owned up to it. Because of this I'll always shop at this Sleepys!!!

26th of Oct, 2013
    Sleepy's - Warranty
    SLEEPY'S
    1000 S Oyster Bay Rd Hicksville, NY 11801
    Hicksville
    Phone: 516 844-8800

I purchased a Sealy King Size Mattress in June of 2009 (4 years). I called Sleepy's to complain about sagging in the mattress. As we all know, they then send out the "Professional Mattress Inspector", who took 4 weeks to get to my house. He measured the sagging, took a few pictures (my mattress looks brand new), and was gone in 5 minutes. He told me I would get a phone call from Sleepy's with the results. I said to him "what results do I need", I have a 10 year Warranty... His reply, which was epic " IT'S A WARRANTY NOT A GUARANTEE". From that moment I knew the game was on, so I loaded my ammunition, as I went online and found 14, 127 reviews & complaints about Sleepy's shady customer service... Low and behold, I received the call a few days later. I am sorry, but Sleepy's cannot honor your warranty as the report states improper support framing. Sleepy's will now find out the true definition of resilience. I contacted Sealy which is the company that sold Sleepy's my Mattress. I have attached a document from Sealy website that shows Correct king size framing... in the middle Image it shows one support will suffice... My frame has two supports, which I would consider more than adequate. I have posted this complaint with, BBB, Consumer Affairs, [redacted], Pissed Consumer, The Squeaky Wheel, and I contacted Arnold Diaz from Fox 5, and Help me Howard from Pix 11. My Pissed Consumer Complaint got a reply (which BTW has this heading, "SLEEPY'S VOIDS WARRANTY W/BOGUS IMPROPER SUPPORT CLAIM")...from a woman who is Sleepy's customer relations rep & she contacted me, and wrote this amusing little piece... " We thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please email me at csable@mattress.com to include your invoice # and/or customer code along with the best contact # to reach you. We look forward to working with you on resolving the complaint."

In closing I wish you all good luck in your future endeavors with SLEEPY'S THE MATTRESS UN-PROFESSIONALS.

SINCERELY,
    COMPLAINT # 14, 128

• Ut
      31st of Aug, 2016

Poor quality of mattresses, warranty department does not consider your claims seriously. They find any excuse not to cover their products under warranty. Think twice