Sleepy's / Even exchange on a defective mattress COSTING me money?

VA, United States Review updated:

We purchased a Queen Kingsdown mattress from Sleepy's for a spare bedroom in late 2008. We started sleeping on it on a daily basis last year and recently noticed a bad sagging on both sides, resulting in back pain. Their warranty assessor came out and we received a letter stating that it was "Not Up to Manufacturer Standards" and offering an even exchange or store credit to reselect. We opted for a simple even exchange and called to set that up. They have the audacity to not only attempt to change me TAX on a replacement mattress, but an additional delivery fee! Both combined, it was close to $200 that they were demanding we pay out of pocket to get a DEFECTIVE product replaced through their warranty!!! I told the rep that there was no way we were going to pay to have something that shouldn't have failed in the first place redelivered and tax on the second mattress, when the product price and tax should be a wash. She refused, stating that they (Sleepy's) needed to pay their drivers and pay to ship the mattress back to Kingsdown for warranty evaluation. THAT'S THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS!!! Not something that should be forced upon your customer!!! I'm disgusted and still sleeping on a defective bed. No way are we going to give them another dime of our money when the product we paid for should have held up to warranty standards in the first place!

Comments

• Te
      25th of Sep, 2012

Oceanside, New York - I purchased a Sealy's Posturepedic Queens set from Sleepy's in 2004 with a ten year warranty!! It literally takes me 3-4 minutes just to turn over in bed that is how badly my mattress has indented (and I am not a heavy person) - my entire back feels horrible every single morning!!! I called Sleepy's to see what could be done - first the only way they were able to accommodate me was for them to have my phone number from 8 years ago - there old system couldn't find me any other way!! Wow!!! Anyway, an inspector came out and took pictures of my mattress and boxspring - I was informed by Sleepy's that Sealy's refuses to do anything about my bed - Sealy's only will do something if the indentation is 1 1/2 inches - mine is 1 1/8 - wow again!!! What is the point of having a warranty if you are not able to use it?? I do not understand!! Especially when someone pays so much money to have a good nights sleep, which I do not. I have never ever had a mattress effect my body the way this Sealy's Posturepedic set is. No one is willing to really do anything about it - they just think we should just keep giving them money and go get a new bed from them! Like that will ever happen!!!

• Ta
      3rd of Oct, 2012

we should all get together and start a pretest at all the sleepys sotres i lost 1500 bucks over a defective matress and all the wanted to give me was 418 for the box spring and dish out more money on a nnew set. i said forget it and forget the credit... sleepys is the worst and will never shop there again.

• Ta
      3rd of Oct, 2012

I too bought a queen kingsdown but i tested in the sotre on the comfort level tester machine. when it was delivered, it felt like a different mattress and i called the salesperson who i dealt with at the store and she told me to give it 30 days to brea kit in, i said ok. i called after the 30 days and a different saleperson told me after 30 dyas no exchanges or refunds. i was pissed and got stuck with it. Now 3 yrs later the middle is sagging as im laying in the bed, long story short inspector came it was off by 1//4 sleepys gave only a 418 credit towards the box spring. The sales, an lied to me from begiinning to end until the credit came about and we had a big arguemnt aand he said take the credit or leave. i just said forget it i do not want the credit cause i will never buy from there again. I also think that when they credit u for a new set or mattress alone they will give a used or salesfloor sample... i do no trust Sleepy's they are the Matress Unproffesionals! there is a lot more to this stry with this horrible salesman... but i just wanted to get to the point... Anyone who reads this stay away from any sleepy's they are Liars & Crooks!